Do you remember yours?

1of4

I never remember my Mariner number. I tell myself it is because I have 4 to remember but I have them written down in the back of my daily planner.

But who am I kidding...I wouldn't remember that long number anyway. There are too many other codes to remember that I use daily, my mariner number is for fun, not work, so no need to remember it. But it would be nice to not have to run for my planner when looking at cruise fares...not on HAL as their website no longer works for giving me fares. But that is a whole other story! :mad: :rolleyes:

I never remember my Mariner number. I tell myself it is because I have 4 to remember but I have them written down in the back of my daily planner.

But who am I kidding...I wouldn't remember that long number anyway. There are too many other codes to remember that I use daily, my mariner number is for fun, not work, so no need to remember it. But it would be nice to not have to run for my planner when looking at cruise fares...not on HAL as their website no longer works for giving me fares. But that is a whole other story! :mad: :rolleyes:

Nope, I usually look around for our latest Mariner magazine to find mine!

I have it marked down in an easily accessible spot but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

What struck me as a little strange is DH and I sailed all our cruises together; we both were assigned Mariner's numbers same day yet our numbers are 18 digits apart.

What struck me as a little strange is DH and I sailed all our cruises together; we both were assigned Mariner's numbers same day yet our numbers are 18 digits apart.

Funny you should say this Sail,

The 4 of us took our first cruise together on HAL and DH and my numbers are 1026401 apart while DD and DS (diferent set of numbers) are 634 apart.

I assume DD and DS were pulled from a different set as ours start with the number 5 and theirs start with the number 4.

Nope!! Don't remember mine of the top of my head. Maybe that's because I'm only a 2 Star Mariner, maybe when (if!) I get to 5 Stars, I'll remember it. But then again, I don't even remember my Carnival number and I'm Platinum with them. :o I have to go find one of my ship cards when it's time to book a cruise. I really like the idea of putting them all into your smartphone, I think I'm going to go do that!! :D

I know mine and my husband's. Had these numbers for quite a while, so I guess they sort of sunk into my long term memory.

As Sail notes the numbers are not consecutive: ours are 7 numbers apart.

I can also remember the 10 digit library card numbers for both of us, but then I use them weekly.

I have it marked down in an easily accessible spot but I don't remember it off the top of my head.

I have a manila folder I use as a mouse pad and keep a list in there with our numbers for the different lines we sail.

DH and I signed up like you and are 20 or so numbers apart.:)

I have mine in saved in my phone.

As far as the non consecutive numbers, this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048611

from a couple of months ago explains it. In short,

the last digit is a "check" digit, discard it and your

and your spouses number may be consecutive, or at least

close

Edited by richwmn

Found my Mariner number on the HAL site "My Details". I seem to remember a long thread about numbers some time ago. Very technological, way beyond me. :eek: POA1 was involved, I'm sure..... I think the end result was that the final digit of the number is a "check" number, and becomes some sort of proof of the number's legitimacy. Anybody else remember that?

Anyway, if you remove the final digit from your number, then are your numbers consecutive? I'm not sure how it worked, but something like that..:)

I can't remember mine, and I don't even try. I am "number dyslexic" if there is such a term. I tend to jumble numbers and I don't trust myself to remember then.

I just checked, and DH and I have numbers that are just 8 numbers apart. We go way back on HAL to the late 70s, back when couples had the same Mariner number. I don't remember when we got separate numbers.

Found my Mariner number on the HAL site "My Details". I seem to remember a long thread about numbers some time ago. Very technological, way beyond me. :eek: POA1 was involved, I'm sure..... I think the end result was that the final digit of the number is a "check" number, and becomes some sort of proof of the number's legitimacy. Anybody else remember that?

Anyway, if you remove the final digit from your number, then are your numbers consecutive? I'm not sure how it worked, but something like that..:)

I remember that thread too. It made my head hurt;):p:D.

I know my Cunard number, my Mariner number, and my last three passports but have a hard time with my cell phone number. Guess travel related numbers are more important.:D

Passport numbers!!! Yikes, you are a genius!!

I can't seem to remember letters AND number combinations, like for passports and HAL booking numbers.

Something like QJB6NT is impossible for me to remember, so I have to have the file with the info at hand all the time.

Yes! They are consecutive if I do that. I once was told that credit card numbers have a "check number" embedded in them and that certain digits have to add to that number in order for the number to be valid. I don't know if that's true.

No way I can remember my Mariner number. My late Husband's number was 130 more than mine. We both started sailing with Hal at the same time. Go figure. I usually have a cruise booked and therefore have a file folder with all the info in it. I put my mariner number on the front cover of the file folder for easy access. It is also in my old rolodex phone book.

I keep mine in my smartphone so I always have it with me. One never knows when one needs to book a cruise!!:D (Particularly when one is shoveling snow before fall even begins!!)

Snow on the 9th of September! You poor sots! The tree damage is profound. Take a cruise!