Maasdam made for a great vacation Montreal to Boston last August.

don2738

Took me a while to get around to this, but I made a webpage so I could put in video, large photos, google interactive maps to the pier in Montreal and Boston, and do the Maasdam justice.

I've taken about a dozen cruises now, and this my new favorite ship. I found the small size to be a real plus, but still lots of ship! Loved the busy St. Lawrence and small city / town ports we visited.

If you are considering the Maasdam Canada / New England cruise, check out my lengthy review at:

http://www.dwdav.com/maasdam2/maasdam5.html

I hope it helps you decide if this is the ship and cruise for you.

Photo: Maasdam in Quebec City

IMG_3308.JPG

Outstanding photography and excellent review! We did the reverse, Boston to Montreal, last May. Looks like you had MUCH better weather! Guess we'll just have to do it again… later in the season next time! :p Glad you had a great trip and thanks for sharing your link!

What a fantastic review and your photos are just beautiful. This cruise is definitely on my bucket list. The ship itself looks wonderful, so far have only cruised with HAL on the Nieuw Amsterdam and have an upcoming cruise booked on the Statendam. Glad you enjoyed the cruise and thanks for posting.

Thank you so much for posting this. We did the same cruise exactly 1 year before you did (we even ran into the same marathon in Quebec City - I had forgotten about it until I saw your video!)

It brought back great memories - it reminded me that we have to do this itinerary again...and soon!

Thank you so much for posting this. We did the same cruise exactly 1 year before you did (we even ran into the same marathon in Quebec City - I had forgotten about it until I saw your video!)

It brought back great memories - it reminded me that we have to do this itinerary again...and soon!

We also were in Quebec City on Marathon Sunday morning. I had forgotten also until this review. :)

We weren't sure we'd like the "small" ship feel, until we went on the Maasdam 11 night Caribbean cruise last April. We loved it so much we're on the 14 night April one this year! Now seeing your pictures, we may have to take her on that itinerary, too.