Booking Nachi Cocom or Mr. Sanchos

pajazz28

I prefer mr. Sanchos or paradise.

I have been to all three. My experience at Nachi was the worst.

1. poor attitude- wouldn't accept credit card . agreed via email, but then only wanted cash

2. seaweed all over the chairs and the front beach line. because it was poor weather and small crowd- didn't clean it up.

3. isolated- really can't walk to the other resort areas

4. only liked the guac- hated the other food. Used to great mexican food in Los Angeles

5. very small beach area.

I know it is tough to decide- good luck. if it is a sunny day it is a win-win!

Sorry you had a bad experience - we've had nothing but positive experiences at Nachi; great service, great food, always clean, big enough beach area, and once we are there we don't want to walk to other resorts. :)

When pulling up to Nachi, it looks a little run down, but we thought everything else was clean and well taken care of. We loved it there. There were probably only 30 people on the beach and a few in the pool. Our waiter was very attentive -- my DH never had to actually ask for a beer. (Nachi also had the only guacamole I have ever liked)

Sorry you had a bad experience.

I think that this is where I'm looking at for us to go when we stop then on the NOS in mid October.....soooo looking forward to it!

Glad to hear that the service and food is good!! How's the swimming/beach?

Since Nachi is all-inclusive, are you expected to tip the servers?

Yes! We always tip our servers 15-20% of the $55 admission and I give the bartenders a few extra bucks for putting up with me while I practice my Spanish at the swim-up bar.

We enjoyed Nachi beach on our last visit to Cozumel. However, we decided to try Mr Santos this time. I would like to try some of the activities...maybe parasailing, jetskiing or the stand up paddleboard. We have reservations for the AI side but not for any of the activities. We just can't decide.... Do we really need reservations ahead of time or can we just walk up and decide that day? What are the chances they sell out for these activities? Also has anyone tried the fish spa?

We will be returning for the third time to Nachi in April. It is clean, the service is the best and everthing we had to eat and drink was great!!!!

Be sure to order a Dirty Monkey......Yummy.....:D

Edited by GTO-Girl

Are there standup paddle boards at Nachi? And to verify: Nachi is all-inclusive, right? How much is it per person and does it include food? Drinks? What activities?

I emailed Nachi about paddleboards/kayaks last week. Here is the answer I got:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings from sunny Cozumel!!

Thanks for your interest in our beach club Nachicocom.

We have kayaks and paddleboards to rent in Nachicocom.

but I regret not being able to give more information, because that service is provided by a separate supplier.

But on arrival at the club you can request more information at the dive shop.

We renewed our vows and had a wonderful day at Nachi. But each morning they rake the beach because it does get dirty overnight. I would imagine that if they were short staffed it might be dirty. We also would never go without swimming shoes to any of these beaches. One of my kids brought a used medical shot with needle out of the water. Again this could happen on any of the beaches and I do not blame Nachi since they have no control what gets thrown in the water from who knows where.

The food was really good and the service beyond expectations.

This trip we are hitting Mr. Sanchos because we have 2 teens with us and I prefer to pay for the water park then all the extras at other places.

I emailed Nachi about paddleboards/kayaks last week. Here is the answer I got:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Greetings from sunny Cozumel!!

Thanks for your interest in our beach club Nachicocom.

We have kayaks and paddleboards to rent in Nachicocom.

but I regret not being able to give more information, because that service is provided by a separate supplier.

But on arrival at the club you can request more information at the dive shop.

I got a little more info.

Paddle boards are $35/hr through a third party at Nachi.

Kayaks are through a separate 3rd party, so I didn't get a price there.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Nachi the last two times we cruised to Cozumel (2009 and 2013). We are going back again in a few months. We love it there. Beautiful beach, great service and people, nice pool, and plenty to do. The food and drinks was very good. The only allow a max of 100 people but it was never over 40 each time we were there. Loved it.

Stay away from Nachi. Last year we had the worst ever experience there. The place was run down and dirty. The staff was threatening. Stay away.

I have to agree with it being very uncomfortable. You deive past Paradise which has beautiful grounds and Nachi is overrun with weeds. Staff at front very unwelcoming and demanding you take a pic with their sombrero. No thanks. Hard to get waited on. Fajitas were so tough and the salsa extremely spicy, too spicy to eat. Bathrooms very dirty.

Had a much better time at Mr. Sanchos.

Never experienced any of that at NAchi. Try were very friendly and the food was great. The grounds were very well kept. Must have been an off day.

Go to TripAdvisor and see how high they are rated. I have a friend d down there this week on the Magic. Will see what they say.

Never experienced any of that at NAchi. Try were very friendly and the food was great. The grounds were very well kept. Must have been an off day.

Go to TripAdvisor and see how high they are rated. I have a friend d down there this week on the Magic. Will see what they say.

BrotherCraig - please update when your friend gets back. Thanks!

Although it has been 4 years since we personally have been to Nachi we have had friends there recently. We had a great time and they did as well on their recent visit. Service was great, food and drinks were amazing and I never saw anything dirty. Yes they only take cash but that is on your confirmation. Yes they stop you to take a pic with sombreros on. Who cares it's all part of the experience. We bought that picture and it sits on the mantle next to our Cabo and Jamaica pictures. We are going there in April and can't wait!

I have to agree with it being very uncomfortable. You deive past Paradise which has beautiful grounds and Nachi is overrun with weeds. Staff at front very unwelcoming and demanding you take a pic with their sombrero. No thanks. Hard to get waited on. Fajitas were so tough and the salsa extremely spicy, too spicy to eat. Bathrooms very dirty.

Had a much better time at Mr. Sanchos.

Sorry you had a bad experience - we've been to Nachi several times and, except for a bland parking lot - who cares? -- have never experienced what you report. Great food/drinks/service - we love it! :)