Lanyards for Crown and Anchor Members

shipmate13

Has Royal Caribbean changed recently about giving lanyards and pins to returning Crown and Anchor Members? They use to have them in the room upon your arrival. My daughter just came off the Allure of the Seas and this is her 4th cruise aboard Royal Caribbean and she said that they didn't have them in the room like previous cruises.

Has Royal Caribbean changed recently about giving lanyards and pins to returning Crown and Anchor Members? They use to have them in the room upon your arrival. My daughter just came off the Allure of the Seas and this is her 4th cruise aboard Royal Caribbean and she said that they didn't have them in the room like previous cruises.

I have NEVER been offered a lanyard by Royal Caribbean.

At ANY level of C&A status.

They DO give them to kids in Adventure Ocean.

Pins are presented when you achieve a new level. On a 4th cruise, you are not reaching a new level, usually. (have you been cruising in suites?)

tumblr_mattfr2EDF1r58qigo1_500.gif

Edited by Merion_Mom

No, never a fortunate one for a suite. The last two Royal Caribbean Cruises we have been on we had lanyards in our room along with pins. Maybe I was just lucky I guess.

Can you take a picture of these "pins" and show them to us? Are we talking about Adventure Ocean stuff, perhaps, and not adult stuff?

No lanyard, no pin, no RCCL love either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Newbie question here, why would one use a lanyard? Again, new, have our very first cruise booked in January.

People use them to carry their sea pass card. I never use them and think it makes you look like you are at a convention. However it seems that many passengers like them so it is a personal choice.

Never got a pin when we turn Platinum or Emerald...not sure we would utilize it anyway.

I recently purchased (5) sequined lanyards from Amazon for my granddaughters who are cruising next summer. I figured they can mix/match to their outfits. I think the lanyards are a great idea for kids....and my DH who tends to lose things. ;)

But...have never gotten one from Royal or C & A on any of our cruises.

Newbie question here, why would one use a lanyard? Again, new, have our very first cruise booked in January.

I always get my card punched and wear it on a lanyard. I rarely have pockets so this way I don't have to worry about carrying my card. Also, I wear a lanyard and badge every day at work so I'm used to having it around my neck.

I have Guest Services punch a hole in my Seapass card and attach it to my Seattle Seahawks lanyard! I don't carry a purse and usually don't have a pocket so this works great for me! If we're on an excursion, I just tuck the lanyard inside my shirt, or jacket depending on the weather, and never have to worry about it. Plus, with it on a lanyard it's not stuck inside a purse or bag next to my cell phone which will demagnetize the card!

I have the Platinum and Emerald pins. In the middle of our last cruise we passed on up to Diamond status but I won't receive my pin until we board the Jewel next September. The two pins I have were in our cabin when we checked in the first day. I wear them on my Royal Caribbean sweatshirt. :D

Edited by impatientlywaiting