Just got booted from my boardwalk balcony

Thanks for the link. Did you just post on Royal Caribbean's Facebook page? Before finding your post with this link, I couldn't and still can't find this conversation.

Did you look under "Recent Posts By Others?" That's where I found it.

Yes WE got them to let me keep my OBC when upgrading.

That's what I was asking for and that's what I got, so it is resolved to my satisfaction.

The call came and they referenced the Facebook post.

Thank you all for your support. I REALLY appreciate it.

Bill

YAY!! Glad for you. I am thinking of making a reservation a year in advance (for 2015) but if something like this will happen... At least your issue is resolved, bon voyage!

That's what I was asking for and that's what I got, so it is resolved to my satisfaction.

Bill

So glad that you got a proper resolution. It sure took them a while to see the light and I'm glad we were able to be your cheerleaders here to provide advice and support. I was booted from 11329 for the October 15 sailing, and you for the Nov. 29. That's a lot of time in between - I can only imagine how many times these same discussions have been taking place over the last couple of weeks. On the TA people were moved from 11323, so that means 4 cabins toward the back on the BW side, and probably the same on the OV side. Then there's the other side of the ship as well as deck 12. It's possible they booted people from 30 or so cabins on the TA. It'll be interesting to see it all with our own eyes once we're onboard. Have a great cruise, Bill !

I don't suppose anyone there has given out any hints as o whether 11329 & 11327 are being incorporated into that change or if they will sill be available as B1's after the construction is completed?

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Bumped into the workmen as we left our room this morning so I asked them what work they were doing. They are doing the initial electrical work on the secret balconies on decks 11, 12 and 14 on both port and starboard sides.

The balcony areas will be turned into suites of some kind. Our room attendant has been told he will have another room to clean after dry dock. All B1 rooms in deck 11 are occupied apart from 11329 haven't seen anybody on the starboard side end balcony so do not think it is occupied either. Although the electricians are working today there is no noise at all.

We have already been told that disembarkation in Rotterdam will begin at 5 am on 30 th September.

We have heard also the Aqua Theatre are is being revamped, Seafood Shack is being done away with all together and Cupcake Cupboard is moving to the Boardwalk somewhere.

Our waitress in the Opus dining room on deck 3 has told us there will be new chairs in the dining room and a Coastal Kitchen Restaurant is being installed at some point as she is to be working in it but she was not sure of exact dates for it being ready.

That is all I know so far.

When I choose a cabin, there are certain things I am looking for. Location is probably the most important thing to me, so I would be very upset if they moved me.

Things that don't bother you may bother someone else. Things that you like, someone else may not care about.

To him, it is inferior, and because Royal was the cause of his having to move, I do feel that they should make him happy. At least refund his cruise fare without charging him a penalty, since they are the ones who forced him to move in the penalty phase.

I think it was a mistake for him to list $100 obc as an acceptable option but it's already done. I would want my money refunded.

I was asking WHY it was inferior, as in is the cabin different in some way? Nothing else, I was not saying what would bother me or not, so i dont care for the manner you are using. I wanted to know why deck 14 would bother him so much (due to he fact that I have cabins there) I would be very peed off if I got moved to a different cabin unless I was asked and agreed to the move, I would certainly not be happy with $100 obc, I would have emailed and phoned the highest person I could get to and let them know that they cannot treat customers like that. I would be looking at getting a big part of the money I payed refunded if not all.

I was asking WHY it was inferior, as in is the cabin different in some way? Nothing else, I was not saying what would bother me or not, so i dont care for the manner you are using. I wanted to know why deck 14 would bother him so much (due to he fact that I have cabins there) I would be very peed off if I got moved to a different cabin unless I was asked and agreed to the move, I would certainly not be happy with $100 obc, I would have emailed and phoned the highest person I could get to and let them know that they cannot treat customers like that. I would be looking at getting a big part of the money I payed refunded if not all.

I am the OP who doesn't want the deck 14 cabin.

I booked the end one to have close proximity to the Aqua Theater and the ability to watch the shows from my balcony.

You mentioned that you could hear every word from the movie being played back there. Again that's why i booked the cabin I did.

I don't want to be all the way down the other end of the boardwalk and lose the ability to sit on my balcony and enjoy those things because of the overhang partially obstructing the view and the distance from the Aqua theater..

Also deck 15 is public spaces so it won't be quiet in the cabin with the people on the deck moving about.

Bill

I was asking WHY it was inferior, as in is the cabin different in some way? Nothing else, I was not saying what would bother me or not, so i dont care for the manner you are using.

The manner I am using? Which manner is that?

You don't like my manner, put me on ignore and save your remaining sanity.

I somewhat understand your comment, but have to disagree with you.

OV isn't "better" than boardwalk to all. Maybe it is a higher category or more expensive, but that doesn't make it "better". At least to some people. We've been in both an OV balcony and a CP balcony and I personally like the CP balcony better. But, that is me. You may disagree with this. I understand folks disagree. Thats whats great, everyone is different.

"Better" is a personal opinion.

We enjoyed the music being played in the evenings and enjoyed our own personal space to people watch. There are other places, such as on the walking/jogging track aft to sit and watch the ocean.

I'm not saying a OV balcony is bad. I understand why some prefer it. But, some people really do perfer CP or Boardwalk.

:)

Wow, went to a lot of bother to "correct" my opinion. I go on a cruise to see the ocean and the islands and the ports. Not to watch people walk by.

Here is a true story. 2002. First formal night on the Adventure of the Seas. During the visit to Aruba, we left at 2AM, we spent the day, scuba diving, going to an Argentinian Steak restaurant "El Gaucho" lots of food wine and then we went to Carlos and Charlies and drank multiple yards of Sex on the beach. around midnight we walked back to the ship, my wife is in high heels and stepped off the curb onto the cobblestones, and severely landed on the top side of her foot a drop of probably 8 to 10 inches. A friend caught her from actually falling but needless to say the damage was done and the next day we discovered after spending time in the medical office that she broke her foot. So, she is wheel chair or crutches bound for the rest of the cruise.

So, back to formal night. There was a parade, and this was our first cruise on the Explorer class so we wanted to see the parade our first. (Now I skip parades mostly but then they were new). Since she was in a wheel chair and the promenade was packed we went to the next level up and there were some balconies near the elevators that provided a perfect spot to watch the parade. Directly across from us was a cabin that overlooked the promenade. Pretty soon it became clear that the lady dressing for formal night hadn't thought about the view of her cabin.

So you are right if you want people looking into your cabin while you dress a CP type of cabin is better.:rolleyes::D:eek:

jc

Bill

Great news.

jc

It's 100% official now. Just got my new confirmation of our oceanview balcony on deck, a D7.

I'm satisfied :)

Bill

Bill, did you have to pay extra for this? I'm the one that got booted out of the same cabin for the November 1st sailing who was told we had to stay with B1's.

GREAT! I purposely booked 11329 for my November 2015 Cruise next year because of the Secret Balcony and so it had better Ocean and Aqua Theater views... Guess I better look for a new location. :-(

But on a positive, I'm excited to see all the changes... it will keep the ship new and exciting! When We were on Oasis last January the Head Gardner told us they where converting the Central Park Bridge into Suites as well... definitely a good idea I think.... even converting the secret balconies to suites is a good idea for RCCL as well... just not for me. :mad: Over a year to plan though so hopefully the changes will open up some new options for the "perfect" room!

GREAT! I purposely booked 11329 for my November 2015 Cruise next year because of the Secret Balcony and so it had better Ocean and Aqua Theater views... Guess I better look for a new location. :-(

But on a positive, I'm excited to see all the changes... it will keep the ship new and exciting! When We were on Oasis last January the Head Gardner told us they where converting the Central Park Bridge into Suites as well... definitely a good idea I think.... even converting the secret balconies to suites is a good idea for RCCL as well... just not for me. :mad: Over a year to plan though so hopefully the changes will open up some new options for the "perfect" room!

What is the "Central Park Bridge"?

It will not block your view once completed. It is just taken out of inventory until it is completed which seems to be end of November 2014.

This info is not confirmed by RCI as they are very hush hush about it.

Just going by my experience and other postings .

Of course all this speculation and angst could be avoided if RCI would just announce the changes

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

It will not block your view once completed. It is just taken out of inventory until it is completed which seems to be end of November 2014.

Of course all this speculation and angst could be avoided if RCI would just announce the changes

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I was really hoping to be by the secret balcony though. I may keep the room but I'll definitely rethink everything once the new deck plans are published.

Just got a phone call from my travel agent that RCI has booted us from our cabin 11329 because of construction for our cruise on November 29, 2014.

Instead of the last balcony cabin on the boardwalk on deck 11 we now have the first boardwalk balcony on deck 14, 14693.

There are no other B1's available for our sailing.

Of course they waited until final payment date has just past so we can't cancel and now have to just suck it up and move on.

Booked in January for this specific cabin. Not happy at all.

Oh yeah I know it is in the contract that they can do this but doesn't make it any easier to swallow.:mad:

Bill

No reason you should be happy about this.:(

Bill

Sent from iPhone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Bob and Clara the other day mention tongue in cheek. RCCL only change two pages a day. hinting at how slow they are getting to be (RCCL)

Unfortunately RCI can move anyone of us anywhere and the don't have to ask you, give OBC or even tell you about it. It's all in the Cruise contract that we all agree to. :(http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/RoyalCaribbean_Cruise_Ticket_Contract_013114.pdf

"e) Carrier may also change accommodations, alter or cancel any activities of, deny service of alcohol to, confine to a stateroom or quarantine, search

the stateroom, property or baggage of any Passenger, change a Passenger's Land Tour, disembark or refuse to embark the Passenger and/or any

Passenger responsible for any minor Passenger, or restrain any Passenger at any time, without liability, at the risk and expense of the Passenger, when

in the sole opinion of Carrier or Captain the Passenger's conduct or presence, or that of any minor for whom the Passenger is responsible, is believed to

present a possible danger, security risk or be detrimental to himself or the health, welfare, comfort or enjoyment of others, or is in violation of any

provision of this Agreement"

Edited by FLACRUISER99

Bill

Good to know it all work out. Nothing like a little pressure from outside to get things sorted.