Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

I personally also see this happening, that Ovation sails the 7 nighters during summer and 6-8 around winter... [emoji5]️

Just thought of something... What if Ovation did the 6/8 night itineraries throughout the summer and winter, instead of just winter. That would be great for me. :) Just a thought, but from what I've read, the seem pretty popular.

Just thought of something... What if Ovation did the 6/8 night itineraries throughout the summer and winter, instead of just winter. That would be great for me. :) Just a thought, but from what I've read, the seem pretty popular.

I like the 6/8 night rotation and would fully support Ovation doing it. I typically take 7 night cruises, and only do a longer cruise every few years, but love 8 night sailings. Still convenient for most people who could otherwise pull 7 nights, and when you're on board that extra night feels sooo good :p

When will the itinaries for 2016 in Asia be announced, with "Future Deployment" no fixed date was put in place.

If I recall it looks like the following ships will be in Asia during the Summer season 2016?:?

• Quantum
  • Voyager
  • Mariner
  • Explorer

It would be nice to see some longer Japan / China cruises, similar to the offering of Celebrity with overnight stops etc.

Also add Legend to the list. She's in Brisbane November 2015-April 2016 and then repositions to Hong Kong arriving May 2016 and that is as far as is available to see "officially". She'll be returning to Australia for 2016/2017 Australian Summer if the Cairns port schedule is to be believed (Legend docks there on 1 Nov 2016 8am-5pm), so would have to be spending May 2016-Nov 2016 somewhere in Asia. Mind you, timing seems a bit off since Legend is supposedly docking at Darwin 31 Oct 2016 and I don't think even Legend will make it from Darwin to Cairns in a night ;).

There's a chance Quantum may follow Voyager and Explorer by doing Australian/New Zealand sailings for part of the year, rather than staying in Asia year-round. A New Zealand news website, Otago Daily Times, reported in 2014 that simulations were being conducted at Dunedin to determine if a Quantum-class vessel could dock there. Although it does say ships of this size are expected in 2017, not 2016.

Digging all the different Royal Caribbean ships that have been/are coming to the Australian region, by the way. It is great to be able to 'mix it up' by so far sailing on a different ship out of Australia from RCI's fleet each time I do get to cruise!

I had suggested something similar a few weeks ago with the Anthem bookings showing at Grand Cayman for 2016-17. This could be for Ovation or Anthem. The 14 day rotation there could fit the 6/8 pattern as well as be 7 night sailings.

The problem with all of these ports is that even when they update the RCI bookings remain the same even after the updates and do not give indication of any actual changes being made.

Grand Cayman show Indy, even though she should be heading to Europe, for instance.

1. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Nov 3 2016 8:00AM Nov 3 2016 5:00PM

2. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Nov 15 2016 8:00AM Nov 15 2016 5:00PM

3. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Nov 29 2016 8:00AM Nov 29 2016 5:00PM

4. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Dec 13 2016 8:00AM Dec 13 2016 5:00PM

5. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Dec 15 2016 8:00AM Dec 15 2016 5:00PM

6. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Dec 27 2016 8:00AM Dec 27 2016 5:00PM

7. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Jan 10 2017 8:00AM Jan 10 2017 5:00PM

8. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Jan 24 2017 8:00AM Jan 24 2017 5:00PM

9. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Jan 28 2017 8:00AM Jan 28 2017 5:00PM

10. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Feb 7 2017 8:00AM Feb 7 2017 5:00PM

11. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Feb 21 2017 8:00AM Feb 21 2017 5:00PM

12. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Mar 7 2017 8:00AM Mar 7 2017 5:00PM

13. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Mar 21 2017 8:00AM Mar 21 2017 5:00PM

14. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Mar 23 2017 8:00AM Mar 23 2017 5:00PM

15. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Apr 4 2017 8:00AM Apr 4 2017 5:00PM

16. Anthem of the Seas Royal Caribbean Cruises 4,100 4,100 Apr 18 2017 8:00AM Apr 18 2017 5:00PM

I find the 'mystery ship' booked only now as 'RESERVED' at Portland, Maine interesting. It seems like an awfully large ship to be booked for that port.

http://www.cruiseportlandmaine.com/why-cruise-here/cruise-schedule/2016-2/

While not matching perfectly, I was wondering if that could be a Quantum Class ship. They show 4974 for maximum passengers and then 1480 crew.

This is just off for Quantum total passengers of 4905 passengers and 1500 crew.

The only ship I could find referenced with those exact numbers was the Costa Diadema which should be based in Europe.

Looking at celebrity cruises they usually have two ships in the uk, one in Southampton and one in Harwich. next year they only have one sailing from Southampton. Could it be that there will be two royal ships sailing from Harwich? one doing a British isles type itinerary and one doing the fjords, Scandinavian and Russian ports?

Looking at celebrity cruises they usually have two ships in the uk, one in Southampton and one in Harwich. next year they only have one sailing from Southampton. Could it be that there will be two royal ships sailing from Harwich? one doing a British isles type itinerary and one doing the fjords, Scandinavian and Russian ports?

I had been thinking the RCI might pull out of Harwich as well.

One of the Adventure bookings in Norway showed the ship coming from Southampton.

Brilliance sailings in Norway and Skagen, Denmark have been cancelled and the ship appears to be deployed from Barcelona and not Harwich, even though they did not change anything at some ports yet..

They alternate sailings between MED, Baltic and Fjord sailings along with Canary Island sailings for the most part which allow for B2B options.

It is now unclear if Navigator has replaced Adventure at many ports or whether they will both be UK based along with Independence from Southampton.

Adventure shows calls at Flam in 2016.

The port calendar confuses things by showing 2015 instead of 2016 for dates in the 2016 calendar, but many of the ships are new for that season that appear on the list along with Adventure.

http://aurlandhavn.no/cruise/skipsanlop-2016/

Makes me wonder if the Adventure will do a Norwegian Fjord cruise...... And it makes me believe what has been said a dozen of times before, that the Freedom will replace the Adventure in Puerto Rico. Argggg, the wait is killing me..... :D

Cindy

I had been thinking the RCI might pull out of Harwich as well.

One of the Adventure bookings in Norway showed the ship coming from Southampton.

Brilliance sailings in Norway and Skagen, Denmark have been cancelled and the ship appears to be deployed from Barcelona and not Harwich, even though they did not change anything at some ports yet..

They alternate sailings between MED, Baltic and Fjord sailings along with Canary Island sailings for the most part which allow for B2B options.

It is now unclear if Navigator has replaced Adventure at many ports or whether they will both be UK based along with Independence from Southampton.

To me it seems that Navigator will take over all Europe cruises from Southampton in 2016, at first planned for Adventure.

I could imagine that Adventure either stays in the US or might sail the Harwich sailings, but I do not see Adventure, Navigator and Indy sailing from Southampton - so IMHO Adventure is one of the last options for Harwich, if Brilliance will not sail from there...

But I do not really understand - Le Havre and Copenhagen are still listing Brilliance throughout summer 2016... and the schedules were updtaed in February... :confused::confused::confused:

- Le Havre and Copenhagen are still listing Brilliance throughout summer 2016... and the schedules were updtaed in February... :confused::confused::confused:

But the updates did not make any changes. Le Havre seems to just add ships without removing others. Copenhagen RCI bookings were the same from the November update to the February update from what I could tell. No real updates or changes, or was Adventure an addition there?

The changes at Riviera Ports, Palma and Gibraltar and Funchal actually involved removing one ship and booking another and thus the belief that this is more factual even though it may prove not to be.

While Funchal does still show an Adventure call on a TA in May, I had thought that was a mistake as well and that Navigator had taken Adventures place.

But the updates did not make any changes. Le Havre seems to just add ships without removing others. Copenhagen RCI bookings were the same from the November update to the February update from what I could tell. No real updates or changes, or was Adventure an addition there?

The changes at Riviera Ports, Palma and Gibraltar and Funchal actually involved removing one ship and booking another and thus the belief that this is more factual even though it may prove not to be.

While Funchal does still show an Adventure call on a TA in May, I had thought that was a mistake as well and that Navigator had taken Adventures place.

In fact that's right, that the other ships are not going to be removed, sadly - that causes some confusion... :rolleyes:

Yes, there the Med ports are more reliable, they have swapped out the ships, as you pointed out correctly.

Sure the Adventure call at Funchal is a mistake.

But I would be wondering if RCI cancelled the Harwich cruises fully for 2016 - are they not selling well enough?

Does it mean that RCI is also down one ship in Canada/NE in 2016? :(

Edited by celebrity_fan

In fact that's right, that the other ships are not going to be removed, sadly -

Does it mean that RCI is also down one ship in Canada/NE in 2016? :(

RCI have only Serenade and Grandeur currently booked at Portland, Maine for the Canada/NE 2016 season.

There is a ship booked only as 'RESERVED' with no ship name. This ship calls on August, 28th, Sept. 11th and 25th and October 9th.

This might be Ovation taking Liberty's place. Liberty is not returning.

They have not booked Brilliance as they did in 2015 at Portland yet.

RCI have only Serenade and Grandeur currently booked at Portland, Maine for the Canada/NE 2016 season.

There is a ship booked only as 'RESERVED' with no ship name. This ship calls on August, 28th, Sept. 11th and 25th and October 9th.

This might be Ovation taking Liberty's place. Liberty is not returning.

They have not booked Brilliance as they did in 2015 at Portland yet.

Yeah or the 4th ship ooerating for RCI im Canada/NE just dös not stop st Portland. But RCI needs a ship sailing between Cape Liberty and Quebec!? [emoji15]

Yeah the ship listed as RESERVED should be Anthem or Ovation, but IMHO first one is more likely...

Or will the Quebec sailings be dropped down as we'll??? :( :(

Edited by celebrity_fan

Yeah or the 4th ship ooerating for RCI im Canada/NE just dös not stop st Portland. But RCI needs a ship sailing between Cape Liberty and Quebec!? [emoji15]

Yeah the ship listed as RESERVED should be Anthem or Ovation, but IMHO first one is more likely...

Or will the Quebec sailings be dropped down as we'll??? :( :(

OK. They have Liberty, Grandeur, Brilliance and Serenade for 2015 booked at Portland now, though.

With Ovation and Harmony coming out at the same time then I am guessing one of them will sail in Europe while the other sails from Florida. Best of both worlds.

[url]http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1130/new-generation-oasis-class-ship-harmony-of-the-seas-unveils-new-thrills-and-adventures/[/url]

[quote name='Elizanessie']With Ovation and Harmony coming out at the same time then I am guessing one of them will sail in Europe while the other sails from Florida. Best of both worlds.

[url]http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1130/new-generation-oasis-class-ship-harmony-of-the-seas-unveils-new-thrills-and-adventures/[/url][/QUOTE]

Very interesting... They're doubling down on the Bionic Bar. I wonder what it will replace on the promenade.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

[quote name='Dave85']Very interesting... They're doubling down on the Bionic Bar. I wonder what it will replace on the promenade.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Champagne Bar perhaps ?

Have to admit I am very surprised they are adding the Bionic Bar to Harmony.

[quote name='marquisite'][/quote]

Yes, you are right, I forgot about Legend.

I would be really surprised to see Quantum in Australia / New Zealand within the next couple of years considering that Quantum will be fine tuned to the Asian market; signage, dining, Shopping, entertainment, etc.

[quote name='John&LaLa']Guest Services[/QUOTE]

I guess that's one way to handle guest complaints... Don't like Dynamic Dining? Here, talk to Freddie the robot, he'll mix you a good stiff drink.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app Edited by Dave85

[quote name='LXA350']Yes, you are right, I forgot about Legend.

I would be really surprised to see Quantum in Australia / New Zealand within the next couple of years considering that Quantum will be fine tuned to the Asian market; signage, dining, Shopping, entertainment, etc.[/QUOTE]

I personally would also doubt to see Quantum coming to Australia in near future - you ponited out correctly, she surely will be modified for the Asian market.
Same happened to Mariner otS, when she was sent to Asia, and she has not been to Australia/NZ since that time.

So I personally see the Explorer, Voyager and Navigator (from Nov. 2016) sailing Australia itineraries, as well as Legend, and surely Radiance as well...

BTW: it was announced today that also the new itineraries for Harmony and Ovation will be announced next month... can't wait! [emoji5]

So excited to see the new itineraries. With all these new ships, I'm really hoping Royal adds atleast one to two new itineraries in the Caribbean. I would love a 9/5 night schedule from PE or PC (year round), doesn't even have to be on one of the new ships. I know its a stretch, but I can only hope!

Btw, I'm also surprised the Bionic Bar will be added to Harmony. That seems to go better with the "Smart Ships" in the Q Class. I wonder if Harmony's style will be more similar to Q's (modern, sleek, brown/blue colors, etc) instead of the traditional Royal Caribbean styles and colors that are on Oasis and Allure.

[quote name='OfTheSeasCruiser']
Btw, I'm also surprised the Bionic Bar will be added to Harmony. That seems to go better with the "Smart Ships" in the Q Class. I wonder if Harmony's style will be more similar to Q's (modern, sleek, brown/blue colors, etc) instead of the traditional Royal Caribbean styles and colors that are on Oasis and Allure.[/QUOTE]

I was on both the Oasis and Quantum TA sailings and just from the perspective of internet connection, the Oasis was 'smarter' than Q.

I would think the Bionic Bar might be placed on deck 6 across from the Schooner bar as I know they plan to greatly reduce the 'footprint' of the Focus photo shops on all the ships like they have done on Quantum.

I am not sure if the Royal promenade includes only deck 5, but it would seem to include the area of deck 6 above the promenade.