What was your first NCL ship?

Susie51

We will be taking our first NCL cruise in Nov 2015 and are very excited to go back on a cruise. My wife and I have cruised in the past. I've done 3 RCCL cruises, she's done 2 RCCL and 3 Celebrity. Two of the RCCL's were us together. The last one was in 2005. This upcoming cruise will be our daughters first.

I've been reading a lot of the info on here and see a lot of negative comparisons to RCCL, which is all I know, but also a lot of positive comparisons to RCCL. We'll see how it turns out, but I think NCL's style of cruising matches us.

Majesty in 2000. She'd been stretched in dry dock and was still a lovely small size. A good intimate ship for our honeymoon. But boooooy did she rock on our first and last sea day.

The Majesty was my second NCL ship, from Boston to Bermuda. Loved being on it, but I do remember the rocking. You don't feel it as much on the Dawn, which is a much larger ship.

We sailed for the first time on the Seaward in 1993, Western Caribbean out of Miami, to celebrate our 25th anniv. Looking back, we had a rather small OV stateroom but loved it and officially got hooked on cruising.;)

Our second was on the Norway in 1995--what a fantastic experience. So glad we got to sail on her (and again 6 yrs. later in the very same cabin):)

The Sun last year to Alaska. It was our first cruise ever. My wife and I always said we weren't cruise people, but I'd always wanted to see Alaska. We hated it so much that we booked another cruise while still onboard. :D

84 days until Norway!

Jim

SS Norway around 1987...I loved that ship, what a Lady. They had a Crew Pool forward and and one night our waiter invited our teens down to their lounge and on a shore excursion.

Different times - never happen now of course.

Edited by alexspepa

The Sun in 2005. We were certainly not WOW'd by the bells and whistles (she has none) or the great recreational opportunities (golf putting in the atrium into a paper cup, anyone?). But we were VERY impressed with the hospitality and service and really liked the Freestyle product. We always planned to sail NCL again and our second trip will be on the Epic out of Rome this fall. FWIW, we found it to be the absolute best 7-day itinerary available for the 2015 season and free UDP and UBP make it an excellent value that no other line could touch. We're really looking forward to it.

Edited by ronandannette

Our first was Crown to Bermuda from NY. Was great going to all three ports. We went each year till she was sold. They should of kept her, some love small ships. Living in NY we took the Spirit and Dawn many times. Was on the Dawn on her first trip from NY. Was great, now she is in Boston and has been cut up and runed. We are left with the Breakaway and Gem. I am not a big fan of the Breakaway as the pool deck is nuts so now we also go to NJ for Celiberty.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

We sailed on Pride of America six years ago, just two weeks before my wife became a US citizen. We didn't plan it that way. We booked the cruise and then got the notice for her swearing in ceremony. It was very special and fitting under the circumstances.