Crown & Anchor Happy Hour Question

So we are cruising next week and this is the first time since they started offering the drink tickets. Is the CL and DL still available - or only the drink tickerts.

Deb

Yes, CL and DL are both available. The drink coupons just gives people other options such as being able to meet up with friends for drinks who don't have DL or CL access and are buying them.

On the Vision earlier this month we had drinks of the day, manhattan, mojito, chocolate martini, and champagne at R Bar with the vouchers. Don't forget to tip with the vouchers.

On Vision they also give you any drink you want in both the CL and DL, including frozen drinks.

Copied this from somewhere...but honestly can not remember where:

Which drinks are available with the coupons

Spirits

• Bacardi Rum

• Bailey's Irish Cream

• Tanqueray Gin

• Finlandia Vodka

• Dewar's White Label Scotch Whiskey

• Jameson Irish Whiskey

• Jack Daniels Tennessee Whiskey

• Jose Cuervo Gold Tequilla

• Courvoisier VS Cognac

• Sandeman Port Wine

Wines by the glass

• St. Martin Chardonnay

• Zonin Pinot Grigio

• Beringer White Zinfandel

• St. Martin Cabernet Sauvignon

• St. Martin Merlot

Beers

• Budweiser

• Miller Light

• Amstel Light

• Corona

• Heineken

Drink options may also increase when the DL or CL (or the overflow lounge) has a dedicated bar inside with an actual bartender. They seemed more willing to make drinks not on the official DL/CL menu.

On Vision they also give you any drink you want in both the CL and DL, including frozen drinks.

So maybe there's hope for my Captain and Coke. Have yet to get one in either CL or DL on any ship. :(

Our experience from a week ago on the Grandeur was that the DL would pretty much make anything members asked for but at the bars there were small signs that specified exactly what the Diamond drinks could include. One thing - even with free drinks at the bars we of course tipped and with certain bartenders over the week that loosened the rules a bit. They told us that a number of people just take the free drinks and don't tip. In the DL it is a bit different as most members provide a tip in an envelope at the end of the week.

I'm curious if you order something not on the menu, in a bar not in a dedicated lounge(CL or DL), do you get 25% off during cocktail hours?

That's how it was on Enchantment this past March.

On a totally different subject, when I was on Indy in March, there were no limes on the ship because of the lime shortage. This week on Vision, every drink I ordered had 2 or 3 limes in it. It was like they were trying to make up for it.

Aft Cabins Rule

A question for those that have cruised with the voucher system in place....if you go to the DL & have a drink, is that considered using one of your vouchers? Also, when using a voucher at a bar do they give you a receipt to sign so you can add a tip? (My apologies if these questions have already been asked & answered)

thanks!

Yes, Gina, we would stop off in the DL every night for a "dinner cap" drink to take to dinner with us. Usually champagne, but sometimes the mojitos would be calling to us.

I think I've read this about other ships, too, but since the vouchers were introduced the Vision is very relaxed about taking drinks from the DL and CL.

I really like the voucher-and-DL/CL program!

A question for those that have cruised with the voucher system in place....if you go to the DL & have a drink, is that considered using one of your vouchers? Also, when using a voucher at a bar do they give you a receipt to sign so you can add a tip? (My apologies if these questions have already been asked & answered)

thanks!

What I did was just take 3-one dollar bills with me every night. I would hand the bar waiter my card with the $1 and ask for my drink using my D+ voucher. I could get whatever I wanted; there was no menu posted anywhere.

On the last night of the cruise our favorite bar waiter thanked me for remembering her tips. She said she had unpleasant experiences with other D+ members previously. You'd think the frequent cruisers would have it figured out!!

To answer another question above: the vouchers are IN ADDITION to whatever is consumed in the DL/CL.

That's how it was on Enchantment this past March.

The Vision may have been an exception, but I was ordering from the regular bar menu. My chocolate martinis were on the "wink-wink menu" after tipping regularly for 7 straight days (I was on a 9 night b2b). ;)

thanks!

The 3 vouchers per person are in addition to using the lounge.