Reserved Pool Seating

Pickels

Me, too. What's with everyone here thinking the guy's a snob just because he asks a simple question? Different cruise lines have different amenities for suite guests: he's just asking.

I've seen worse. We've experienced the reserved seating on Royal too. It varies from ship to ship whether it's prime location or not. Some have nice locations but others you'd have to pay me to sit in. I'm not sure what they were thinking on the latter.

With all the nickle and diming all cruise lines have resorted to, I'm surprised the policy of long ago hasn't been resurrected. You rented a deck chair. That chair was YOUR chair for the entire duration of the cruise. I think the last time I rented deck chair was in the early 80's on Home Lines.

No one is shutting you out of Michael's Club but you. If you want access, book a suite that has access.

Just like you're not shut out of Blu unless you choose to book a cabin that can't dine in Blu.

It's all about choices.

I respectfully disagree in that I feel this is taking a point too far. Everyone does not have the financial ability to make these choices. In the past, when I made the choice to sail with Celebrity, Michael's was open to everyone and now it is not. So in that respect, yes this change is definitely shutting out the majority of the ship. Those who still love to sail Celebrity but cannot afford higher end suites are shut out of this venue. To say it is about choices is literally/technically correct, but that is really not the point. From a practical perspective what used to be included in everyone's cruise is now not. I think most people are fine with suite guests getting more perks as they pay much higher prices. People are less fine when those perks take away space that used to be available to all.

I respectfully disagree in that I feel this is taking a point too far. Everyone does not have the financial ability to make these choices. In the past, when I made the choice to sail with Celebrity, Michael's was open to everyone and now it is not. So in that respect, yes this change is definitely shutting out the majority of the ship. Those who still love to sail Celebrity but cannot afford higher end suites are shut out of this venue. To say it is about choices is literally/technically correct, but that is really not the point. From a practical perspective what used to be included in everyone's cruise is now not. I think most people are fine with suite guests getting more perks as they pay much higher prices. People are less fine when those perks take away space that used to be available to all.

Very well said!

If you wanted a simple "yes" or "no" answer, a simple call to Celebrity would have been your best bet. Throwing a question out here is only for the brave hearted with thick skin! Everyone has an opinion - or two or three, not always consistent - and the only thing that surprises me is that there was no one adamantly claiming that there is reserved seating.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Surely "throwing a question out here" should not require a brave heart or a thick skin or what on earth is Cruise Critic for? There are enough posts on these boards about wait times phoning Celebrity for no one to wonder why ringing Celebrity with a simple, but perfectly valid question, asks it here.

I agree with Phoenix Dream ....if you are fortunate enough to be able to pay for a suite, you should have some nice perks. However the use of the ships public ares should be for all guests regardless of cabin category, this has always been one of the lovely aspects of cruising, it didn't matter what you paid, the ship was yours to enjoy.

We are booked on Infinity Panama Canal September 2015, OV cabin. I'm watching this type of thread, if Celebrity does adopt a policy of making certain areas of the ship off limits to guests other than suites, we will take our $5,000 somewhere else.

Surely "throwing a question out here" should not require a brave heart or a thick skin or what on earth is Cruise Critic for? There are enough posts on these boards about wait times phoning Celebrity for no one to wonder why ringing Celebrity with a simple, but perfectly valid question, asks it here.

While I completely agree that, in theory, posing a legitimate question shouldn't require a brave heart or a thick skin, this and many other similar threads clearly suggest otherwise.

Besides, any post asking a question that touches upon issues of "status" will always lead to a certain number of negative comments. That's just the nature of boards like this and their many followers.

If you wanted a simple "yes" or "no" answer, a simple call to Celebrity would have been your best bet. Throwing a question out here is only for the brave hearted with thick skin! Everyone has an opinion - or two or three, not always consistent - and the only thing that surprises me is that there was no one adamantly claiming that there is reserved seating.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

A few years back, I asked the same question on another cruise line, and I got 5 or six responses, simply answered with, "yes", "no" or "don't know". I didn't think I was going to hit a nerve. WOW!

Happy cruisin' all"

A few years back, I asked the same question on another cruise line, and I got 5 or six responses, simply answered with, "yes", "no" or "don't know". I didn't think I was going to hit a nerve. WOW!

Happy cruisin' all"

Welcome to celebrity cruise critic! : )

Welcome to celebrity cruise critic! : )

Gosh I'm glad we cruise, just for the ports. :D It's difficult to explain to a non cruiser the meaning of elite and non elite. Hope we keep enough public spaces . I still love to cruise!!!! Most efficient way to travel when overseas. Enjoy !!!

It's called irony, and yes it was deliberate.

I was wondering if that would have to be explained to someone. It's such an old joke.

No wonder you aren't allowed to pack them when cruising though, too many misunderstand.

LOL, My understanding is that as 'elite' we are entitled to free irony.

Loved it when we sailed on RCI, didn't have to be concerned with the rude, inconsiderate folks. Pay more, get more, thank you!

We have been in inside, promenade, oceanview, balcony and suites. What we love most about RCL is no matter what cabin we book, we are always made to feel important. We're hoping it will be the same on Celebrity.

We have been in inside, promenade, oceanview, balcony and suites. What we love most about RCL is no matter what cabin we book, we are always made to feel important. We're hoping it will be the same on Celebrity.

It will be!

Edited by Project_gal

i think they should have reserved seating poolside for left handed, polish dentists, with green eyes.

I would also hope they could provide a supermodel to peel my grapes.

you mean that they don't? I'm jumping ship to another line!!!

I apologize if I seemed rude -it wasn't intended to be so. I was remembering the one time we had a suite and how much we enjoyed our very own, always available loungers. When I went swimming, I was always grateful to get back home to them.

Agree!, love having not to ask someone to monitor our lounges while we went to lunch, or like you, go take a swim. Thank you, happy cruisin':)

If you have a suite you could probably ask the butler to sit in one to hold it for you, may not work but you could always ask, or take along a servant to sit in a chair at all of the venues to "reserve" it for you.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Now we've invented a new category: the ghost chair hog! You don't even leave your cabin and you can be a chair hog with zero effort???

Tell you what, those who want the lounges nearest to the pool can have them. My wife and I prefer to be in shade closer to the window. ;) And because of that, we have never had a problem in getting 2 together on any ship.

True.

IMO if the Michaels's club would have been a land based bar it would have gone out of business long time ago. With the exception of when Perry Grant played in Michael's club and when Celebrity allowed the use of drink vouchers on our TA there was almost never anyone in the Club. I know because we loved it and we seldom saw anyone in it. Of course my DW and I will miss it as it was our favorite. I hated the fact that it was taken over by the Perry Grant performance on the Eclipse last January. They left the chairs up the whole cruise even when he was not performing.

I prefer to look at it as a venue that closed because of a lack of interest. The fact that Celebrity decided to creat a VIP lounge and us the space formerly holding my favorite bar venue is understandable in my opinion.

Also the fact that Celebrity is modifying the Wine Cellar is a good move because I never cared for the previous design of the Wine Cellar. I like the premium International beers.

I wonder how many people that complain about the Michael's club being removed for most people ever really used it.

I wonder how many people that complain about the Michael's club being removed for most people ever really used it.

I think people think, even though they might have never set foot in Michael's Club or very little, that "space" is being taking away from them or there is now a "space" that they are not invited to use, which has ruffled some feathers. I'm sure if it were made into a dedicated Elite and Elite+ dedicated lounge, as has been suggested on here, we would not hear a peep.

My guess would be 3 or 4. The only time I ever saw it being used was for Perry or back in the day when the Elite cocktail hour and breakfast were held there. Funny, nobody ever complained about that!