Breakaway laundry rooms?

haboou

Last time I used the laundry bag on ccl the steward apparantly didn't use detergent!

The clothes appeared to have just been put thru a rinse cycle. And no I didn't waste time on a med cruise that was ending to complain

Next time we used princess and they have wonderful spotless self service rooms

So next time we do an extended cruise if I must use the laundry bag because I have no other choice I am going to hide a detergent pod in a pocket or tie it into a sleeve or something so when the steward washes them if he tries to cut corners at least I know they will be cleaned

Elaborate. Maybe

Will my stuff be cleaned properly. Who knows

I honestly prefer to coordinate and reuse.

Edited by Crusin6

Last time I used the laundry bag on ccl the steward apparantly didn't use detergent!

The clothes appeared to have just been put thru a rinse cycle. And no I didn't waste time on a med cruise that was ending to complain

So next time we do an extended cruise if I must use the laundry bag because I have no other choice I am going to hide a detergent pod in a pocket or tie it into a sleeve or something so when the steward washes them if he tries to cut corners at least I know they will be cleaned

Elaborate. Maybe

The steward doesn't wash your clothes. Cruise ships have huge laundries staffed with employees whose sole job is to do laundry.

The steward doesn't wash your clothes. Cruise ships have huge laundries staffed with employees whose sole job is to do laundry.

Regardless. I gave the bag to the steward and he is the one who returned the supposedly clean clothes to me

I had no contact with any huge laundry facility

I don't have the great love for the room stewards that so many here do and regardless of how often they smile at pax they also do cut corners

Why? Well I guess the time I caught the one on the jewel picking up a used wet towel that I purposely left on the wet bathroom floor for him to remove and saw him put it back on the towel rack is the the reason

the laundry bag incident was on carnival btw as I did state And of course you are 100% positive that there isn't a small laundry room that the stewards use?

So you seem to think that the large washing machines are what they use for the pax laundry bags?

They combine ? They use the large machines for one lousy bag? They seal the bags and throw them all in together?

Think about the latter and you would never use the ships laundry again

Now I am going to use some logic here and go out on a limb. Yes i believe there are small laundry rooms for the stewards to use OR they just seal the bags and wash them all together in the ships laundry. Lets hope they don't combine with others dirty laundry and that would be ridiculous anyway as they would never get back to their proper owner . So according to you since they use the ships laundry for the $25 bags they use the big machines for one small bag ? Really? Hmmm. Think again.

I am sure you will have a further comment about this but I won't bother reading it so have a great day!

I am sure you will have a further comment about this but I won't bother reading it so have a great day!

ROTFLMAO.

Back on subject: Yes, they do combine passenger laundry, on NCL they do attach labels (that have heat activated glue) to each piece of laundry to identify them after washing/drying them (small items such as socks and underware is probably washed in bags, never have seen labels on them after getting the laundry back).

If you're doing a month on board, take advantage of the $25 all-you-can-stuff-in-a-laundry-bag special!

The price of laundry special has gone up from $24.99 (that was for years) to $27.99.

Regardless. I gave the bag to the steward and he is the one who returned the supposedly clean clothes to me

I don't have the great love for the room stewards that so many here do and regardless of how often they smile at pax they also do cut corners

Why? Well I guess the time I caught the one on the jewel picking up a used wet towel that I purposely left on the wet bathroom floor for him to remove and saw him put it back on the towel rack is the the reason

the laundry bag incident was on carnival btw as I did state And of course you are 100% positive that there isn't a small laundry room that the stewards use?

So you seem to think that the large washing machines are what they use for the pax laundry bags?

They combine ? They use the large machines for one lousy bag? They seal the bags and throw them all in together?

Now I am going to use some logic here and go out on a limb. Yes i believe there are small laundry rooms for the stewards to use OR they just seal the bags and wash them all together in the ships laundry. Lets hope they don't combine with others dirty laundry and that would be ridiculous anyway as they would never get back to their proper owner . So according to you since they use the ships laundry for the $25 bags they use the big machines for one small bag ? Really? Hmmm. Think again.

Take a "Behind the Scenes Tour" and you will see exactly how the laundry is done. You could not be more incorrect in your suppositions. Do you really think if you send your clothes to the laundry/dry cleaners at home, they wash your things separately? :rolleyes:

Take a "Behind the Scenes Tour" and you will see exactly how the laundry is done. You could not be more incorrect in your suppositions. Do you really think if you send your clothes to the laundry/dry cleaners at home, they wash your things separately? :rolleyes:

Well of course they do -- the OP is "special" ya know... their local cleaner process every item individually. Could you imagine if your clothes were actually washed with your neighbors! :D

I know you said you won't come back, but, I hope you do. I'm following your logic, you don't want your clothes washed with others as you seem to feel it's a problem? Do you think the sheets, towels and everything else you use including napkins etc are washed for you individually? If it's ok to wash those items together, how is that different than your clothes?

The stewards do not have laundry rooms on the ship, the ship's laundry does all of that. If you have ever used the service on ships or hotels or even in your home town, then you will notice that every piece, including socks have a number assigned to them. That is the way the track what belongs in each bundle. Because you saw one steward do something you didn't approve of, you then extrapolate that to all of the stewards are bad and can't be trusted?

For those who wonder about this, think about something: How much extra water and space would it require to provide self service laundry. Not to mention treatment or disposal of it. I don't think they could just dump the waste water overboard.

Talk about chair hogs, can you imagine the fights that would break out over pax hogging washers and dryers. Been to laundomat lately?

For those who wonder about this, think about something: How much extra water and space would it require to provide self service laundry. Not to mention treatment or disposal of it. I don't think they could just dump the waste water overboard.

Talk about chair hogs, can you imagine the fights that would break out over pax hogging washers and dryers. Been to laundomat lately?

In fact this was the case (we saw arguments many times) years ago before NCL closed the self service laundry rooms on its ships. The laundry rooms were also a filthy mess...the crew couldn't keep up with the slobs who would use them. That was a major contributing factor in NCL's decision to close them (according to what a long-time NCL hotel director told me at the time.) Of course the fact that NCL could make some money by eliminating the laundry rooms didn't hurt either. ;)

Wow, all of these years, I thought elves were the ones washing the laundry on the ship - never even suspected the cabin stewards!

Oh, wait, they actually hire people to do the laundry!

http://www.ncl.com/about/careers/corporate-employment/job-opportunities/28757

As for self laundry, my sister just got off of DCL, and said the laundry situation was a nightmare. People just left their stuff in the machines, and it was impossible for her to get her family's laundry done.

Having done the backstage tour and I was in complete awe as to how they did the laundry, I started to send mine and took advantage of it.

They label then put all your things into a washbag that goes into the wash and dryer, keeping all your things together. Along with many other wash bags.

The massive machines that do the sheets, dry and fold them in less than 5 seconds

the pressing is amazing, they are clipped onto a machine that blows hot air from the inside out and some items are hand pressed.

I now send more than I ever did before - I do recommend it and all mine come back smelling sweetly of detergent

Wow, all of these years, I thought elves were the ones washing the laundry on the ship - never even suspected the cabin stewards!

Oh, wait, they actually hire people to do the laundry!

http://www.ncl.com/about/careers/corporate-employment/job-opportunities/28757

As for self laundry, my sister just got off of DCL, and said the laundry situation was a nightmare. People just left their stuff in the machines, and it was impossible for her to get her family's laundry done.

Yes, that is the one problem we see as well. The rooms are very clean and there are quite a few rooms on the ships compared to what NCL had at the time, but people still leave things in often times. It is nice though to be able to do a load of laundry especially if you have younger kids.

Could this work ?

2_main_pool_26-600x450.jpg

That is funny. I suppose that is why they close the pools at night so they have time to do laundry. I wonder what they use the nets for - maybe rinsing?

I think the conspiracy theorist is the same one who said Teppanyaki was franchised out. I think they are trying to pull our chain on the various conspiracies.

Just curious, does laundry come back the next day?

If you use the bag special probably not, because it will be with 100's of others. If you send out pieces on a regular day they should be. I had a pair of trousers laundered (my traveling pants) and they did a good job, came back on a hanger.

Elaborate. Maybe

OMG I had this EXACT same experience.

Paid $25 for this "all you can stuff in a bag" promo, and the clothes came back smelling and looking like they were washed without detergent.

Also, that bag is (intentionally) flimsy and easily rips, so I had to try twice to get everything stuffed in there, originally having to toss the first bag.

I didn't complain, but on my upcoming cruise I am definitely going to mention my last experience and insist they use sufficient detergent.

I think they are probably skimping and overloading the machines for these promos.

As a platinum on NCl I get free laundry on bag day.

I think that on most (if not all) ships you can use the Platinum perk on any day - at least we have without any problems. The turnaround time seems usually to be a bit faster when they don't have masses of other passengers sending their laundry at the same time.

Edited by Demonyte