What was your first NCL ship?

Susie51

The Sunward II in 1981

Same for us ... a special 7 night New Year's Cruise.

We had our two girls with us in a tiny cabin with an extremely small porthole view.

Didn't matter! We had a great time and it will always be one of our fond memories. :D

LuLu

Southward - 1993

I just went to the cabin photos forum and saw a photo of Starward. Southward is a similar ship and I couldn't believe how tiny it is compared to todays ships. When I was on Southward, I thought it was big. Little did I know what was ahead in ship building for cruise lines.

Our first NCL ship was the Jade in 2010. It was our honeymoon and it hooked us on cruising!

The Norway. 1996. I can still remember waking up in our hotel suite in Miami and opening the curtains to see her. And she was beautiful. Everything you imagine an oceanliner to be. It was still the days of formal dinners and afternoon tea. I can remember how hot the teak decks would get. You had to wear sandals or flipflops or you'd burn the soles of your feet. I loved that my two teenage daughters had to "dress" for dinner and I loved it even more that they thought it was great! Waiters wearing white gloves; "cheese course", "fish course". They learned a lot of etiquette on that trip and it served them well. It breaks my heart to think of what became of her.

Edited by Winnigirl