Quality sleep on your cruise...

mjgep0316

We still use the white noise machine when luggage space is not a problem. Have tried the noise on my Ipad, in my Music app, but it "breaks" in continuous mode and wakes us a lot of the time.

masonpips - Does the Iphone app have a continuous "break free" loop? Is it loud enough?

Besides a few cocktails and any other vices, what tricks do you use to help get quality sleep on a caribbean cruise?

If this is a serious question...

I try to book cabins mid-ship, and two decks below the pool deck

(to lessen noise from the deck chairs above) and also not right beside noisy elevators.

As another poster mentionned, I find the gentle rocking of the ship ensures a great sleep.

Oh, and don't forget to put the "Do not Disturb" on your door before retiring.

We still use the white noise machine when luggage space is not a problem. Have tried the noise on my Ipad, in my Music app, but it "breaks" in continuous mode and wakes us a lot of the time.

masonpips - Does the Iphone app have a continuous "break free" loop? Is it loud enough?

I know exactly what you mean! The loop and you WAIT for the next part to start! Argh!

I use Relax Melodies - Oscillating Fan! It has no loop and is pretty darn loud if you want it to be!

I'm a person who has to take sleeping pills every single night, except on a cruise. I get the best sleep ever while cruising. I don't know if it is the fresh air, the slow rocking of the ship, the cocktails or if the beds are just really comfy but I love it!

Edited by readytolose

The gentle rocking of the ship always puts me right to sleep.

Agree, it is the same reason babies fall asleep when they are in a moving car....wonderful.

It is exactly what I missed when we were on Allure....we did not feel the oceans movement.....but we still had a great time on the cruise.

Besides a few cocktails and any other vices, what tricks do you use to help get quality sleep on a caribbean cruise?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I have used melatonin pills to help me fall asleep, they can typically be found near the pharmacy in most grocery stores. I am a fairly heavy sleeper, so once I am out it takes quite a bit to wake me up before my alarm goes off.

Don't need any tricks. I do take sea sick meds (Bonine generic) and it probably does help a little (as do the cocktails) but the reality is, when I drink at home, I wake up several times a night, but on a cruise, maybe once per night. I can even sleep when it's more than gentle rocking.

Sometimes we crack the balcony open a tensey wensey bit. We can hear the ocean. Then, when one of our family members waked up about 2hrs layer to use the bathroom, she closes it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We just got back yesterday off the allure and we our 2 kids. I used the app for my iphone relax melodies. It's free. Has a ton of noises and never stopped. Was continuous all night long. It was really loud. I just kept it plugged in all night. Worked like a charm

Sent from my iPhone using Forums