Checking Your Reservation Online Can Cost You Money ???

disfan

This is weird.

I booked and paid for a cruise this past weekend and received a booking confirmation, for a cruise next week.

Today when I checked my reservation online , I owed an additional $400 plus.

I called the D+ desk and after an extended wait, the issue was resolved.

I was told that I caused the problem by checking my reservation online, as there was a price increase, which was applied when I opened the reservation.

The suggestion was that I don't open any reservations but call Royal instead, with any questions.

I guess that I can't check for the upgrade fairy, change room set up, dining reservations etc?

Comments?

This is weird.

I booked and paid for a cruise this past weekend and received a booking confirmation, for a cruise next week.

I was told that I caused the problem by checking my reservation online, as there was a price increase, which was applied when I opened the reservation.

The suggestion was that I don't open any reservations but call Royal instead, with any questions.

I guess that I can't check for the upgrade fairy, change room set up, dining reservations etc?

Comments?

That's absolutely ridiculous.

Royal need to get their IT act together.

I'd be really annoyed if their IT incompetence took the ease of checking and servicing my booking online away.

Edited by delirious9876

This is weird.

Comments?

It's been going on for a few months now. They cannot seem to get it under control, or maybe they don't want to. Haven't figured out which yet.

Inexcusable. Their IT department just gets worse and worse. Or maybe it's intentional.

We booked a couple cruises 2-3 months ago, I'm almost afraid to even log into our C&A account............:mad:

Hilton and Marriott (for example in our case) have THOUSANDS of properties and hundreds of thousands of rooms. Their websites work perfectly with no such ridiculous problems. There is no excuse for the endless problems RCCL has with their website. I've given up hope they'll ever get better. I assume they read these boards. They obviously DO NOT CARE.

Edited by bouhunter

You can trust and believe if it were the other way around they would fix it!

ie: Log into My Cruises and instead of owing 762.42, it says you owe 362.42.

Their IT dept is a joke and their solution is telling everyone NOT to use one of the most used features of the website? REALLY????!!!!!!!!

We have 2 cabins booked for a Freedom cruise next summer. I noticed the other day ONE of my reservations was approx. $400 higher but did not know why. the other was fine.

I wasn't told a reason why, but had I not had my original booking confirmation email and .pdf file I think I would have had a hard time getting it fixed. The kept telling me it was right and I kept telling them I have it ON PAPER... it ISNT. Finally, after an extended discussion and trying to fix it, I got an apology for the inconvenience.

My parents have a booking on the same sailing and theirs was fine. All have been accessed online so the glitch wasn't across the board, jut that one (of 3) reservation for us.

This is the FIRST time I have used RCCL directly and not a travel agent. Kinda wish I had gone the other way. A lot of hassle for no perks LOL!

I had the same issue but in Cruising Power. I can't believe they have not resolved this. Telling their guests NOT to use their My Cruises account. Just ridiculous.

I had the same problem in CruisingPower. I thought that it was only me that found this in CruisingPower itself. When I opened a reservation, it deleted the C&A Balcony discount and the pricing changed for a booked and paid reservation. The problem seems to reside in the booking/reservation system which, I am assuming because I am not a techie, is how cruisers can see their reservations in the MyCruises section of the website.

Please be aware! I had a wicked time with 1 reservation that I held it for 2 and yet It seemed like it wasn't asking for it to be filled! I have been trying for 2 days to get this done and I have watched it both times when I took the 2nd person off the Reservation add $400 dollars! I called RCI and got it back to the correct dollar amount, and he put the deposit on it! I had no issues with my reservation for same date,ship and 1 person for $100.00 less!

Sam mention any adjustment to a reservation it may change the dollar amount! Sounds to me someone is trying to be really sneaky to get more money!

Bob, I think you have hit the nail on the head on the later! Who watches there reservation like a hawk! I guess all of us now!

inexcusable. Their it department just gets worse and worse. Or maybe it's intentional.

We booked a couple cruises 2-3 months ago, i'm almost afraid to even log into our c&a account............:mad:

Hilton and marriott (for example in our case) have thousands of properties and hundreds of thousands of rooms. Their websites work perfectly with no such ridiculous problems. There is no excuse for the endless problems rccl has with their website. I've given up hope they'll ever get better. I assume they read these boards. They obviously do not care.

you can trust and believe if it were the other way around they would fix it!

Ie: Log into my cruises and instead of owing 762.42, it says you owe 362.42.

Their it dept is a joke and their solution is telling everyone not to use one of the most used features of the website? Really????!!!!!!!!

I'm assuming this is only if you book directly through RCCL, correct? I booked through a TA and can view my reservation through RCCL's website on My Cruises account, but it doesn't show price or anything since it was booked through a TA.

I believe this is correct. So far, none of my bookings have changed, and they are all with a travel agent.

Booked two cruises on Liberty recently. On my My Cruises listings, no financial info is available (the button that says Payment is just missing). I called and they said it was because the two cruises are B2B, and its a glitch in the website that their IT dept does not know how to fix!!!

I am wondering if those that have had their reservations repriced to a higher amount booked those on line or by calling RCI.

I currently have 8 reservations that were all made by calling RCI to book them. I log in through my cruises and periodically (every week or so) go into the reservation to see if anything has opened up for booking.

I have never had an issue with reservation being repriced.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I am wondering if those that have had their reservations repriced to a higher amount booked those on line or by calling RCI.

I currently have 8 reservations that were all made by calling RCI to book them. I log in through my cruises and periodically (every week or so) go into the reservation to see if anything has opened up for booking.

I have never had an issue with reservation being repriced.

Could be. You cannot normally do things like change staterooms, cancel the cruise, when you book via phone, right?

Correct. I can make payments (never tried, I just call them in) and that's about it.

Similar to our bookings owned by a travel agent, except I cannot make payments. With all that is going on with the website, I'm sort of glad I'm locked out of doing too much.

Similar to our bookings owned by a travel agent, except I cannot make payments. With all that is going on with the website, I'm sort of glad I'm locked out of doing too much.

Their system does not make me want to try anything new. I'll just stick with what I've been doing and keep my fingers crossed that they don't mess that up.:D

I was told to login, go to before you board and book everything from there. Do NOT use mycruises section. So far, that has worked for me. So incredibly stupid though.

I was told the same when it happened to me. The customer service person did not sound surprised at all so it may be a common event.