El Cheapo Cruises Thread

Here is a bargain.....under $50 a day

Explorer of the Seas

24 nights

Sydney to Seattle

Departing 23 April 2016

$1126 per person. Inside cabin guarantee.

On that great Oz website. Go for it!

Saw it. I am seriously considering locking in a cheap airfare or even better still using my Velocity points early on, probably around late May this year, for one way air back from the USA around early/mid June next year then just sit on one of these Trans Pacific repos till the last minute and then book a Nth/Sth Alaska cruise last minute as well.

History has shown that there have ALWAYS been great bargains late on with these cruises in the last 3 years at least.

Did it this year with the Voyager repo to Singapore leaving next week and am willing to roll the dice again.

Saw it. I am seriously considering locking in a cheap airfare or even better still using my Velocity points early on, probably around late May this year, for one way air back from the USA around early/mid June next year then just sit on one of these Trans Pacific repos till the last minute and then book a Nth/Sth Alaska cruise last minute as well.

History has shown that there have ALWAYS been great bargains late on with these cruises in the last 3 years at least.

Did it this year with the Voyager repo to Singapore leaving next week and am willing to roll the dice again.

If you have the time and have everything else in place, (passports, ESTA etc), then it is a great way to save some dosh.

Explorer of the Seas

24 nights

Sydney to Seattle

Departing 23 April 2016

Thanks for the heads up on this. Amazing bargain.

Steve O

That is a good idea. I did something similiar on a NZ cruise, bought an inexpensive flight Bne to NZ, in advance, and ended up cruising home in a suite rather than inside for less cost - luxury bargain!

Royal Caribbean have a great sale with an additional 10% off for existing Crown & Anchor members (gold and above) on selected Radiance of the Seas cruises. This also combines with their current 30% off sale! Found when booking that the price for our child came up as $0, only charged for gratuities (which we prepay) and taxes/port charges. :D

Link to the sale page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com.au/cruise-deals/offers/radiance-loyalty?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=mar_enews&allowMobile=y&ecid=em_21143782&rid=280015873&mes=RCI%20AU%20March%20Newsletter%2020160329&emsc=&empf=&emct=&lnkid=BookNow1_BTN_CONTENT

Thanks for the heads up. Just cancelled our December cruise on Radiance and rebooked with a saving of AUD450. Woo hoo!

Explorer of the Seas

24 nights

Sydney to Seattle

Departing 23 April 2016

and now on that same cruise, same website, Balcony Guarantee for under $60/n

Steve O

Celebrity Equinox 8 June 16, 7 night Istanbul to Rome balcony guarantee is A$855 including 2 of their perks - Classic Drinks, Unlimited Internet, OBC, prepaid tips.

Crazy price if you happen to be over there or planning an eastern European jaunt this year.

Celebrity Equinox 8 June 16, 7 night Istanbul to Rome balcony guarantee is A$855 including 2 of their perks - Classic Drinks, Unlimited Internet, OBC, prepaid tips.

Crazy price if you happen to be over there or planning an eastern European jaunt this year.

Lots of people pulling out of the Turkey/Istanbul cruises. Great price though.

Good last minute school holiday deal.

Pacific Aria 9 nights South Pacific from Sydney

14 April

Balcony twin $968

Balcony triple $905

I assume the child quota was filled long ago but might be a good last minute trip for a teacher out there.

I'd love to try Aria now it sounds like they've ironed out the teething problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Pacific Aria South Pacific cruises ex Sydney

10 nights departing 9 May twin share $449 interior and $479 oceanview - less than $50 per night!

11 nights departing 23 May twin share $599 interior and $699 oceanview.

Explorer of the Seas

10 nights

(22nd Feb to 4th March 2017)

Sydney return to the South Pacific

Inside is available from $1,958 for two people including prepaid gratuities.

This is under my magic figure of $100/person/day.

But I'm looking at a Balcony Guarantee which with my Diamond C&A discount comes down to $2,401 including gratuities which is cheaper than an Oceanview!

Diamond Princess

March 2018

Sydney-Yokohama

I don't know if this can be classed as an El Cheapo fare, but noticed the front page price and final booking price varies significantly at the moment for the above Diamond Princess Sydney-Yokohama cruise. For example, there is about a $1,000 per person difference for ME mini suites.

This is on both the Princess and the favoured oz online site.

Recived this one a couple of days ago. Very tempting. prices in AU$ too.

Cruise from the UK to the East Coast of USA!

We have a fantastic deal for you! Fly to London and stay 1 night in Southampton before hopping aboard Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas from Southampton cruising 13 nights to Miami stopping overnight at New York. Plus at the end of the cruise stay 1 night in Miami before the flight back to Sydney.

Why not add extra nights in Miami from only $99pp, per night twin share! For today only this 18 night Fly, Cruise and Stay deal is from $2599 twin share!

This 18 night Fly, Cruise & Stay package includes:

- Return Economy Class airfare from Sydney(call for other gateways)

- 1 night stay in Southampton

- 13 night cruise aboard Navigator of the Seas from Southampton visiting Boston, New York (overnight onboard), Orlando (Port Canaveral) and Miami

- All meals and entertainment

- 1 night stay in Miami

- All taxes

BONUS OFFER: Stay extra nights in Miami from $99pp, per night, twin share!

Sea Princess 20 days - From the Princess website

Sydney to Dubai 15 May 2015

$1299 per person inside cabin

$1899 per person outside cabin.

Ports: Sydney, Australia | Melbourne, Australia | Adelaide, Australia | Fremantle, Australia | Colombo, Sri Lanka | Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I believe an agent has it for: AWESOME DEAL WITH PRINCESS CRUISE 20 NIGHTS SYDNEY TO DUBAI 20 NIGHTS ( SEA PRINCESS )

TWIN INSIDE CABIN = $2020.00 FOR 2 PEOPLE !!!! - That was the posting.

Yikes. I just saw it on an online Australian TA site for $881 pp including $100OBC

Edited by icat2000

Ship Name: Sun Princess

Cruise Code: S614A

Departure Date: Tuesday, 21 June 2016

Cruise Name: Pacific Circle

Nights: 75

Departing: Sydney

Okay checking out Princess site they have it for $9,999 per person inside or $12999 pp for window

solo inside $19,999

Edited by icat2000
Updated; Better prices @ Princess 75 day Circle Pacific

• 2 weeks later...

I got an email from Princess

CIRCLE SOUTH AMERICA 84 Days Roundtrip from Sydney, Australia

From $12,999 pp inside, $16999 pp oceanview

CIRCLE PACIFIC 75 Nights Roundtrip from Sydney Golden Princess® Departs 2017: 19 May

ROUND THE WORLD CRUISE

104 Nights Roundtrip from Sydney Sea Princess® Departs 2017: 20 May

From $17,999 pp inside, $23,999 pp oceanview

All with $2k obc

Edited by icat2000

I got an email from Princess

CIRCLE SOUTH AMERICA 84 Days Roundtrip from Sydney, Australia

CIRCLE PACIFIC 75 Nights Roundtrip from Sydney Golden Princess® Departs 2017: 19 May

ROUND THE WORLD CRUISE

104 Nights Roundtrip from Sydney Sea Princess® Departs 2017: 20 May

From $17,999 pp inside, $23,999 pp oceanview

All with $2k obc

Couple of those I'd love to have the time to jump on.

South America one is good value. Hopefully someone can take advantage of them. Remember snooze, ya lose. You can always put a cabin on hold with Princess direct for three days before having to cough up the deposit.

South America one is good value. Hopefully someone can take advantage of them. Remember snooze, ya lose. You can always put a cabin on hold with Princess direct for three days before having to cough up the deposit.

It's not the deposit that bothers me it's the time off work.