Blu dress code

hypercafe

We have not been on Celeberty yet but have heard good things about Blu. Is there a way you can eat there without being in Aqua Class or Suite? I'm guessing the asnswer is no but wanted to check.

It is about $1,000 more for the two of us to do Aqua Class (A2) for a 11 night cruise on the Reflection next May.

Sorry I do not think so. We love the dress code. Have been going on Oceania because it's all resort casual but X on Blu is just as nice for us on the M class ships. Tried Crystal but the dinner deal reminded me of my first trip on a very old HAL. Ship.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Edited by hypercafe

We have not been on Celeberty yet but have heard good things about Blu. Is there a way you can eat there without being in Aqua Class or Suite? I'm guessing the asnswer is no but wanted to check.

It is about $1,000 more for the two of us to do Aqua Class (A2) for a 11 night cruise on the Reflection next May.

You can't eat there unless AQ or a suite and this is one thing that Celebrity strictly enforces. Be proactive and check for price changes, often can get a bargain.

Edited by dkjretired

Sorry definitely not. There are no exceptions.

You can't eat there unless AQ or a suite and this is one thing that Celebrity strictly enforces. Be proactive and check for price changes, often can get a bargain.

Agree with DJKRETIRED keep an eye on your cruise... Prices can & do fluctuate as cabins sell out across the ship.

We are Aqua on an upcoming cruise... And there has been a recent price adjustment / sale which now sees my Aqua Cabin costing less than Concierge Class (often these two categories are close together, or go back & forth on which costs more). We called Celebrity and got the price adjusted to the tune of over $ 200 each.

So we are now paying LESS for more services / perks (including Blu) than Concierge Pax

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I wonder if you can dine in Blu if you are invited as guests of someone in the Agua or Concierge class...if you are really inclined to go - chat up a few that have access and see if you wangle getting invited to dine with them😊

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder if you can dine in Blu if you are invited as guests of someone in the Agua or Concierge class...if you are really inclined to go - chat up a few that have access and see if you wangle getting invited to dine with them😊

Don't waste your time wondering about this - the answer is emphatically, no. They ask for seapasses to ensure you are entitled to dine there.

not available to Concierge class... only AQ and AQ suite on Reflection (for a bit longer ) as the assigned dining location, and suites subject to availability.

it is not a large space!

Don't bother, as I said in a previous post the answer is NO. If you are not in Aqua Class or in a Suite you CANNOT dine in Blu. Concierge Class cannot dine in Blu either. Sorry

Don't bother, as I said in a previous post the answer is NO. If you are not in Aqua Class or in a Suite you CANNOT dine in Blu. Concierge Class cannot dine in Blu either. Sorry

And throwing the maitre'd money will not get you in either, as I said in an earlier post this is the one thing they enforce.

Wouldn't bother with Blu. We dined there once. I was astonished at the poor service, the limited menu (discouraged orders from MDR). Tables too close together. Shoddy haphazard dress code. Stick with CC or skip to suite for added benefits. Blu is over rated IMO. Dined with friends in MDR and had a superior experience.

Wouldn't bother with Blu. We dined there once. I was astonished at the poor service, the limited menu (discouraged orders from MDR). Tables too close together. Shoddy haphazard dress code. Stick with CC or skip to suite for added benefits. Blu is over rated IMO. Dined with friends in MDR and had a superior experience.

Question: if you've only dined there once was that on the first night because if so it's no wonder the dress code was "shoddy"? Apart from that the only thing which I would agree with is that the tables are too close together.

I agree the tables are close together, but that gives you the option to talk to your neighbors or not. We absolutely love blu. We think the food is far superior to the MDR as well as the service. Food preference is very subjective, but we usually do not even go to the Specialty restaurants when we are in a Suite or Aqua Class, Blu is just fine.

I think this person is a bit hard on Blu. I have seen 2 men at dinner in t-shirts and it was not the 1st night. The service has been very good. The food choices not that great. Tables of 2 near the windows to close together. It is like tables of six. There might be 6 inches between the tables of 2. As to getting food from the MDR. We have not tried ordering MDR food in Blu. We have gone to dinner in Select Dining on night we did not like the food in Blu.We have cruised in AQ 2 times so far. Our next cruise we are in CC and then Aug 2015 we are back in AQ.

Were you in a Suite or did you pay for AQ class and then tried Blu only once?

We and it seems quite a few others love the atmosphere and the casual dining.

To the question posed by the OP. Yes but please do remember that Shorts in any form are not allowed. I found out the first night, did not really think about. We had been wandering the ship, first time on the Constellation and thought "how about dinner?". The MD was extremely polite but informed me my dress shorts were not allowed. I thank him, went to the cabin and returned with long pants.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy Blu.

Edited by bobsfamily

We love Aqua and Blu in fact that is all book any more. The tables are not that close together. It is nice to talk to everyone and if you don't want to talk you don't. Have made some nice friends. Love being able to just eat the courses you want then leave. If there is no main course you like there is always salmon which is always good. I agree with Phxazzcruisers with Blu you do not need to go to a specialty restaurant it is like eating at a specialty restaurant every night.