Am I the ONLY one who doesn't like warm chocolate melting cake?

Bitter and Blanc and WCMC (with two scoops of vanilla ice cream) are my DH and my favorite desserts! Can't wait until Oct to have them again, it has been far too long!

I do understand however, that not everyone would like WCMC. To each their own. We all have different tastes, thank goodness!! Variety is the spice of life after all!! :D

windsbud was saying that the wcmc is inconsistent.

Sometimes good; sometimes not so good.

I have found the same thing with the bitter and blanc.

Several times it has been really dried out.

I recommended it to people on one cruise and when it came it was awful.

Really.

People looked at me like I was crazy.

I do not recommend anything anymore.

Finally tried it last cruise. Was NOT impressed...and I usually love

anything chocolate.

What is it about this particular dessert that makes people go ga-ga?:confused:

Because I don't get it. It was ok..but nothing to write home about

Hi IPlayWithString :)

I agree with you, the warm chocolate melting cake is certainly something

not to write home about.

It tastes & even looks like something cheap & nasty that a little kid

cooked in a children's 'Easy Bake Oven'..

I never understood the fascination with the warm chocolate melting cake.

:)

I guess I'll just have to give it another shot then. The one time I did try it, it was kind of dry and not really melty at all, although it was warm enough to melt my ice cream, which I mushed up with the cake part.

My favorite dessert item actually comes from the Lido buffet. About once a cruise, they'll have these sugared almonds, walnuts and peanuts during the lunch buffet and they are SO FREAKING good. :D I love to scoop a handful into an ice cream bowl to snack on. And several days out of the week they'll have these..I don't know what they are. Kind of like jello cubes but with a granulated sugar coating which I love also.

Oh and the home made marshmellows.

And the almond Napoleon (I think that's what it was). :D

It's my "back up" dessert. I get it if I don't think anything else looks good. But seriously I think it is very inconsistent. Last time i had it there was no melty middle.

I would much rather have Bitter and Blanc every single night. Oh and Princes has Souflee almost every night. Now that is where it's at!!! OMG that is so good. I enjoy eating stuff I know I can't make at home and when I was on Princess I think I had a souflee every single night and it was Ah-maz-ing. The one thing I liked about Princess more than Carnival!:D

I like it, DH loves it. I prefer the bitter and blanc!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me too! B&B is my favorite. DH will have WCMC every night with 2 ice creams to cut the richness. If the ship has coconut ice cream that makes it even better. The ships with the American table menu have coconut ice cream. I might have it one night to get it out if my system because I always remember it being better than it is when I get it. But I would rather have the bread pudding or the grand marnier soufflé.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I knew I recognized your signature from a t-shirt. Once seeing your signature. I immediately recognized that we sailed together on the Carnival Magic. I hope all has been well since then

Yeah, I remember you from that cruise. We were like aliens as we were not from Texas and did not weigh 300 pounds or more.

We have taken a break from cruising for a variety of reasons; now we are taking a short 5 day on the Freedom. We moved in March and we need the break from fixing and unpacking. Unpacking takes at least 3 years:p.

Doc

I don't care for raw cake batter, and that's what the "melting" part in the center is. So I ask for them to get me one that is cooked in the center--if it doesn't jiggle when you give it a shake, it's baked through. I do like it with the ice cream and chocolate syrup. BUT only if it's baked.

The 5 layer chocolate cake (you can buy at the coffee/sweet shop for $2.25) would be my first choice though.

There are many who enjoy the WCM cake, and I think that's great. We all have our own tastes. :) So i say ENJOY if you like it.

Edited by mizlorinj

Yeah, I remember you from that cruise. We were like aliens as we were not from Texas and did not weigh 300 pounds or more.

We have taken a break from cruising for a variety of reasons; now we are taking a short 5 day on the Freedom. We moved in March and we need the break from fixing and unpacking. Unpacking takes at least 3 years:p.

Doc

Haha, anyone not from Texas stood out on that cruise. I think everyone from Cruise Critic was able to recognize me because my sister and I were practically the youngest ones onboard. Welcome back to cruising and welcome to Florida!

I like it, I don't necessarily love it. I probably would order something else

I love Bitter and blanc.

On bitter and blanc night (providing its still being served on the ship :mad: and not that banana replacement rubbish)

I have very simple menu instructions. "Waiter, bring me a bitter and blanc every 15 minutes until I gain a pants size...then bring one every 10 minutes!"

I usually will try it once per cruise, but always find it too rich.

On one cruise I was on with a group of friends, one couple had their son with them. He was around 16 or so at the time. I think the son started a joke with the husband of one of the couples as to who could eat more WCMC's. First night, each of them finished one. Second night, they managed two. Third night, each of them ate 3. Fourth night, the husband gave up and watched as the 16 year old finished 4 of them!! :D

I usually will try it once per cruise, but always find it too rich.

On one cruise I was on with a group of friends, one couple had their son with them. He was around 16 or so at the time. I think the son started a joke with the husband of one of the couples as to who could eat more WCMC's. First night, each of them finished one. Second night, they managed two. Third night, each of them ate 3. Fourth night, the husband gave up and watched as the 16 year old finished 4 of them!! :D

:eek:

Teenage boys really are bottomless pits aren't they?:D

I'm a chocolate lover, but the WCMC does nothing for me. Tried it a few times as some have said it's hit and miss, as far as the 'doneness' of it.

It's been like soup every time, and the flavor, ... eh.

I wouldn't want to "ban" it. ;) Why deprive those who sail just for the WCMC. :p