Just got booted from my boardwalk balcony

I can't believe RCI chooses to treat their loyal customers so callously.

I think it was a mistake for him to list $100 obc as an acceptable option.

I think so too. Besides, OBCs are money for the cruise line. In the company I work we put credits in a completely different bucket than returns.

P.S. I booked Oasis in a B1 close to the back for next year. After reading other posts I moved to an OV balcony on deck 8. Closer to everything and I don't have to wait and see if RCI will move me. Now after reading this thread I am tempted to cancel. Either wait for a last minute deal or forget about them.

Edited by molole

I am confused on why you would lose the OBC if you upgrade? Was this OBC you already had or is that the amount they ended up giving you for the involuntary move? I thought they offerd you $100.....but I may have missed an update along the way.

That is crazy! First off, they should upgrade you for freeee!!! But if they aren't going to do that, they should allow you to pay for the upgrade and keep all onboard credit....any previous and all they have offered because of this mess!

Ialso had booked under a WOW sale where I got the other $150 and since that promtion is no longer giung on if I upgraded I would lose that.

Why I would lose the other $100 is a mystery to me.

Bill

I don't understand why your OBC would be taken away for upgrading. We booked a RCCL cruise on the Oasis recently. We changed (upgraded ourselves) staterooms 3 times and received extra OBC with the upgrade to a GS. ;)

I don't understand why your OBC would be taken away for upgrading. We booked a RCCL cruise on the Oasis recently. We changed (upgraded ourselves) staterooms 3 times and received extra OBC with the upgrade to a GS. ;)

In all depends on the promotion that is running at the time you change cabins as to whether you lose your OBC.

Bill

Are you certain that $150 is WOW sale OBC?

WOW sale OBC is based on the length of the cruise and not the stateroom you book. So it stays with the reservation if you subsequently upgrade or downgrade (assuming you stay on the same sailing).

I thought WOW sale OBC was typically:

•  
  • $50 for 5 nights or less

• $100 for 6-9 nights

• $200 for 10 nights or more

That was what they were offering in January when I booked.

ImageUploadedByForums1411661269.594336.jpg.8c5e300ef2b630ebf4ba03d77dd0fa7d.jpg

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Ask that they move you to an ocean view balcony of the same size. OV is better than Boardwalk, unless you want to have people looking in your window when they walk by.

jc

I somewhat understand your comment, but have to disagree with you.

OV isn't "better" than boardwalk to all. Maybe it is a higher category or more expensive, but that doesn't make it "better". At least to some people. We've been in both an OV balcony and a CP balcony and I personally like the CP balcony better. But, that is me. You may disagree with this. I understand folks disagree. Thats whats great, everyone is different.

"Better" is a personal opinion.

We enjoyed the music being played in the evenings and enjoyed our own personal space to people watch. There are other places, such as on the walking/jogging track aft to sit and watch the ocean.

I'm not saying a OV balcony is bad. I understand why some prefer it. But, some people really do perfer CP or Boardwalk.

:)

Yes WE got them to let me keep my OBC when upgrading.

That's what I was asking for and that's what I got, so it is resolved to my satisfaction.

The call came and they referenced the Facebook post.

Thank you all for your support. I REALLY appreciate it.

Bill

Great news!!! The power of Social Media - Glad it worked out for you:)

Edited by molly361

That's what I was asking for and that's what I got, so it is resolved to my satisfaction.

Bill

Good to know that FB has some clout with them.

Bill

Fantastic! Enjoy your cruise! :)

"Better" is a personal opinion.

I'm not saying a OV balcony is bad. I understand why some prefer it. But, some people really do perfer CP or Boardwalk.

:)

I was thinking about this the other day. We have our first cruise on one of the big ships (Oasis) coming up in November. The other day I saw a really good price and upgraded from a GS to a Crown Loft...not because I thought it would be better, but because it's unique.

I think some people feel the same way about the CP and BW balconies...they're not something you can have on every ship, so if you cruise a lot it's nice to try something out of the ordinary!

Bill

I'm so glad everything worked out!:D I wish it hadn't taken a social media storm to get it done, but at least you have an outcome you're pleased with!

Edited by Cindy

Excellent news Bill! Very happy for you!!

Now I'm wondering if we should all post on FB and Twitter and demand them to release at least some sort of list on the upgrades being done to the Oasis!! Being in the dark like this is terrible!

Edited by NoWavesInCali

Bill

WooHoo!!! Glad I could help.:D

I also posted my unhappiness about how they are holding back information on the availability of those cabins for future sailings. I wonder if we will ge an answer to that one. :rolleyes:

I was thinking about this the other day. We have our first cruise on one of the big ships (Oasis) coming up in November. The other day I saw a really good price and upgraded from a GS to a Crown Loft...not because I thought it would be better, but because it's unique.

I think some people feel the same way about the CP and BW balconies...they're not something you can have on every ship, so if you cruise a lot it's nice to try something out of the ordinary!

That is exactly why we went with a boardwalk balcony this time - the unique nature of those cabins on this class of ship. Five months later we will be spending 15 nights on the Jewel for a Panama Canal cruise and we will be once again enjoying our D1 OV balcony for that amount of time.:)

I am on Oasis right now in room 11327 work has already started on converting the secret balcony into a room of some kind , workmen have been on this floor since we boarded on 18 September. We have been visited by the Deck Supervisor and told if the building works get too noisy to let her know and they will try to do something about it. So far there has only been one morning that there was a loud drilling noise but since then it has gone very quiet again.

Our room attendant has been told he will be having another room to clean.

There has been nobody in 11329 since we boarded the ship.

We are on the ship until 30 September when she arrives in Rotterdam.

I am on Oasis right now in room 11327 work has already started on converting the secret balcony into a room of some kind , workmen have been on this floor since we boarded on 18 September. We have been visited by the Deck Supervisor and told if the building works get too noisy to let her know and they will try to do something about it. So far there has only been one morning that there was a loud drilling noise but since then it has gone very quiet again.

Our room attendant has been told he will be having another room to clean.

There has been nobody in 11329 since we boarded the ship.

We are on the ship until 30 September when she arrives in Rotterdam.

I don't suppose anyone there has given out any hints as o whether 11329 & 11327 are being incorporated into that change or if they will sill be available as B1's after the construction is completed?

Enjoy your cruise!:)