What was your first NCL ship?

Susie51

S/S NORWAY. July 1980. She had just reentered service a couple months earlier after her conversion from being the S/S FRANCE. She was fabulous and the Oasis of the Seas of her time for sure. Nothing else like her at sea. I went on to sail on her during various stages of her career, but she shined the most during her first several years of service when she was the hottest ticket in the Caribbean. My family had to book something like a year in advance, and prices in 1980 for an inside cabin on NORWAY were about what a balcony is today! I guess that is why cruising today is such a major bargain.

SS Norway first and only NCL cruise. Feb 1981. Paid $1100 for a broom closet , bunk beds tiny BR .. Had a miserable time , my friend and I , both 25 yr old at the time were the only ones under the age of 75 except for a few honeymooners ( second marriages) . We did enjoy skeet shooting and 50 cent drinks ..Tiny Tim was on our cruise as a guest and a MC ... He would go to the midnight buffet with a shopping bag , stuffing it with food . We wore sorry that we didn't go with a carnival ship , the TA pushed for the Norway, she was very excited about it...