Surprise balcony question

joshd33

Ok, so not too big of a deal here, just looking for some advice. Wife and I are gonna be on the Triumph here soon and she thinks we are gonna be in an interior room. Unbeknownst to her, I upgraded us to a balcony room on Lido. I'd like for her not to know this until we actually get to the room. What I cant remember is if the check in agents verify your room during check in. We are going out of Galveston.

So does anyone remember if they verify rooms during check in? Thanks!!

Edited by joshd33

We surprised SIL on last cruise and they don't mention what type of room you will be in. We also paid for bon voyage decorations before the cruise. The SIL was busy looking at all the decorations and DH popped open the curtains to reveal the big surprise....a balcony! It was SIL's first cruise. Good luck and happy sailing!

Nope, never mentioned the cabin type at check in....even when we were "upgraded" for free by CCL....they still said NOTHING.....we even went to our OV cabin and room card/key would not open door. A steward who had walked by several times and realized we were having a problem finally told us!!! A real nice surprise then and will be a great one for your wife too!!!

They never said a word to us! enjoy it.. so sweet and she will be thrilled! dont forget that you can bring a bottle of wine each or cokes to enjoy on the balcony!We stayed at the waterpark at the inn in galveston and they shuttled us to the ship with free all week parking at the hotel... Basic but cheap.... Have fun!

I did this quite a few years back when I had booked cabins for my husband and I and another couple. There was a price drop that actually allowed us to upgrade to balconies from insides at no cost. I did not tell anyone and the look on their faces was priceless!

Once when we were booked in an oceanview DH got a call from the upsell fairy. I was out of town babysitting grandkids. I was on my computer the next morning and went to Carnival.com to see my countdown. I saw the room number change and hurried to look at a deckplan. When I discovered that it was a balcony, I started whooping and dancing around. Scared the GKs half to death. Then I called DH with the "news" that we had been upgraded. Silence on his end...then "I couldn't even keep it a secret for 24 hours." Poor guy, he never can surprise me.

if she looks at the cruise personalizer she will see the category and the cabin number. When you put on tags- she also will see.

Do not put them on until you arrive. excitement and all-- will not be paying attention

I am surprising my dh with a balcony as well, he doesn't know our room number anyway:D and it does not say it on our luggage tags. I know your wife will be surprised.

It's on there in great big letters. I just checked ours and it says "DECK 10" under that is "1046" under that is "Port" and under that is "FWD-P". Granted, it doesn't specifically say "Balcony Cabin" but it does have the cabin number on them and if they should go on-line they could see that it's a balcony.

Edited: It just dawned on me that you may have booked a guarantee cabin. In that case, you are most likely right. Your cabin number won't be on there yet if they haven't assigned a specific cabin to you.

Edited by RWolver672

he doesn't know our room number anyway:D and it does not say it on our luggage tags.

if you want to receive your luggage make sure there is a cabin number on those tags. You dont want the honey to be standing next to you while you confirm your cabin number with the porter

It's on there in great big letters. I just checked ours and it says "DECK 10" under that is "1046" under that is "Port" and under that is "FWD-P". Granted, it doesn't specifically say "Balcony Cabin" but it does have the cabin number on them and if they should go on-line they could see that it's a balcony.

Edited: It just dawned on me that you may have booked a guarantee cabin. In that case, you are most likely right. Your cabin number won't be on there yet if they haven't assigned a specific cabin to you.

On my luggage tags it just has room number, aft and deck 6 he already knew about deck 6 because we were in a 4j. Dh doesnt' check the the Carnival website because I do all the booking and planning, he just tell me to book and let him know when to take off work. I attached the tags last night and he is none the wiser of what type of room it is.;)

Edited by siestakeys04

if you want to receive your luggage make sure there is a cabin number on those tags. You dont want the honey to be standing next to you while you confirm your cabin number with the porter

Just printed yesterday it has the room number he actually read it to me out loud, he is not as obsessed as I am in knowing where room locations are I showed him our 4j cabin when I first booked in July, he never talks about the trip until the week of. He is just ready to go to get away from his 12 to 13 hour days monday-friday.

Edited by siestakeys04

On my luggage tags it just has room number, aft and deck 6 he already knew about deck 6 because we were in a 4j. Dh doesnt' check the the Carnival website because I do all the booking and planning, he just tell me to book and let him know when to take off work. I attached the tags last night and he is none the wiser of what type of room it is.;)

LOL sounds like my honey. tell him where and when and he will show up

Howdy :) I am a native San Antonian....recently dragged to the Dallas area :( boo

Good luck with your surprise! Might want to hide the luggage tags until that morning, hopefully she will be too preoccupied to notice. Other than that I have never had them mention my cabin at check in.

Thanks for all the feedback and kind words! Really appreciate y'all!

(Yes, I'm Texan :D )