Swimsuits ruined on Oasis

I have never met you, but I am sending up a prayer skyward that YOU ARE KIDDING, RIGHT? :eek:

He's not kidding. It got worse, keys got locked outside of the car on the way home. Had to wait two hours for a tow truck. :eek:

Edited by gelli8112

since I now always wear one-piece ladies' Speedos and rinse them in cold water ASAP after use.

However, I once had a very weird experience of swimming in a community pool and the color from the new suit (not a Speedo) imprinted on my skin for a day or two! Oh, yes - that was SO attractive to be bright blue!

Edited by Bookish Angel

Were you happy with ANYTHING on your Oasis cruise?!?!??!?

I had a great time on my cruise, and I was happy with everything about it. I will be doing it again with Royal soon. All the comments that I made about the cruise

on these boards are just that, comments and observations. I guess next time I won't post that a swimsuit faded, and not comment on the service. I thought that maybe I could help someone else from getting a ruined swimsuit. Why do Royal Caribbean Loyalist hate to hear the truth?

My wife had two swimsuits ruined on Oasis last week. They both faded real bad, she thinks it had to do with the chemicals in the pool? Anyone else ever had this problem with Royal's pools?

Having lived in Florida for now 11 years, what you describe happens a lot regardless of the pool I am in, if the pool has enough chemicals in it to keep the water as clean as we all want it to be.

People laugh when I say, I take 4 bathing suits with me for a 7 day cruise; my DH does as well. We are in them often, but change into dry ones often and rinse/wash them out very well.

The bigger problem I have (with all pools regardless of public or private pools at a friends home) is sitting on the edge, can wear away the material.....just a byproduct of use. I get over it, by buying bathing suits on sale.

Having lived in Florida for now 11 years, what you describe happens a lot regardless of the pool I am in, if the pool has enough chemicals in it to keep the water as clean as we all want it to be.

People laugh when I say, I take 4 bathing suits with me for a 7 day cruise; my DH does as well. We are in them often, but change into dry ones often and rinse/wash them out very well.

The bigger problem I have (with all pools regardless of public or private pools at a friends home) is sitting on the edge, can wear away the material.....just a byproduct of use. I get over it, by buying bathing suits on sale.

^^^This is what I was going to say. My experience has been that the swimsuit fades and the fabric thins out (or gets eaten away) even in my backyard pool, and even after rinsing them well.

It was not the sun, she was not in the sun very much. It was the water in the solarium pool and it is a good chance it was because she did not rinse off well enough. They were not cheap swimsuits. I think Royal owes us a free cruise for compensation. I will call them tomorrow and follow up with my lawyer. I will keep everyone posted on the results.

You do that! I'm so excited to see what happens. I bet they make you the new CEO because of all of your serious issues.

Having sat at the pool countless times, I'm amazed that 95% of people believe the showers next to the pool are ornamental in nature. Wash off BEFORE and wash off AFTER! Basic laundry skills tell you that when you get chemicals on clothing, you should remove the chemicals to avoid negative effects. It's a miracle!

You do that! I'm so excited to see what happens. I bet they make you the new CEO because of all of your serious issues.

Having sat at the pool countless times, I'm amazed that 95% of people believe the showers next to the pool are ornamental in nature. Wash off BEFORE and wash off AFTER! Basic laundry skills tell you that when you get chemicals on clothing, you should remove the chemicals to avoid negative effects. It's a miracle!

This is good information, especially from a Bungles fan. Sorry I mean a Bengals fan.

Proudly. Through the good AND bad. You know the best part about meeting Bengals fans? Not having to deal with bandwagon fans. If someone is waving the orange and black, you know they aren't just there because someone told them this was a cool team.

If you think that was a wicked awesome (and unique) insult because you swapped the "e" with the letter "u" you are mistaken.

Proudly. Through the good AND bad. You know the best part about meeting Bengals fans? Not having to deal with bandwagon fans. If someone is waving the orange and black, you know they aren't just there because someone told them this was a cool team.

If you think that was a wicked awesome (and unique) insult because you swapped the "e" with the letter "u" you are mistaken.

I will be there on Oct. 5th. You probably won't sleep well on that night. Get a good nights sleep on the Oct. 4th.

Edited by tomahawk246

Bighairtexan is right -- the best thing you can do to save your suit from the salt and chlorine is to rinse it out, as soon as possible. I always travel with a small bottle of Woolite, for that very purpose. Although, I have discovered that, in a pinch, the blue "mystery" liquid in the shower soap dispensers works quite well, too! ;)

Having sold Dye to Textile manufacturers for over 30 years , here is the scoop. Swin wear is suppose to be dyed with specific dyes that meet certain standards such as Color fastness to chlorine , and standup to a certain amount of hours for lightfastness, and also what they call cold water bleed.

Since most swimwear is no longer made in the United States its up to the (Insert Brand Name) to make sure that the manufacture who is producing the swimwear for them meets those standards. Part of the problem is the (Insert Brand Name) puts pressure on the manufacturers to cut costs. So they use cheaper dyes that don't meet the requirements.

It happened to me on the Adventure a few years ago. Not from the pool. but from the hot tub in the Solarium. My blue swim suit discolored around the seat. Mentioned it on CC and some idiot claimed that it happens to cheap bathing suits. The only time that it has happened to me or my better half.

For some reason the chlorine levels seem to be higher in the hot tubs vs the pools. Its best to rinse then off well after swimming or using the hot tub. The chlorine will deteriorate the rubber in the spandex or lycra fairly quickly..