BOGOHO sale ending

So.....the BOGOHO sale is supposed to end tomorrow, October 31st:rolleyes:

It has been on since the beginning of May, always ending on a certain date only to be extended again and again.

IMO the current prices cannot remain without either the BOGOHO sale extension or a reduction in rates.

What's everyone's predictions - will it actually, finally end or will there be an extension/new BOGOHO sale?

We've been waiting for the BOGO to end:) When we calculate it out for our needs, their sale costs us more.

Seems like it's a furnature sale...........they jack up their prices before marking them down.

We've been waiting for the BOGO to end:) When we calculate it out for our needs, their sale costs us more.

Seems like it's a furnature sale...........they jack up their prices before marking them down.

I have never booked less than I have since this pricing game has started. I'm so free next year that I've taken a liking to it. If the threat of no last minute deals becomes reality, we will be doing more non cruise trips.

I see it the same way you do.

I have never booked less than I have since this pricing game has started. I'm so free next year that I've taken a liking to it. If the threat of no last minute deals becomes reality, we will be doing more non cruise trips.

I see it the same way you do.

I have cruises booked but we booked them at the beginning of the sale when it was actually a deal. It's not a "deal" at the current prices.

We have yet to book our winter vacation - at this point, we are hoping for a reduction in fares or a last minute deal - we'll see how that goes.:cool: If prices don't come down we'll be doing Hawaii or something else land based.

It's not a "deal" at the current prices.

Agreed. Marking the 1st and 2nd passenger rate up to brochure pricing and then discounting the 2nd passenger rate 50% to bring the price back down to where it SHOULD is not a sale.

I SO wish i could have booked back in May when the BOGO first came out. My current cruise would be about 600.00 cheaper.

Agreed. Marking the 1st and 2nd passenger rate up to brochure pricing and then discounting the 2nd passenger rate 50% to bring the price back down to where it SHOULD is not a sale.

I SO wish i could have booked back in May when the BOGO first came out. My current cruise would be about 600.00 cheaper.

I hear ya.....our Serenade cruise that we booked at the beginning of the sale would now cost us $1800 more!:eek::eek:

I'm holding out on booking liberty for Feb. I figure if the prices drop lower than the current sale then it was meant to be.

I almost want to ask for a discount because of the crappy last minute itinerary change to Canada instead of Bermuda a few weeks ago.... but I am very doubtful it would even be considered. sigh.

Fortunately, we got in early, and are booked through March 2016. By the time we need to reload our cruise list RCL will come up with some other cockamamie sale (or two or six). The good news is that by that time All Aboard Florida should be up and running, which opens up Ft. Lauderdale for us:)

The increase in pricing has less to do with the 'sale' than it does the economy. The economy is stronger and that's driving prices up. But there is a glut of cabins available, Royal is their worst enemy in making larger boats. And carnival is driving their prices down with their ridiculous interline rates. Will Royal stick to their pledge that they'll let boats sail less than full to keep prices up? We'll see.

As for me, I'll happily cruise on Carnival and Princess at 25% or less than what Royal charges when you consider interline rates. The prices are just ridiculous. I'm loyal to Royal but not at a 400% markup to a very similar experience on another cruise line.

Edited by krisko

If the threat of no last minute deals becomes reality, we will be doing more non cruise trips.

Yup, agreed. For the first time in a very long time, and other than my X cruise in 2011 (specific Turkey/Greece itinerary) this is the first time I've been making myself familiar with Princess, CCL and NCL pricing again... especially for solo.

.... and I've been eyeing up a much needed Machu Picchu trip on my bucket list that I've ignored with all the RCL cruising I've done the last few years that I need to make time for. Might be time for it. :)

I have cruises booked but we booked them at the beginning of the sale when it was actually a deal. It's not a "deal" at the current prices.

Same here, booked them when BOGOHO first came out and got tons of great deals. I have cruises booked through April 16 because of this sale. But if you waited even 2 weeks, prices went up. Now it is no sale at all!!!. I still check prices all the time but guessing nothing I have booked will go below what I got with the BOGOHO sale.

Same here, booked them when BOGOHO first came out and got tons of great deals. I have cruises booked through April 16 because of this sale. But if you waited even 2 weeks, prices went up. Now it is no sale at all!!!. I still check prices all the time but guessing nothing I have booked will go below what I got with the BOGOHO sale.

Yep. You are me. I got a great deal on a JS on the Freedom in 2016 which now would cost me about $500 more. I can't see it dropping what I paid.