Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

I haven't seen any info on the return to San Juan yet for 2016. But I am watching as diligently as last year. If they return to the west coast for fall 2016, we are hoping they will have at least one 7 day to Mexico so we can do a B2B. DW is pushing for Europe, and I want to do the canal...so we'll see.

Post 731 has the port schedule

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

This one is very interesting here!! :eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2174992

Both Anthem and Quantum from Southampton, I personally cannot believe... :confused:

But the article states that both sail from there next year... interesting...

Well that's almost impossible since Q will be in China. Unless they're talking about Anthem and Ovation, but IMO the chance of that happening is slim to none.

Well that's almost impossible since Q will be in China. Unless they're talking about Anthem and Ovation, but IMO the chance of that happening is slim to none.

I am the same opinion, and Quantum I would exclude since she is in Asia and will also be modified for that market.

I personally do not see two Q Class ships sailing from Southampton, since Anthem is not as selling well as expected.

For me it is not sure if there will be even ONE Q Class ship from Southampton in 2016?!

I personally do not see two Q Class ships sailing from Southampton, since Anthem is not as selling well as expected.

For me it is not sure if there will be even ONE Q Class ship from Southampton in 2016?!

I agree with you, that makes virtually no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

As far as I can tell Rome Ports has not been updated for a while but this booking on the departures only must have been booked for a reason.

15/03/2016 19:00 QUANTUM OF THE SEAS 13(S) BARCELLONA NAPOLI Liner

That's an odd time for Quantum to be in Europe. But haven't all itineraries up to Apr 2016 been released at this point?

This one is very interesting here!! :eek:

Both Anthem and Quantum from Southampton, I personally cannot believe... :confused:

But the article states that both sail from there next year... interesting...

See post #7 from RCI on the thread below.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Oooooo - how soon is soon? The current UK sale finishes tomorrow so I am hoping for some news then. Last year there were e-brochures on the European sailings around 2 weeks in advance of the deployment release. Is that usual? If so again tomorrow is 2 weeks before 16th March so I am hopeful.

Article here in theUK press regarding Southapton sailings http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/cruises/cruise-news/11437870/New-cruise-ship-will-be-worlds-largest.html

Maybe if they lowered the Anthem pricing more of us Brits would sail on it. £6500 for three during the Summer months is ridiculous, especially when some of those days are spent in cold choppy waters. I can go to Disney for less across the pond.

Great job SpringAussie! But this sounds a little weird to me... if these dates stay as is it means Jewel would leave Seattle for a 6 to 8 day repo (like this coming season) from Seattle down to LA approx Sept 25. That's a little late into the Alaska season. ie. Jewel makes her way down from Seattle Sept 18 this year.

So either Jewel stays an extra week in Alaska (feasible, especially with Seattle/Vancouver/West Coast superb weather in Sept) or she does a 14 day itinerary to get to LA... how about Vancouver to LA via Hawaii!!!!! :D (ok ok, I know... dreaming again... sigh:rolleyes:)

Maybe Jewel goes via Hawaii.

or

The Jewel booking is actually Radiance and does a minor dry dock in Victoria before California cruises.

We wish that RCI would do some regular 'Grand Cruises' like the around the world cruises, South America & Africa circumnavigations that HAL & Princess do.

Also, It would be nice if RCI did a detailed Japan cruise from/return to Tokyo (without having to go to China)

I am also hopeing for longer Japan Cruises, ideally round trip from Tokyo or at least either one way begining or ending the cruise there. With Mariner, Voyager and Explorer being in Asia for summer 2016 I really hope for some nice longer Japan Cruises offered by them. I am not counting on Quantum as they are focusing to do shorter cruises with her.

I would love to sail one of the 9N ABC island cruises!

Me too! If they offer more sailings maybe the prices will come down. I should have booked one right away instead of hesitating! I won't let that happen again if offered :)

Anybody think that they'll put a third ship in PC again to do the itineraries like Explorer is doing right now? I would love to sail one of the 9N ABC island cruises!

Would love to see that!:)

It just dawned on me...

Last year's delay in deployment announcements, in part, was sending Q to China seemingly last minute and sending a ripple effect out from there (Liberty to Bayonne, etc). We all believe one of the biggest factors was not only the highly publicized booming "Asian Economy", but also the fact that Bermuda was delaying (or plain disallowing) dredging to allow Quantum to fit.

Fast forward to today a year later... getting really close to deployment news. RCL once again announcing deployments later than other lines. Once again no commitment from Bermuda.

If no commitment from Bermuda within the next month (very likely imo), would... could... RCI pull Anthem out of Bayonne as well?

It just dawned on me...

Last year's delay in deployment announcements, in part, was sending Q to China seemingly last minute and sending a ripple effect out from there (Liberty to Bayonne, etc). We all believe one of the biggest factors was not only the highly publicized booming "Asian Economy", but also the fact that Bermuda was delaying (or plain disallowing) dredging to allow Quantum to fit.

Fast forward to today a year later... getting really close to deployment news. RCL once again announcing deployments later than other lines. Once again no commitment from Bermuda.

If no commitment from Bermuda within the next month (very likely imo), would... could... RCI pull Anthem out of Bayonne as well?

Guess that the answer is yes. We will see shortly.