Am I the ONLY one who doesn't like warm chocolate melting cake?

Ok, there has to be one in every crowd who spoils all the fun.

Love it, and I have excellent taste buds. Considering how popular the dessert is on Carnival, and the fact it's at every meal leads me to believe those that don't like it are actually the ones with the warped taste buds:D

Finally tried it last cruise. Was NOT impressed...and I usually love anything chocolate.

What is it about this particular dessert that makes people go ga-ga?:confused: Because I don't get it. It was ok..but nothing to write home about (as my mamaw would say).

You are not alone. Neither my wife or myself like it at all.:eek:

Me personally...I don't like chocolate(weird I know) but my wife LOVES chocolate but can't stand it either.

Haven't had it yet, but it looks like something right up my alley. I love rich, gooey desserts and chocolate!

I'm betting my husband won't like it. He doesn't like "half-done" desserts.

You crossed the line there buddy. I could have pudding for dinner, and then pudding for dessert.

Pudding pudding like Jell-O boxed pudding or British pudding which is pretty much any dessert though?:D

And somebody upthread said it was actually fondant. I thought fondant was that stuff they put on cakes????:confused:

Finally tried it last cruise. Was NOT impressed...and I usually love anything chocolate.

What is it about this particular dessert that makes people go ga-ga?:confused: Because I don't get it. It was ok..but nothing to write home about (as my mamaw would say).

Try it more than once. I have had it when it was really good and other times way over cooked. I have got kind of tired of it, I'll have maybe once a cruise.

Pudding pudding like Jell-O boxed pudding or British pudding which is pretty much any dessert though?:D

And somebody upthread said it was actually fondant. I thought fondant was that stuff they put on cakes????:confused:

It's cake that is not fully cooked so it is gooey in the center. I have been in the galley and seen them make it..

It's good. Not the best thing I've ever had. Have it with some vanilla ice cream. Yum.

Carnival Pride 7 day Mexican Riviera: September 2008

Carnival Inspiration 4 day Mexican Riviera: September 2013

Carnival Miracle 15 day Hawaii: coming October 2015

I can't stand it. I think it tastes awful! The flavor is bad and it's like eating got brownie batter. Not at all like melted chocolate. Yuk!

My shirt says "I choose to order what I want & vote for who I want" WELCOME to AMERICA!

The person I quoted, DocF, happened to be on the same Carnival Magic Transatlantic sailing that I was on and there was another guest who wore a t-shirt that said they cruised for the warm chocolate melting cake. Hence, the question.

Edited by Disconnections