Sitting on my balcony watching the waves

Reading a couple of books

The people I meet on the ship

The fun atmosphere

Looking out the windows while working out on the treadmill

The French Onion Soup

Having to only unpack once

Sea days

I love salt spray, the rock of the ship, the ocean sound and smell. Blu for breakfast..intuitive service, non smoking policy.:) The Glass of champagne when boarding.

I kinda like the bonk sound too vtcruising.

Dana...I have a feeling retching may not have been your sea air experience!! My autocorrect has been in overdrive maybe yours is too. Lol

1) You unpack once and put the wallet and car keys in the safe. No true cares about money (cash) until the statement is slipped under your door on the final night. And no driving! (We live in Southern California...enough said)

2) You can have a drink, or two, or three, without any worries. Drinking and driving is no joke, so when we are on land, one of us must remain the designated driver and act responsibly. On cruises, my wife and I can BOTH relax with a Martini and watch us sail away into the sunset. That is awesome.

3) Relaxing. Cruising is by far the most relaxing vacation experience we have had, without a doubt.

4) Getting to exotic places without the need to negotiate trains, planes, automobiles, foreign languages, pick pockets, bad tours, etc. etc. etc.

5) Great food and great people. We always meet the nicest people on our cruises. Perhaps because they too are relaxed. And we have tried every type of food imaginable.

To be continued...

Edited by curtdesilets

Getting away from the daily grind (work, cleaning, shopping, driving) and doing whatever I want to - relaxing, seeing other lands, meeting new people, learning about other cultures. Or not doing anything at all.

I love 14 day or longer cruises in order to really de-stress and come back home refreshed. :p

Spent little while thinking about this.

Number One: I get to see multiple different locales during my holiday but unpack only once.

Number Two: The staff really do make my trips something wonderful. I can remember far more staff from my cruise holidays than from my land holidays, and with a smile for each of them. (okay the odd frown but they've fixed those issues and we all smiled afterwards)

Number Three: The cost. Its a fantastic holiday on a budget, even if I mostly cruise in suites.

Number Four: The food. As above this is a budget holiday. I can spend fantastic amounts in beautiful local restaurants but have a worry about will they really understand my allergy needs - the next few hours can sometimes be a nail biter or worse ... All my cruise holidays have been vastly better, the odd hiccup but I've never been seriously ill.

Number Five: The company. We are all here to have a good time, yes there is the odd person who I'd rather not meet again and thats partly why I travel in a suite so that I have my own private space. (Just call me a snob)

This thread was so nice to read. I agree with all the comments given. In addition, in January, I love escaping the cold weather. Looking forward to my next cruise on the Eclipse. Last year, we met so many nice people that rebooked the same cruise. I am looking forward to being with them again.

I love the food portions.

I can enjoy an appetizer, a soup, entree and a dessert.

With all the exercise I do on board I can do this daily and never seem to gain a pound. :D

At land restaurants the portions are always way to big and I never have room for dessert and DH and I have to share an appetizer or I can't eat my meal.

Ordering anything without thinking about the dollar signs:

We live in a very small town with limited dining options, so when we travel, the restaurant tabs are a bit of a shock for even average places. I love dining on the ships where you order multiple courses and won't end up walking out with a scary-whopping credit card receipt in your wallet.

Fun wine-related events on Celebrity:

We attended a champagne event last year on our Hawaii Century cruise where one of the senior staff demonstrated Sabrage - slashing through the glass neck of a very expensive bottle with a sword. Then he poured and we all sampled it.