Incentive to book shore tours

ladylemondrop

Noticed today that Celebrity are offering a $100 onboard spend incentive if I book shore tours over next few days - seems a new thing to me, has anyone else noticed this before?

Just checked more details, I would have to book 7 tours to get $100 onboard credit....they are not daft are they?!

Edited by louise1809

Noticed today that Celebrity are offering a $100 onboard spend incentive if I book shore tours over next five days - seems a new thing to me, has anyone else noticed this before?

How were you made aware of this offer?

I just logged on to my celebrity, and it was showing there, I personally dont feel its a fantastic incentive, I know every little helps, but to have $100 credit I need to book seven tours....thats not cheap!

Edited by louise1809

Celebrity sent me an email about it a month ago. Then they sent me another email about a week ago. I guess they really want me to book. Maybe it is because it is my first Celebrity cruise. But it isn't my first cruise and I usually do independent excursions. It takes way too many excursions to get $100 OBC. I save more booking independent tours.

Sharon

The offer says "up to $100". To get the $100, you have to book 7 shore excursions per person. If you book only 3 shore excursions per person, you get $20. Much ado about nothing IMHO.

I know, I got all excited for nothing. As I added, the small print was a let down, but never mind, I momentarily felt a little frisson of excitement so all is not lost!:D

So many incentives out there to book, so if this promo is restricted to only bookings with no other promotions, make me wonder how many can really benefit from this.

I was originally told that I can apply this promo by the rep at Celebrity who booked 5 of them for me .:(

I am still hoping that the Celebrity person who posts on this board will look into this and let us all know .

I just logged on to my celebrity, and it was showing there, I personally dont feel its a fantastic incentive, I know every little helps, but to have $100 credit I need to book seven tours....thats not cheap!

That's nuts. A horrible offer. Does X think we're stupid? I'm about done with them as there are plenty of other cruise lines out there.

So many incentives out there to book, so if this promo is restricted to only bookings with no other promotions, make me wonder how many can really benefit from this.

I was originally told that I can apply this promo by the rep at Celebrity who booked 5 of them for me .:(

I am still hoping that the Celebrity person who posts on this board will look into this and let us all know .

It booked five tours each for my husband and me and got $120 total in CC... We also got the free drink package .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I know, I got all excited for nothing. As I added, the small print was a let down, but never mind, I momentarily felt a little frisson of excitement so all is not lost!:D

Hi Louise...like you I got kind of excited about this offer when i got the email. After reading the fine print what a let down. I'm was interested that another poster mentioned that you lose the drink package if you do this. Anyone sure of this? An aside, I see you and Wine-O will be on the Silhouette next year. We all had a great eastern Med cruise last year. Enjoy the next one.

Hi Louise...like you I got kind of excited about this offer when i got the email. After reading the fine print what a let down. I'm was interested that another poster mentioned that you lose the drink package if you do this. Anyone sure of this? An aside' date=' I see you and Wine-O will be on the Silhouette next year. We all had a great eastern Med cruise last year. Enjoy the next one.[/quote']

We really did didnt we? I think about it nearly daily, we are looking forward to being on Silhouette such a shame we cannot bring the same people back with us each cruise, one thing I can really say for cruise critic, it has brought me some wonderful friends x

The fine print says not combinable with other offers and someone on another thread said they spoke to Captains Club and was also told it wasn't combinable. I'd love to know for certain as I've booked about 7 excursions each for my European cruise! Otherwise, won't know until the final day of sailing when the OBC would be applied.

Noticed today that Celebrity are offering a $100 onboard spend incentive if I book shore tours over next few days - seems a new thing to me, has anyone else noticed this before?

Just checked more details, I would have to book 7 tours to get $100 onboard credit....they are not daft are they?!

It's also only available for US and Canada :( (again!)

For those who can take part there are lower levels of OBC for taking less excursions, such as $25 for four $50 for five and $75 for six. I don't think this conflicts with offers such as 123 it's just not combinable with any other shore excursion offer.

That's nuts. A horrible offer. Does X think we're stupid? I'm about done with them as there are plenty of other cruise lines out there.

What a dumb offer! Perhaps X and all the other cruise lines should take a look at why passengers, like us, nearly always book private tours: they are usually significantly less expensive, we're NOT herded around with 40-50 other passengers, we see the same things and often more than the ship sold tours, we can ask to stop anywhere for picture taking, we can tell the private tour operators that we DO NOT want to stop for shopping, and we're not afraid of the usual line from the ship, "we won't wait for you if you're late coming back." Having taken private tours all over the world we know, and have been repeatedly told by private tour operators, that they can't afford to ever miss a ship departure, and they have back up plans. The closest we've ever come to missing a ship departure was one hour! So X, take a look at what you're charging, the mass mentality of 50 on a bus, no flexibility in your tours, always stopping to shop, and then tell me that if I buy seven of these types of tours, you're going to "reward" me with a whole $100 OBC, that you also expect me to spend onboard. :)

I saw it... As someone else said "much ado about nothing"

$ 20 for 3 Excursions is hardly earth shattering, especially when a decent excursion may cost $ 50 to $ 100+ per person

As far as being non-combinable... As this is not a Cruise Booking Incentive (just an incentive to book pay in advance for Excursions) I took the non-combinable to mean you cannot use this and any of the Specials where Excursions are bundled into groupings (ie like they have onboard, take Excursion A & B get C for Free)

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/shorex-obc-offer

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

This promo does not excite us! We have already booked 2 Celebrity excursions for our upcoming Transatlantic cruise. Since there are only 3 ports of call, and we have already visited the 3rd port 3 times--the offer of $20.00 per person on board credit (if you book 3 excursions person!) is a pretty crappy offer!

The offer says "up to $100". To get the $100, you have to book 7 shore excursions per person. If you book only 3 shore excursions per person, you get $20. Much ado about nothing IMHO.

Yep. We've never booked three per person thru the ship, certainly wouldn't do it for 20.00:rolleyes:

not a super offer but because we have already booked one which we really wanted even though we usually do private, we booked 3 more which cost $207.00 total for the 2 of us and we get $40.00 each for obc. They are short but interesting trips and we will still have time on our own

Since it is a TA we will drink our $80.00 anyway

I'm still wondering if anyone can confirm that if you decide to go with this offer will you lose the perks of the 123GO offer? That doesn't make sense to us. I've read the fine print and still don't get it. Help!

Edited by Eddie's Girl

It's also only available for US and Canada :( (again!)..........

That's really annoying, It's offering me the discount in My Celebrity then telling me in the small print it's not available outside NA.

The fine print says not combinable with other offers and someone on another thread said they spoke to Captains Club and was also told it wasn't combinable. I'd love to know for certain as I've booked about 7 excursions each for my European cruise! Otherwise, won't know until the final day of sailing when the OBC would be applied.

I'm pretty sure it just means not combinable with other excursion offers, but I wouldn't put it past them (or any other company) to mean something else.