free beverage package

weenie2

Hello

We are booked on Century in just over a week, and took advantage of the 123 free beverage package. As this is our first cruise (and I am camp Mother, trying to organize everything for a group of people), I am a little anxious about the free beverage package. This does not feature on our cruise documents, and when I go into the Celebrity website, it does not confirm this on our reservations either.

Has anybody been on Celebrity with this promotion? Can you shed some light on how it works? As my group will want some drinks on embarkation, and I fear I will be subject to a mob attack if there is a problem:eek:

Hello

We are booked on Century in just over a week, and took advantage of the 123 free beverage package. As this is our first cruise (and I am camp Mother, trying to organize everything for a group of people), I am a little anxious about the free beverage package. This does not feature on our cruise documents, and when I go into the Celebrity website, it does not confirm this on our reservations either.

Has anybody been on Celebrity with this promotion? Can you shed some light on how it works? As my group will want some drinks on embarkation, and I fear I will be subject to a mob attack if there is a problem:eek:

Do you have your confirmation? From either your TA or Celebrity?

It is listed on there.......well, it shows up on my confirmation;)....it

doesn't show up on my booking on the website but it is on my confirmation.

Who did you book through?

For us it was listed on the email confirmation I received after booking. However, it doesn't show up on our online reservation (nor did it for our May cruise, but we did have it.) If you are concerned, call Celebrity and they can tell you for sure. You don't want to wait until you are onboard to find out your group has no beverage packages!!

I used to be able to view the Bev Package under the view reservation page then under view payment details but I haven't been able to access that part of my reservation for weeks.

I'd suggest you contact Celebrity or your TA and have them send you an Invoice. The invoice Celebrity sent me has my cruise fare, port taxes/fees and the bev package on there.

Edited by Georgie562

Here is where it shows on mine.

Go into My Celebrity then once on the reservations page click Manage reservation. That will take you to the My Cruise Summary page. Once there click Order History on the right. It shows up as "Wave Promo - Classic Package"

Hope this helps.

Duane

Weenie2 Not sure if this will work for you. Log in to My Celebrity. click on manage my reservation for the cruise you are going on. When next page comes up, find view cruise planner orders, click on order history. That page should show the bev package, you can also click on the view order details.

It is well worth making sure you have some documentary evidence of the package. In February we were cruising in the Caribbean and had received the free package. However, it hadn't come through on our documentation and so it wasn't recorded on our SeaPass card. It took a week of pestering Guest Relations to contact Celebrity in the UK and get the necessary confirmation. Everything got sorted out in the end but it was a pain having to constantly sign the chitties and then check that they had credited these costs back to my account.

On September's cruise we again had the free Classic package, only this time I made sure I had documentary evidence when we boarded.

OD

Go into My Celebrity then once on the reservations page click Manage reservation. That will take you to the My Cruise Summary page. Once there click Order History on the right. It shows up as "Wave Promo - Classic Package"

Hope this helps.

Duane

Same here. Took a while for it to show up and then even longer to indicate package for both of our names, not just for my spouse who booked the cruise. I'm taking a screen shot copy on the cruise.

Have you printed your e-docs? The beverage package should be shown on page 8 under "Onboard Confirmation." I hope you enjoy your first cruise as much as we did. Have a great time!

Are we missing something? Our printed e-docs seem to be the 3-pages-only Xpress Pass.

There was a separate Cruise Ticket Contract you can print with cancellation penalty information - is that what you mean? I don't think it was that many pages long or had anything about "Onboard Confirmation."

(We just did the online check-in recently for an upcoming December cruise sailing round trip Ft. Lauderdale on Constellation.)

Are we missing something? Our printed e-docs seem to be the 3-pages-only Xpress Pass.

There was a separate Cruise Ticket Contract you can print with cancellation penalty information - is that what you mean? I don't think it was that many pages long or had anything about "Onboard Confirmation."

(We just did the online check-in recently for an upcoming December cruise sailing round trip Ft. Lauderdale on Constellation.)

E-docs aren't issued until at least 49 days before your cruise, so you won't have them yet.

It is really important to take some kind of documentation with you to prove that you are entitled to the free beverage package - either the original invoice issued by Celebrity or the e-docs which should list the promo.

It worked for us because Celebrity had also somehow forgotten to give us the promised promotion and it didn't show up on our sea pass cards but I had the original invoice with me where it was listed and so we just got a sticker on our sea pass cards when we showed the invoice to guest relations. (The agents handling your embarkation can't change anything, you'll have to do that on board.)

It's still better if you can get proof via your TA before your cruise so you'll already have the package listed on your sea pass card when boarding.

As well as being visible on your "Order History" the free packages are also listed on your Confirmation Invoice from Celebrity. On mine for my next cruise under "Charges" there is a line labelled "SUN1-BEVCLINGRAT" which shows the official cost of the package for each guest. Immediately beneath is a second line labelled "SUZ9-EGBPROMO1" which reverses out the 2 charges above, so the overall cost is nil.

OD

If you think these percs such as drink packages, obc, and prepaid gratuities are free, I've got some ocean front property, in Kansas, I want to sell you.

Not sure what you mean? We booked a 10 day cruise in veranda stateroom for about $1500 per person with beverage package, gratuities and $100 OBC. Amenities worth abour $700 per person. Are you saying without amenities I should have paid $800 per person for this cruise. Good Luck with that.

By the way we purchaed Ocean Front property on a trip to Tucson a few years back!

Not sure what you mean? We booked a 10 day cruise in veranda stateroom for about $1500 per person with beverage package, gratuities and $100 OBC. Amenities worth abour $700 per person. Are you saying without amenities I should have paid $800 per person for this cruise. Good Luck with that.

By the way we purchaed Ocean Front property on a trip to Tucson a few years back!

Unless it's a holiday sailing I'm guessing you grossly over paid. Why? Because nothing is free. The amenites probably cost Celebrity less than half that much. We did a 26 day B2B on the Constellation, in a C2 conciearge for $2100 p.p.. with prepaid gratuities. We never take the drink package, we take the cold hard cash in the form of obc or prepaid gratuites.

Check a 7 day oceanview to the Caribbean. With the prepaid gratuites and drink package, they are paying you to cruise.

Unless it's a holiday sailing I'm guessing you grossly over paid. Why? Because nothing is free. The amenites probably cost Celebrity less than half that much. We did a 26 day B2B on the Constellation, in a C2 conciearge for $2100 p.p.. with prepaid gratuities. We never take the drink package, we take the cold hard cash in the form of obc or prepaid gratuites.

Check a 7 day oceanview to the Caribbean. With the prepaid gratuites and drink package, they are paying you to cruise.

I haven't seen prices like that lately, unless you have the freedom to book a last minute Xciting Deal and don't have to worry about airfare or requesting vacation, and we're happy with a guarantee cabin. Prices have gone up.

Not a holiday sailing and I did not overpay. Holiday sailiings are about double that price. Booked at lowest price ever offered on this particular cruise. Similar cruises on Princess and HAL are more expensive without these amenities. Lowest price Veranda on this cruise is now more than $2200 per person. I have been cruising for 20 years and have previously been in the travel busuness. I research cruises and prices almost daily so I am well aware of pricing and always get the lowest price and best deal on any cruise I book.

If you think these percs such as drink packages, obc, and prepaid gratuities are free, I've got some ocean front property, in Kansas, I want to sell you.

I think we all understand these promos are not "free", however people like them and they have been an effective marketing program for Celebrity - added value versus deeper discounting to the quoted stateroom price.

Hello

Have you gotten this straightened out?

Hope this helps.

Duane

That's how mine shows. It really weird place to look but that's the only place it shows. Did show on my original invoice though.