NCl New promo starting tomorrow

aubreyc1988

My sailing went up slightly with the new promo but I was still much better off with the beverage package promo. I upgraded my cabin on the Epic from an MX to an MA mini suite and switched from the 10% OBC I had before to the beverage package. Netted out about $400 better than I would if I had kept the OBC and paid for the beverage package.

The deal even applies to last-minute cruises with rock-bottom pricing. Maybe the prices went up on other cruises, but for some lucky passengers, NCL is giving away free food and booze.

That's exactly the situation with the one I've had my eye on for a couple of months now... Absolutely no increase in price... SCORE!! :D

On phone with Costco now and holding while they talk to NCL.

Trying to book for Summer 2016, two H4 cabins on Breakaway.

Had this deal in August on Breakaway and loved the UBP and UDP. Didn't get the extra $300 so this will be even better!

I'll report back.

It is very interesting that the beverage package is not available on a 14 reposition cruise it tried to price. It is replaced with an air credit that is even less than the OBC offer.

I guess you know this so were just commenting. Even though some of the other cruises can be 14 days, so many of these are >14 days. I'm sure NCL doesn't want that bar tab!

Hi.

I'm being told only passengers 1-2 in a cabin have the UBP. NCL told me this morning all people over 21 now another rep is telling me only 1-2.

Does anyone know for sure?

I am told the UDP is for all people.

I'm being told only passengers 1-2 in a cabin have the UBP. NCL told me this morning all people over 21 now another rep is telling me only 1-2.

Does anyone know for sure?

The terms & conditions say for sure: "All 3-8 guests will receive a soda package." So only passengers 1 & 2 get the UBP. But you should ask if they will let you upgrade the other passengers to the UBP at a discount (corresponding to the price of the soda package).

Anyone else hear about the new promo that should be starting tomorrow?

Seems to be a pretty good deal

Pick 1 of 3 if in Oceanview/Balcony/Minisuite:

UBP

UDP

OBC

Pick all 3 if in Haven

I was going to do a RCI cruise, but who can beat that offer, definitely going to book my feb cruise with this deal, and maybe an open booking or two!

It is worth checking out! We just rebooked this morning under the new promo for our Escape sailing in February 2016. Since we originally booked the week they opened the Escape bookings no other promos have come close to our original rate. Rates have just gone up...up...up and with most we would have lost on OBC! :eek:

But this once is different. Since we were going to to UBP and UDP anyway - when you add that to our original booking the new promo actually saves us a little $$$ . All in all not a bad deal since it includes the UBP, UDP and $300.00 OBC - for our Haven cabin! ;) :D

The terms & conditions say for sure: "All 3-8 guests will receive a soda package." So only passengers 1 & 2 get the UBP. But you should ask if they will let you upgrade the other passengers to the UBP at a discount (corresponding to the price of the soda package).

If the passengers 3-8 are adults, will they be required to purchase the UBP? I thought everyone in the cabin had to purchase this?

If the passengers 3-8 are adults, will they be required to purchase the UBP? I thought everyone in the cabin had to purchase this?
The rule is that if one person purchases, everyone has to purchase. But with this deal, no one is purchasing anything… :D And they specifically say the other passengers (adult or not) get the soda package for free, so I would be very surprised if they forced them to purchase the UBP on top of that… But I'm just guessing here. First-hand reports would be welcome! Edited by hawkeyetlse

I am 50 days away from my trip and the price has dropped about $70 pp and they offer this package now. I called my TA and they can't get me anything! Oh well, it is what it is I suppose. I was hoping to get something at least but they say they would need to cancel and rebook but I would be charged a penalty of nearly $1000 to do this! I don't need unlimited booze that bad!

I'll ask but who the heck knows. Still on phone.

Does it say everyone in cabin gets UDP, since that is what I'm being told? THANK YOU.

The UDP is for all 10 of us so that will work well, although it kept us out of the Haven restaurant at dinners last summer. We used the restaurant for breakfast and lunch but didn't get to eat there for dinner. Maybe I'll incorporate that into our agenda for next trip.

Edited by js

Ask them if they will let you pay to upgrade to a higher category, maybe that will make you eligible (don't count on it, but worth a shot?)

i asked and the answer was no. upgraded rooms don't count towards this promo.

it's based on the room that was originally booked. :(

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44987983&postcount=17

Edited by fstuff1

Doesn't this go against the terms of the UBP, where all adults are required to have the UBP? Or do you think NCL is just not concerned with the sharing?

Number of 3rd-8th adult passengers in any cabin is relatively low on any cruise - completely different situation than having one of the first two persons in cabin not paying for the package. So no, they do not care about that - the crew will still monitor sharing of drinks onboard.

Doesn't this go against the terms of the UBP, where all adults are required to have the UBP? Or do you think NCL is just not concerned with the sharing?

I stayed in the Haven in August. We were six in the cabin, 4 adults and there was this special too and we ALL got the UBP and passengers 1-2 got the UDP.