How long before Carnival goes to the wrist bands

CJHAN

I would like the wrist bands. I think they would be cool as an option, I like the concept of magic bands and being as hands free as possible. Things around my neck bother me, so a lanyard is out, but if I don't wanna lug around my wallet I'm worried that my card will fall out of my pocket or I'll accidentally demagnetize it by my phone or my kindle.

I hope not. My wrists are tiny and typically nothing fits. Also, as someone mentioned earlier, it starts to feel icky after a few days.

Disney's Magic Bands are sized to fit all wrists from little kids to large adults so they can be adjusted to fit you.

The last thing I want when walking around in port - especially in a place like Europe - would be a wristband that screams "Cruise Passenger Tourist Right Here!"

The good thing about the Magic Bands versus regular wristbands is that they are removable so you can take them off whenever you want so you don't have to wear them in ports or on formal night, etc. You can keep them in your purse, pocket, or put them on a tote bag. They are also waterproof.

They haven't figured out electronic photos yet so I doubt they will do this anytime soon.

I think they figured out they are better off keeping it the same way it is now. They sell more pictures that way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I just got back from WDW a couple of weeks ago and think the magic bands are great. They are rubber, sturdy, adjustable for all and don't get "icky". We never had an issue with them and it's great having your credit card, room key, magic maker photo pass, fast passes, and reservations linked to them. Imagine showing up at embark not having to get FTTF with your wristband always programmed how you want it and being able to breeze onto the ship in a few minutes.

I would bet Carnival goes to them completely within 10 years. They will save so much time and money in the long run.

I've used payment wristbands at many 3 and 4 day concert festivals and love them. But on a cruise they would have definitely have to be removable and I would assume that every bar server would carry some type of scanner to read your wristband? Is this how it works at Disney?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got back from WDW a couple of weeks ago and think the magic bands are great. They are rubber, sturdy, adjustable for all and don't get "icky". We never had an issue with them and it's great having your credit card, room key, magic maker photo pass, fast passes, and reservations linked to them. Imagine showing up at embark not having to get FTTF with your wristband always programmed how you want it and being able to breeze onto the ship in a few minutes.

I would bet Carnival goes to them completely within 10 years. They will save so much time and money in the long run.

Based upon everything I have seen and read, I do not need or want them to know by every move on the ship. There is enough big brother things in life without wristbands to see where you are on the ship.

I worry they could be a safety issue.

Nothing says, "Hi I'm a tourist please mug me." like a wristband.

I always thought it was funny seeing all of the MagicBands when at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure or even in airports far away from MCO.

Edited by Disconnections

I suspect in 10 years they'll be using implantable RIF chips and DNA scanners and people will be in awe of the technology that allows big brother to track our every move and report it to the authorities on our Iphone 27's. ;)

Edited by travler27

I think they figured out they are better off keeping it the same way it is now. They sell more pictures that way.

Its possible. Anything you can point me to where you got your info. I am not saying you are wrong, I would like to check the data you saw.

I would like the wrist bands. I think they would be cool as an option, I like the concept of magic bands and being as hands free as possible. Things around my neck bother me, so a lanyard is out, but if I don't wanna lug around my wallet I'm worried that my card will fall out of my pocket or I'll accidentally demagnetize it by my phone or my kindle.

Wrist bands might be cool. But I really wanted to find out where did your review go? Was most interested in getting to the end of your finely told tale...:confused:

It would be my last cruise on Carnival...

Yes, I am a dork with it hanging around my neck, but that is for convenience and I can hide it when needed.

Wristbands are for kids and inmates...

However, I do believe they can cut the S&S cards down to like a store card sized for keychain, lanyard, chain, clip etc.

We can tap/scan and go, instead of swipe/insert..

Sail_and_Sign_Card.jpg

Wristbands for kids/inmates. Post of the day. Hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to wear a wrist band. I don't know how parents keep them on the kids.

Agreed! My kids hate them. We often have to go get replacements when they finally come off after them tugging at them too much.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Its possible. Anything you can point me to where you got your info. I am not saying you are wrong, I would like to check the data you saw.

I will try and find it. It was not here (or even a post here referencing something else). I can't really. Recall, but will look. It stuck out at the time because I was shocked that it could possibly be true (cheaper to print vs some facial recognition technology).

Does anyone think carnival will go to the wristbands like Disneyworld? I think the disney ships are making the move as well as RCCL. If you dont know what I'm talking about basically its a band that opens your door has all your info so you can make purchases it very convenient and less likely to be lost then the current SS card. What do you guys think.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Forums mobile app

I can't stand the thought of even thinking I have to wear a wrist band.

I do like Disney's method of having one card for your hotel, the parks, and the ships. I also like their method of moving your luggage from you room to the ship. From the airport to your hotel. From your stateroom to the airport. Walking onto and off their ships thinking you're the only one doing it.

Fun post to read. Conspiracy theories, inmates, tan lines, and so on.

Some fun facts:

1. Removable. Theses are not pieces of paper, but rubber wearable ID cards.

2. No identifying items on the wristband. If you loose it, no one will know your room number.

3. Convenient. How many "females" have a way to carry a card?

4. Safety. How many people leave their cards on their chair? now you can wear a waterproof ID on your wrist.

5. Safety. Yes, big brother is watching, but it can possibly find a lost person, or Kid.

6. Choice. Everyplace that has these offer it as a choice.

Funny things stated. Kids won't wear them. They will most likely not lose them easily either like their room key. Kids adapt much better than people think. If they want to get into their room, they will wear it. Best motivation ever.

Tan lines....So remove it when you are tanning. (simple solution)

Big brother is watching......duh, look at all the cameras on the ship!

Won't match my dress.....really? It's tan, and removable. Just think. If you have a clutch bag, with your makeup, than you carry it in your bag! When you go dancing later, you don't need you bag, so you wear it, so you don't lose it!

Don't worry folks, Carnival is not known to roll out anything new and it will be very unlikely Carnival will do this.....it cost money.

Don't worry folks, Carnival is not known to roll out anything new and it will be very unlikely Carnival will do this.....it cost money.

I'm not too sure. You should take a look at who was recently recruited to Carnival Corporation and who applied for the patent on behalf of the Walt Disney Company.

No further comment from me.

Edited by Disconnections