no invites to loyalty events

Tennessee Titan

[quote name='sail7seas'][B] You are right. A Collector's is one cruise. A b-to-b is two cruises.

[/B][/QUOTE]

At the risk of sounding dense ... when we looked into some Med cruising we saw a "Collector" that was comprised of 2 separate/consecutive/different trips out of Rome that we could have booked separately or together as a "Collector's".

Still not sure how they're different from a B2B which is also 2 separate/consecutive/different trips??? :confused:

[quote name='summersigh']At the risk of sounding dense ... when we looked into some Med cruising we saw a "Collector" that was comprised of 2 separate/consecutive/different trips out of Rome that we could have booked separately or together as a "Collector's".

Still not sure how they're different from a B2B which is also 2 separate/consecutive/different trips??? :confused:[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="3"]B2B's do not have the same discount as a Collector's cruise does & are quite often two separate booking numbers...

B2B's are two separate cruises & normally one would get invites to both luncheons.. On Cllectors cruises, if there are many Mariners on board, then they may not invite Mariners to a second luncheon..

We're 4 star working on 5 star & several times have not been invited to the second lunch when we were on a Collectors cruise...However, we really couldn't care less about being invited to the second luncheon.. We get other perks, which are more important to us.. [/SIZE] Edited by serendipity1499

[quote name='summersigh']At the risk of sounding dense ... when we looked into some Med cruising we saw a "Collector" that was comprised of 2 separate/consecutive/different trips out of Rome that we could have booked separately or together as a "Collector's".

Still not sure how they're different from a B2B which is also 2 separate/consecutive/different trips??? :confused:[/QUOTE]

[B] If you only book one segment, you have booked "a" cruise.
If you book two segments that are offered as a Collector's cruise, you have booked one cruise.

If you book two (or more) segments of cruises that are not offered as Collectors, you have booked b-to-b.

Not all consecutive cruises are offered as Collector's but just about all consecutive cruises would be available as b-to-b. As stated above, there is a small discount for Collector's that is not offered for b-to-b.

[/B]

Our upcoming B2B on the Nieuw Amsterdam is a Collector's Cruise, according to the Holland America website and Cruise Atlas. Since we just completed a week on the NA, we will be able to see if there are any noticeable differences.

I suppose, according to Sail7seas' post above that we're really on a Collector's Cruise and not a B2B. However, B2B is soooo much easier to type, so I sticking with that. (Cue evil laughter.) Buwahahaha! Edited by POA1

[quote name='POA1']Our upcoming B2B on the Nieuw Amsterdam is a Collector's Cruise, according to the Holland America website and Cruise Atlas. Since we just completed a week on the NA, we will be able to see if there are any noticeable differences.

I suppose, according to Sail7seas' post above that we're really on a Collector's Cruise and not a B2B. However, B2B is soooo much easier to type, so I sticking with that. (Cue evil laughter.) Buwahahaha![/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Do you have one booking number for your collectors cruise? If you do, it certainly is a collector cruise, if you have two different booking numbers then you have b2b cruises.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='PathfinderEss'][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Do you have one booking number for your collectors cruise? If you do, it certainly is a collector cruise, if you have two different booking numbers then you have b2b cruises.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Yep. One booking #. We know it's a Collector's Cruise, but B2B is in such common usage that we refer to the cruise that way.

[quote name='freestyling']We are also booked on the Collector's Cruise. I guess the discount was OK. not that worried about attending two mariner lunches. How many "tiles" can one household use :D.[/QUOTE]
It really depends on the size of your kitchen or bathroom.

[IMG]http://www.hollandamericablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/and-they-say-it-is-easy.jpg[/IMG]

The original article is here:

[url]http://www.hollandamericablog.com/2009/06/09/mariner-tiles-make-a-kitchen-makeover/[/url] Edited by POA1

[quote name='Ryndam2002']Thanks, POA1, for that link! I am considering using mine to tile a coffee table or something. I had thought about a kitchen or bath, but figured that might present a problem at resale time.[/quote]

I think you could be right. It's definitely a matter of taste - I don't find them that attractive and wouldn't want them on my wall. Coasters are fine.:D

[quote name='Lizzie68']I think you could be right. It's definitely a matter of taste - I don't find them that attractive and wouldn't want them on my wall. Coasters are fine.:D[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]I totally agree. We use ours as coasters but "no thanks" on a wall in the kitchen and bath. Not my taste. Blue is my least favorite color with which to decorate.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Tennessee Titan']Just returned from Nieuw Amsterdam Collector. Found out that when you attend the Mariner Award ceremony/ lunch on the first segment, you are not invited to the second segment. No notice, no details no apology. As a 4 star Mariner, I have always been invited in the past. A real slap in the face insult to Hal's most loyal guests.
[COLOR="Blue"]Just cancelled my future cruise booking, and am going to look elsewhere.[/COLOR]..[/QUOTE]

Seriously? This is such a horrible offense that you would overlook all the positives HAL offers for not getting an invitation to a "ceremony" that offers mediocre hors d'oeuvres and pedestrian champagne. Get real!

[quote name='iancal']What on earth is the big deal about a loyalty lunch? Rubber chicken and some ra ra zis boom bah from one of the staff.

You can get lunch anywhere. I cannot even imagine thinking about this twice.
You were probably better off with a quiet lunch by yourself.

Give HAL a break on this one. It is unfortunate that this is the memory of your cruise that seems to be paramount to you.[/quote]

iancal! You're so right and said it so well. We get invited to the brunch all the time (I have about 2,300 days and Chris has almost 2,900) We almost never go to the brunch - it's too early to eat and the menu is a tad too dull for us.

[quote name='Janet524']Seriously? This is such a horrible offense that you would overlook all the positives HAL offers for not getting an invitation to a "ceremony" that offers mediocre hors d'oeuvres and pedestrian champagne. Get real![/quote]
For the third (and last time I hope):
It was NOT about not getting invited. It was about the s***ty way Hal front office and GRM handled it....

Perhaps HAL will give you a complementary bottle of plonk or a $50. OBC on your next cruise.

But only if you change your mind and book another HAL cruise.

Not certain why this is such a big deal if, as you say, you will not be cruising on HAL again.

There must be some more polite/respectful cruise lines out there who send customers nice little notes.

[quote name='innlady1'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]I totally agree. We use ours as coasters but "no thanks" on a wall in the kitchen and bath. Not my taste. Blue is my least favorite color with which to decorate.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I use ours on our bedside tables for our morning coffee. It's nice to have a supply as periodically one gets knocked to the floor and breaks. We just take another out of inventory. They are just a nice little reminder of happy times.

[quote name='Tennessee Titan']Just returned from Nieuw Amsterdam Collector. Found out that when you attend the Mariner Award ceremony/ lunch on the first segment, you are not invited to the second segment. No notice, no details no apology. As a 4 star Mariner, I have always been invited in the past. A real slap in the face insult to Hal's most loyal guests.
Just cancelled my future cruise booking, and am going to look elsewhere...[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam November 2013 and March/April 2014, if you were in either the PS or a Deluxe Verandah like we were, we were not invited to the Second Suite cocktail parties on the second part of our Collector's cruises. It would have been nice to have met some of the new suite passengers.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=5]And we were only invited to second Mariner's brunch (not the first one). That didn't bother us as we don't go to the brunches any more.[/SIZE][/FONT]

When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam November 2013 and March/April 2014, if you were in either the PS or a Deluxe Verandah like we were, we were not invited to the Second Suite cocktail parties on the second part of our Collector's cruises. It would have been nice to have met some of the new suite passengers.

And we were only invited to second Mariner's brunch (not the first one). That didn't bother us as we don't go to the brunches any more.

KK

Missed you on the boards!

Glad you are back posting.

Happy Thanksgiving.

When we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam November 2013 and March/April 2014, if you were in either the PS or a Deluxe Verandah like we were, we were not invited to the Second Suite cocktail parties on the second part of our Collector's cruises. It would have been nice to have met some of the new suite passengers.

And we were only invited to second Mariner's brunch (not the first one). That didn't bother us as we don't go to the brunches any more.

My only collectors cruises have been on the Prinsedam (two collectors on that ship so far of 30 and 31 days) so I guess I chose wisely?

We were invited to both Mariners luncheons, suite receptions and suite luncheons.

Guess it varies by ships.

Mariners luncheon is not a break it or make it for me. But since they served two different menus and we had great tablemates, it was fun

My only collectors cruises have been on the Prinsedam (two collectors on that ship so far of 30 and 31 days) so I guess I chose wisely?

We were invited to both Mariners luncheons, suite receptions and suite luncheons.

Guess it varies by ships.

Mariners luncheon is not a break it or make it for me. But since they served two different menus and we had great tablemates, it was fun

Yes, it varies by ship. The Mariner Society says it isn't supposed to vary at all.

Yes, it varies by ship. The Mariner Society says it isn't supposed to vary at all.

The Mariner Society terms and conditions allow Holland America to change anything at any time for any reason. Some key points from http://www.hollandamerica.com/marinerSociety/Main.action :

Terms and Conditions Holland America Line's Mariner Society Rewards Program (the "Program") is operated by Holland America Line ("HAL"). HAL reserves the right to modify or terminate the Program, or to change the Terms & Conditions of participation and benefits of the Program, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice. Membership may be terminated at HAL's sole discretion...

All questions or disputes regarding the eligibility for the Program or provision of benefits will be resolved by HAL at its sole discretion. HAL will not be liable for refunds or for damages resulting from failure to deliver any of the Program benefits. Each Program member shall be responsible for advising the Mariner Society of contact information changes, and HAL shall have no liability for misdirected mail, or any consequences thereof. Other terms and conditions apply. Offer void where prohibited by law.