Set your recorders for classic I LOVE LUCY cruise series!

wandb

Just noticed that the wonderful cruise series on I LOVE LUCY is being shown on The Hallmark Channel next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings. If you want a good laugh (lots of good laughs!) :) be sure to check your TV Guide or schedule for times in your area (comes on from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. in Eastern Time Zone) so that you can set your recording devices.

These episodes are from 1956 (!) but they are as hilarious and uplifting today as they were then. These are, in my opinion, some of the all time best episodes, especially the first 3 or 4 of them. (Right up there with the candy factory, the ballerina, and squashing grapes!!)

For those of you too young to remember I LOVE LUCY, this is a great series to introduce you to the Queen of Comedy.

Enjoy!!

Just noticed that the wonderful cruise series on I LOVE LUCY is being shown on The Hallmark Channel next Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings. If you want a good laugh (lots of good laughs!) :) be sure to check your TV Guide or schedule for times in your area (comes on from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. in Eastern Time Zone) so that you can set your recording devices.

These episodes are from 1956 (!) but they are as hilarious and uplifting today as they were then. These are, in my opinion, some of the all time best episodes, especially the first 3 or 4 of them. (Right up there with the candy factory, the ballerina, and squashing grapes!!)

For those of you too young to remember I LOVE LUCY, this is a great series to introduce you to the Queen of Comedy.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for this information; I watch I Love Lucy every morning as I get ready for work. It's funny I am sailing on the Eurodam in a few weeks on a 50s/60s themed charter cruise and we are having a costume party where we need to dress as a tv character from the 50s/60s and my costume is I Love Lucy :) Have a great day all. Maryjo

I can never get tired of Lucy

One of the Retro channels just started airing the "Here's Lucy" series from the late 60s and 70s (The ones that Co starred her kids )

Not the same as I Love Lucy , but still fun to watch.

I don't remember seeing Lucy on a cruise. Thanks for the heads-up.

It was a TA from NYC on the S.S. Constitution, the same ship Grace Kelly sailed to Europe on before her wedding to Prince Ranier. Lucy flew home on a Pan Am Clipper (another funny episode).

Edited by Ryndam2002

I don't want to give away any of the fun moments till after Wed. morning when you've all had a chance to see them, but yes, all the above incidents are a part of the series.

I love watching these episodes anytime, and have seen them several times, but it is so neat to have something NEW to look for. I'll surely be keeping my eye out for THE HAT!! :)

In attempt to find a picture of THE HAT I found episodes of Lucy cruising to Havana and meeting Ricky, and the European Cruise (which I think the HAT was a part of). I don't remember the Havana trip. Not sure if I don't remember it or if it wasn't shown much ( at the time I was watching ILL there was a matter regarding some missiles parked there that was still current- and I was pretty young). The repeats in our area seemed to be the later years of the show- the same years.

Edited by TiogaCruiser

In attempt to find a picture of THE HAT I found episodes of Lucy cruising to Havana and meeting Ricky, and the European Cruise (which I think the HAT was a part of). I don't remember the Havana trip. Not sure if I don't remember it or if it wasn't shown much ( at the time I was watching ILL there was a matter regarding some missiles parked there that was still current- and I was pretty young). The repeats in our area seemed to be the later years of the show- the same years.

The Havana trip was not part of the original ILL series (1951-57). It was shown as an episode of the Desilu Playhouse (1958-60), an hour-long weekly program. The Lucy-Desi episodes were more or less a continuation of the ILL series, alternating other weeks with non-Lucy comedies and dramas also produced by Desilu. There was also at least one comedy episode with Lucy playing a character other than Lucy Ricardo.

ILL and Desilu Playhouse were rerun in separate syndication deals, as I understand it, so some markets may have seen one but not the other.

Yes, I am a bit of an ILL geek ;).

Edited by Ryndam2002