Reserving a Dining Room for a Private Celebration

vegas321

Has anyone booked the entire dining room on Millennium for a private celebration?

Looking at booking it on embarkation night from Seward, AK. Never cruised with Celebrity before and am hoping they are able to do this.

Thanks

Has anyone booked the entire dining room on Millennium for a private celebration?

Looking at booking it on embarkation night from Seward, AK. Never cruised with Celebrity before and am hoping they are able to do this.

Thanks

The ENTIRE dining room ??

That sure is a lot of people... I mean seriously do you guys have a Charter or what ?

The main dining room or Blu, I would think not since a lot of guests are scheduled to eat in these restaurants. It might be possible for a specialty restaurant if the group was large enough to fill the restaurant and the cruise was far enough in the future that no one has pre booked for that night. There is also a wine room in one of the specialty restaurants that would seat between 8 and 12. That is often booked by one group.

Mary Lou

Blu is the equivalent to the Main Dining Room for Aqua Class Pax... So ya that isn't going to happen

Specialty Restaurants are a different story... They can be booked & paid for in advance.

Not sure how many Olympic would sit on Millenium as I haven't been on that ship but if it is anything like Normandie on Summit, or Murano's on Solstice I would wager somewhere around 100 or more

You could always just phone Celebrity to ask these Questions... Cause as I said Specialty Restaurants can be per-booked

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

I called Celebrity and have to wait to talk to the group dept on Monday, as they assign you an associate to answer these types of questions, and they don't work weekend.

I was hoping that someone on CC may have had experience in booking this type of reservation.

No - I mean a specialty restaurant - like the Olympic or Blu.

Need space for 40-50 people.

When we were on Equinox a few years ago we organized a special luncheon in the main dining room for about 50 people from the roll call. You would need to speak with the dining room manager WELL ahead of time to arrange something like this. It was very nicely done and both the food and service was great. OF course this WAS lunch, not dinner. We began communicating with X prior to the cruise to get it set up. There were people on the cruise ahead of us that were doing a b2b and they confirmed everything while on the ship before we boarded. This would be the easiest/least expensive way to do it. I believe the only way you could do it in a spec rest would be if you were prepared to pay the going rate per person in the spec rest......if willing to do that I'm sure they'd work it out for you IF you give them enough time....

I have never done it but I know they have closed Specialty Restaurants

before for private parties.

After I first started cruising with Celebrity I remember seeing "Destination

Weddings" on Food Network. There was a family who sailed Infinity to

Hawaii and USS United States was closed for the family and their guests

for one evening. Of course, Food Network might have had something to

with it.

But for a price (group bookings) may be able to help you.

I have never done it but I know they have closed Specialty Restaurants

before for private parties.

After I first started cruising with Celebrity I remember seeing "Destination

Weddings" on Food Network. There was a family who sailed Infinity to

Hawaii and USS United States was closed for the family and their guests

for one evening. Of course, Food Network might have had something to

with it.

But for a price (group bookings) may be able to help you.

I remember a wedding reception that was held in the MDR but that was before the ship left the home port. Everyone had to leave before we departed except for the bride and groom.

I remember a wedding reception that was held in the MDR but that was before the ship left the home port. Everyone had to leave before we departed except for the bride and groom.

That was still being done a year ago or so... Not sure if they still do that (Weddings aboard in the AM on E-Day with friends & family present, lunchtime reception... And then all the non-cruisers have to get off before general boarding is well underway)

It sounds nice on paper...

But personally I'd never risk it (getting married on a ship / at a port of call) just too many things can go wrong...

Licensing - Officiant - Delayed Boarding (Homeland Security - Noro etc) - or a missed Port of Call

When it comes to Weddings so much hangs in the balance / anticipation... Not to mention costs. Most Wedding Vendors don't do refunds at all. So that can really add up... Plus in the end you might not end up married when you wanted (missed the Wedding Port... Now enjoying Homeymoon Cruise... But still not married)

Eh, no.

Not to mention it is über expensive to get married at sea !!

Much better to get married beforehand and have the Honeymoon on a cruise... With or without family in tow

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Are all these people going on the cruise? If not, I doubt you can book them for a dinner unless the ships departs after 10 pm, and from what I've seen, the ship departs Seward at 8. And with that departure time, I would surmise that visitors would need to be off the ship by 7.

Do you know how many people can be seated in Olympic?

At a peak they can serve 100 covers per evening but that required some tables being used three times although others, like ours, probably only once. So my guess would be up to 50 seats. The problem I see is that normally they are not staffed to served that many covers at the same time. Seating is staggered. They could, presumably at a cost, bring in more staff but the galley is very small and that may be a challenge.

That was still being done a year ago or so... Not sure if they still do that (Weddings aboard in the AM on E-Day with friends & family present, lunchtime reception... And then all the non-cruisers have to get off before general boarding is well underway)

It sounds nice on paper...

But personally I'd never risk it (getting married on a ship / at a port of call) just too many things can go wrong...

Licensing - Officiant - Delayed Boarding (Homeland Security - Noro etc) - or a missed Port of Call

When it comes to Weddings so much hangs in the balance / anticipation... Not to mention costs. Most Wedding Vendors don't do refunds at all. So that can really add up... Plus in the end you might not end up married when you wanted (missed the Wedding Port... Now enjoying Homeymoon Cruise... But still not married) They had no problem I'm sure with licensing as this was in Florida. I do agree with you that I personally would not do it at a port. We had at least two reports in the last year or so of Weddings held in Grand Cayman that were cancelled. The Cayman islands are perhaps the most missed port in the Caribbean.

Eh, no.

Not to mention it is über expensive to get married at sea !!

Much better to get married beforehand and have the Honeymoon on a cruise... With or without family in tow

Cheers!

The wedding was not in the morning, it was around noon and everyone left prior to the drill. They had three or four hours to have a nice reception. Not sure this is still done as this was before 9/11. I talked to the groom during the cruise at a bar and I don't think they had any problems with finances and the wedding had at least 100 guests.

Edited by dkjretired