In 200 words or less, what was your best cruise itinerary?

StarSong

Mariner, 2009, Port Canaveral to Los Angeles. 46 days with the most amazing ports! Caribbean, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Peru, etc.

2nd favorite was Sydney to Hawaii to Vancouver last spring on Radiance. Bora Bora was paradise!

Sherri:)

My most recentlyRome/Naples/Messina/Malta/Corfu/Kotor/Venice*2/Split/Dubrovnik... absolute bucket list #1 itinerary ever.

Very close 2nd place Istanbul*2/Ephesus/Bodrum/Marmaris/Rhodes/Santorini/Mykonos/Athens/Crete.

3rd TA from San Juan PR/St Marten/Tenerife/Las Palmas/Lanzarote/Madeira/Malaga/Barcelona/Toulon/Livorno(Pisa)/Rome

Europe is magical, port intensive itineraries, unbelievable once-in-a-lifetime site seeing and history. You can see a zillion things in one trip... wake up one morning staring at Santorini from front deck, enjoy ship nightlife (dinner/show/nightclub/etc), wake up next day staring at Mykonos windmills, same thing all over, next day wake up visiting Parthenon. You just can't beat those Europe itineraries imo. But it's a very busy vacation, totally different the the Caribbean

In 2008, Radiance of the Seas. It was a round trip itinerary from San Diego, around the Hawaiian islands, and back. The southern California cruisers did not have to fly to our embarkation point and it had a great balance of port days and sea days. Many people I talk to wish Royal Caribbean would reinstate this itinetary.

I'm also a big fan of lots of sea days. We did a TA from Barcelona in November 2013. Loved Barcelona and found the days of endless ocean spectacularly relaxing.

Bonus: a westbound TA means that every couple of days the clocks move back an hour so there are several 25 hour days. I would think to be a big advantage over an eastbound TA from FL to Europe.

We're trying to figure out where to cruise next, which was part of my motivation for starting this thread. Keep 'em coming!

Vision 11 Days

2 Days at Sea

Antigua

St. Lucia

Barbados

St. Vincent

Bonaire

Aruba

2 Days at Sea

You got to relax, then island hop, and relax again before leaving for home.

We are doing a similar trip on Serenade in 2016. Just backwards, and replace St. Vincent with Grenada.

Edited by dsvd79

Radiance 2012 - circumnavigation of Australia plus New Zealand. Great balance of sea & port days, spectacular & varied scenery, friendly people. Aft corner cabin 1100, mesmerizing views of wake/sunrise/sunset/moonrise. Best ports (loved southern Australia ports of Adelaide, Esperance, Melbourne & Hobart plus the lovely city of Sydney with its spectacular sail-away), plus activities - Barrier Reef, kangaroos in the wild at Esperance National Park, great wine tasting in several ports, the breathtaking New Zealand fjords. A dream cruise itinerary that should be on every bucket list!

Southern Caribbean Re-po Cruise - San Juan to Bayonne, NJ. Highly recommend taking a cruise from a more southern embarkation port so you can see some other destinations.

* San Juan - beautiful, relaxing embarkation city. Spent two days pre-cruise.

* St Maarten - Maho beach with planes landing overhead. Relaxing and fun all in one.

* Charlotte Amalie - helmet dive. Incredibly cool.

* Tortola - My all time favorite port. Soggy Bottom bar on Jost van Dyke.

* Bermuda - Incredibly peaceful, beautiful, safe.

In 200 words or less, what was your best cruise itinerary?

And why?

My Panama Canal cruise in an forward facing balcony on the NCL Jade in February 2008.

Left on Saturday. One day at sea. Cabo. Puerto Vallarta. Arrival in Acapulco around lunch time the next day and over nighted in Acapulco. 2 1/2 days at sea. The PANAMA CANAL. Cartagena. Day at sea. Grand Cayman. Day at sea. Miami. Flew to sister's house on Friday. Spent the weekend with my nephews. Back at work on Monday.

Singapore to Hong Kong in 14 days with only 3 sea days. Flew to Siem Reap, spent 5 days there, then on to 4 days in Singapore, did the cruise, and then spent 4 days in Hong Kong Hooked us on Asia travel forever.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Viv0828

A place to feel small by the bigness of nature.

Absolutely nothing has topped it. No bands, no vendors, no fake experiences. Wildlife gets up close, the water is a spectacular blue and the Zodiac rides from ship to land are cold, drenching and thrilling.

Ooooo! Antarctica does sound majestic. What cruise line took you there?