Report to Naughty Room

klfrodo

Received the message at around 5PM

Dinner scheduled for 5:30PM

Get down there and there is a long line. From 6 packs of beer to quart bottles of rum.

At 5:20, it's my turn. I'm even curious. I know we didn't pack anything prohibited.

What was it? A bottle of Febreeze.

What pissed me off? They acted like I was speaking a foreign language when I refused to take my bag and insisted they deliver it to my stateroom. I had 5 minutes to meet my wife for dinner

Had a similar experience with a bottle of water.

If you pack that large size "anything" it is often a trigger to hold the luggage. BTW we take fabreeze but have 2 of the travel size bottles

I was happy to have the bag and did not mind taking it on the elevator and to the cabin.

Enjoy

M

I never understand. On some cruises we waltz back from ports with booze and they don't seem to care...next cruise "same line" it becomes the biggest deal.

I wonder if they take heat when beverage sales slump and Rachet up monitoring.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

If you pack that large size "anything" it is often a trigger to hold the luggage. BTW we take fabreeze but have 2 of the travel size bottles

M

Exactly! That's why I get a kick out people on the Internet trying to disguise a family size bottle of Listerine to smuggle. :rolleyes:

Exactly! That's why I get a kick out people on the Internet trying to disguise a family size bottle of Listerine to smuggle. :rolleyes:

Isn't all Fabreeze in spray bottles? I would spray a little and that should tell if alcohol is involved, but new bottles should appear factory fresh unopened. I also agree with saying, ok its good to deliver to the room, given you were on your way to the first night dinner. Of course they could be snotty and make sure you don't get it to midnight. I'm still glad I haven't been called down.

I had to visit the naughty room ONCE (they didn't like my scissors, although my cabinmate had LARGER scissors in HER suitcase, and IT was delivered just fine! :eek:).

I had NO luck persuading them to send my suitcase to my cabin. I was on my own with THAT little job.

And Matt, I think that the "luggage tracking thingy" will have us all retrieving and schlepping our own bags! :eek:

;):p

My wife and our first cruise she put a bottle shampoo and they made us go down. now she always pack the small travel sized ones, like me :rolleyes:

I've always taken my own shampoo & cream rinse. Quite large bottles, too. I've never been questioned or stopped. I don't understand why it would be a problem. But, then again, there are a lot of things the cruise lines do that don't make any sense to little ol' me.

This is the OP

Normally we don't take that big of bottle of Febreeze. This time we spent a couple of days at WDW with the grandson. He got sick in the rental car and the wife performed magic only a mother/grandmother can do

So this is our first time cruising on Royal Caribbean - we have sailed on Disney, Princess and Carnival in the past. I also bring larger bottles of shampoo/conditioner in the past and never had a problem. Should I invest in smaller bottles for this cruise if they are pickier? Don't want to get called to the naughty room :confused: Or is it just random picking of bags?

So this is our first time cruising on Royal Caribbean - we have sailed on Disney, Princess and Carnival in the past. I also bring larger bottles of shampoo/conditioner in the past and never had a problem. Should I invest in smaller bottles for this cruise if they are pickier? Don't want to get called to the naughty room :confused: Or is it just random picking of bags?

I believe they x-ray every bag coming on the ship. Not a big deal to be called down to security.

I believe they x-ray every bag coming on the ship. Not a big deal to be called down to security.

I think it is a big deal to have my vacation time interupted to go stand in a line for something that ends up being nothing. The least they could do is apologize for the inconvenience and interuption for nothing.

Naughty room, heck that is mild.

First cruise

Mariner of the Seas

I used to travel with a travel set of electric curlers.

When you xray them they look like a bomb, and the cord looks like a fuse.

Going thru security at Port Canavaral. (circa before Freedom there), I was kindly asked to

open it.

Had no clue what they did not like, and thought my DD then 13 at the time put something in there.

Ok

Suitcase opened.

Rollers

Avoided the bomb squad being called.

Since learned how to use a curling iron.

Sea Ya

Edited by Lionesss

I got called down on the Enchantment and there was NOTHING even close to disallowed in my bag. They said they thought I had a knife. The eventually decided one of my cloth headbands must have been folded in such a way that it looked like a knife. I don't buy it, but at least I happened to go down when the line wasn't terribly long.

Security definitely had a "oh well" attitude about it. They don't see it as an inconvenience. They weren't the least bit surprised not to find a knife. I got the sense it happens a lot.