FOS Diamond Lounge Coffee Machine Broke

oursbrun

Hope it's fixed by December 21st:D:p

dont_hold_your_breath_bumper_stickers-r86d8a8c659f24da6b0ec33d7cb51845e_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg

Just off of Freedom today. Diamond lounge coffee machine was turned off completely all week, but the machine in the concierge lounge was partially working. It seemed to get worse every day and by the end of the week, none of the decaf buttons worked. No one seemed to know if or when the machines will be fixed or replaced. If you are looking forward to a daily capuchino on Freedom .... good luck.

I was on the week before you. I was sitting in the CL reading my book. No one else was there. Periodically, the machine would start HISSING uncontrollably. Then stop. The HISS again for a while.

It was clearly unwell. ;)

Edited by Merion_Mom

Just off of Freedom today. Diamond lounge coffee machine was turned off completely all week, but the machine in the concierge lounge was partially working. It seemed to get worse every day and by the end of the week, none of the decaf buttons worked. No one seemed to know if or when the machines will be fixed or replaced. If you are looking forward to a daily capuchino on Freedom .... good luck.

That would stink for me. I prefer the decaf cappuccino to the drink vouchers. Sailing in a few weeks, and will hope the machine is fixed. But as others have said, I really won't count on it.:(

Would be great if they offered some type of alternative for a promised perk.

M

Hi Everyone!

Just completed the eastern sailing today and both machines were not working. (sorry for the bad news) You can get a coupon for a small coffee/cappuccino/latte from the concierge each day to use at starbucks.

Bad news about the machines but happy to hear about the coupons. My mother doesn't drink coffee so I guess I can have two each day ;)

They probably have no plans to fix them before dry dock.

There were issues with the coffee machine on our Freedom cruise in April. Per the concierge then it was out of coffee or something.

While it would probably satisfy my needs I agree that 1 coupon per day isn't the greatest accommodation and I expect some will be upset about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I found this thread interesting because the Diamond Lounge machine on Legend was also broken when we sailed with her earlier this year. Our concierge advised that these machines are quite expensive (25K) and broke frequently. I am not an aficionado so I didn't inquire about replacement at the coffee shop but I do not think that any make up was offered.

It's fascinating to see how devoted some of you are!

dont_hold_your_breath_bumper_stickers-r86d8a8c659f24da6b0ec33d7cb51845e_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg

I was on the week before you. I was sitting in the CL reading my book. No one else was there. Periodically, the machine would start HISSING uncontrollably. Then stop. The HISS again for a while.

It was clearly unwell. ;)

They all hiss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bad news about the machines but happy to hear about the coupons. My mother doesn't drink coffee so I guess I can have two each day ;)

They probably have no plans to fix them before dry dock.

Hmmm :(:(

- I don't need three alcoholic drinks, but I do usually drink more than one specialty coffee a day a day. I am disappointed to hear that I will not get the coffees. Further on some ships ( even those with a Diamond Lounge) there is a D/D+/ P seating area of the dining room at breakfast, where one can order complementary specialty coffee. Don't think the Freedom has this area.

Thanks for the info -

M

:(

"HISSING uncontrollably, then stop, the HISS again for a while"...

When I read this I thought you were talking about the disgruntled diamond members :D

Seriously I hope they get the machines working again and soon as, the coffee machines on Independence last week were working fine but kept switching to decaf mode, but once you pressed grinder and ok button it worked again.

"HISSING uncontrollably, then stop, the HISS again for a while"...

When I read this I thought you were talking about the disgruntled diamond members :D

If it was a real Diamond than there would not be stop in between the uncontrolled hissing.........;):D

Edited by grand isle joe
add.

I found this thread interesting because the Diamond Lounge machine on Legend was also broken when we sailed with her earlier this year. Our concierge advised that these machines are quite expensive (25K) and broke frequently. I am not an aficionado so I didn't inquire about replacement at the coffee shop but I do not think that any make up was offered.

It's fascinating to see how devoted some of you are!

Not that we're coffee drinkers either but the CL coffee machine was out on Voyager... and then out the following year on Mariner.

Maybe it's one of those Italian Exotic Car things: sure they break, but when they do work...

I asked last week about machine on Freedom and they are not getting it fixed.

That's not surprising. There are rumors that there will be extensive changes made to deck 14 of the Freedom during dry dock in January. Supposedly the concierge lounge will be in the space now occupied by the Diamond lounge, with the Diamond lounge being relocated to deck 4 or 5 aft, in the private dining area. Like Oasis we will probably not know the final modifications until the first cruise after dry dock.