Anniversary Recognition

Kostbar

My wife and I will be on OOS next month. On our documents RCI has listed that it is her Birthday and our 10 year Anniversary. We will be in a C1.

I k ow there are flowers and other stuff I can buy but did not.

Questions, from your experience, can I expect any recognition from RCI on this cruise? We are Gold level.

Thanks.

Seems nowadays all they will bring you is a slice of dessert. They will sing and there will be a candle. A celebration cake is generally extra. If you want to celebrate your occasions in some special manner, as you noted, there are a variety of lovely items you can buy from the cruise line.

Enjoy

M

My wife and I will be on OOS next month. On our documents RCI has listed that it is her Birthday and our 10 year Anniversary. We will be in a C1.

Questions, from your experience, can I expect any recognition from RCI on this cruise? We are Gold level.

Thanks.

We celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Freedom last year and we put in our reservation that we were celebrating an anniversary. We received a special dessert in the MDR with happy anniversary written on the plate and a couple of waiters sang. We also went to Portofino and they brought over a beautiful plate they had written happy 25th on in frosting gels and made beautiful designs with the gels. That came with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and petit fours. We bought nothing and we didn't tell anyone while we were on the ship.

We celebrated our 10th anniversary in July on Allure and our cabin steward had done up our cabin in a ton of signs and streamers. We did our dinner at the Chef's table and it was recognized there as well. So I would say you can expect something, but nothing earth shattering.

Thanks.

There was a time when you could buy a notice in the Compass

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Freedom last year and we put in our reservation that we were celebrating an anniversary. We received a special dessert in the MDR with happy anniversary written on the plate and a couple of waiters sang. We also went to Portofino and they brought over a beautiful plate they had written happy 25th on in frosting gels and made beautiful designs with the gels. That came with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries and petit fours. We bought nothing and we didn't tell anyone while we were on the ship.

We got the same at Portofino.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got back from Vision in Sept and RCI did not go out of there way for my 50th b-day! I just know that Excaliber had a bottle of champagne sitting at my door when I got there it was a non special b-day year. Guess what it was good and I actually bought 2 more bottles on the trip. [emoji41]

I was in a JS on Vision, and on my b-day am I went down ready with what I wanted from MDR menu and they delivered the food! That was there b-gift and it was awesome having surf and turf on my wrapped balcony at sunset![emoji41] [emoji3] [emoji568] Since you have to be in GS or higher! No writing on the 3 desserts ordered! [emoji57]

I am just glad I asked! [emoji3]

Just my experience!

We celebrated our 25th anniversary on the Allure 2wks ago. The main dining room staff sang and gave us a piece of chocolate cake and we did not tell them that it was our anniverary but it was on our reservations. We had dinner in CHOPS and we did mention that it was our anniversary when we made our reservations and they also gave us a special dessert.

Thanks.

Theres going to be a marching band.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

We celebrated our 10th anniversary in July on Allure and our cabin steward had done up our cabin in a ton of signs and streamers. So I would say you can expect something, but nothing earth shattering.

Very unusual. Your Cabin Steward was exceptional. Hope you left him a big tip.

Very unusual. Your Cabin Steward was exceptional. Hope you left him a big tip.

I'm wondering if perhaps their TA ordered those decorations. DH got them for me on my birthday once. I really did not want anyone singing in the dining room - enough already.

If you think about the number of people on a cruise celebrating something, whether it is birthday, anniversary, etc they would be bringing most something "special".

I would not go in expecting to get recognized but be happy if it does. If you really want something to be done, plan it yourself.

We have been onboard for various celebrations and have not been officially recognized for many years. It is usually one the kids birthdays and at their age they now like to keep it quiet so works well for us.

Spent our Honeymoon on Allure, the only recognition was an invite to a "Honeymooner's Gathering" in the Jazz Club. I think there were maybe 50 other couples? It was noted on our reservation, which we booked thru a TA. I would not expect anything, and be happy if you get something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums