Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

The St. Maarten Port schedule has Freedom calling there on a Sunday, which seems like she will be departing SJ on Saturdays. A Sunday call is impossible from a FL port unless they leave on a Thurs, but I don't see that happening.

Plus, the port schedule has her in port all day. Royal hasn't had a ship calling in SJ for a full day in a long time.

Thanks!!

In fact Vision seems to come to europe.

Maybe the Miami sailings will be dropped?

Yes. That is my point. I posted about the Vision calls weeks ago and found her at Dubrovnik.

Now, I am wondering what this means for Miami. Not Vision.

I had thought that maybe the switch indicated Splendour deployment to Miami. None of the Caribbean ports have been updated for weeks.

They still show Indy at Grand Cayman even though she was found moving to Europe as well prior to the Vision deployment.

They are really doing things in a mysterious way.

They still show Brilliance on the updated Reykjavik schedule even though she is almost surely headed to Barcelona.

Brilliance does not show for Canada New England but shows returning to Tampa on the Funchal chart and would not do a northern TA.

So, at this rate they will have the actual itineraries out prior to finding what is happening with all these port schedules that for the most part seem misleading.

If the market for short cruises is indeed the first timer, why do it out of Miami anyway. Its been a while since I flew to Miami, but the airport was not as convenient as FLL. Short cruises are a waste of airfare anyway for many people. Is there any unused capacity in Jacksonville? You could pick up a lot of the southeastern population with an easy drive vs all the way to south FL.

Because the cruise is often booked combined with some time in the Keys or Miami.

Miami and PE complement each other and do not exclude each other.

Miami infrastructure was just greatly improved with a tunnel to the port area and PE is also soon to be greatly improved.

While international flights to FLL are improving, MIA is still the main south Florida entry point for all the nationalities that now make up a typical RCI sailing.

Keeping 3/4 day at Miami while continuing to have 4/5/6/7/8/9/11 and 12 or more day sailing from seems reasonable.

Yes. That is my point. I posted about the Vision calls weeks ago and found her at Dubrovnik.

Now, I am wondering what this means for Miami. Not Vision.

I had thought that maybe the switch indicated Splendour deployment to Miami. None of the Caribbean ports have been updated for weeks.

They still show Indy at Grand Cayman even though she was found moving to Europe as well prior to the Vision deployment.

They are really doing things in a mysterious way.

They still show Brilliance on the updated Reykjavik schedule even though she is almost surely headed to Barcelona.

Brilliance does not show for Canada New England but shows returning to Tampa on the Funchal chart and would not do a northern TA.

So, at this rate they will have the actual itineraries out prior to finding what is happening with all these port schedules that for the most part seem misleading.

What ship do you think will sail from Harwich then? Because according to the Le Havre schedule (accurate?), Brilliance appears to sail from Harwich. So that makes things even more confusing.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Lot's of activity the past day....

• From a selfish standpoint, that totally sucks re Splendour. I've never sailed on her and would've loved an opportunity. No way I'll be able to make it out to her in the next year and 1/2 under her current schedule.
  • Legend is next to be sold (CTrip?). We've discussed both Splendour and Legend in the past year on the other deployment thread and now it's coming true.
  • Miami... opens the door for a Voyager class ship for the 3/4 runs, possibly Enchantment down to Miami/Voyager up to PC in order to dock in Key West. Does RCI have any standing contracts with Key West and having to dock there over the next few years?
  • I just can't see Baltimore being abandoned, unlike the highly discounted NOLA fares Grandeur has seemed to always stay on the higher side of pricing, plus too big a population to leave. NOLA has the explanded Galveston close enough.
  • What about Bermuda? Especially if Bermuda doesn't dredge, I feel 110% RCI keeps a ship in Baltimore
  • Venice... the 95000 ton limit was postponed (again) this last spring with no timetable. I docked beside Silhouette & Equinox this past Sept so no problem for Voyager to get into Venice. But I just don't see that happening with 3 Voyager class ships in Asia/Oz. They need to be used elsewhere imho... not the ideal class of ship to go to Dubrovnik, Malta, etc for example. Navigator was highly discounted a couple of years ago on it's 7-day runs from Rome, always on the the Tuesday sale flyer and I remember seeing many $399 interiors available. Having sailed Voyager & Serenade in the Med, I feel that Vision & Radiance Class #1 choices for port intensive cruises in the Med.

Biggest question mark imo .... following up on my post from yesterday, I am feeling more and more we're going to see several surprises and last minute decisions based on Anthem possibly not being in Bayonne due to Bermuda, Anthem will go somewhere else, displacing that ship to somewhere else, displacing that 3rd ship to somewhere else.... and so on and so on.

It was clear that Goldstein said they will take the ships where the profits are. I'm not a pro at this... exactly where are the profits?? Miami? Rome? Shanghai? Where?? If all Anthem can provide is 7 day'ers to Nassau & Bahamas, I bet you those sailings will be very very empty in a short period of time and discounted. Perhaps all those place holders in Europe could be used for Anthem year round instead bringing back Adventure to Bayonne?!?!? Q Class the absolute perfect cold(er) weather ship with more outward focus than Radiance imho. Anthem can easily do anything Soltice/Freedom/Oasis class can do in the Western Med.

What ship do you think will sail from Harwich then? Because according to the Le Havre schedule (accurate?), Brilliance appears to sail from Harwich. So that makes things even more confusing.

Maybe Adventure. Brilliance is commanding high prices this year, so maybe a slightly bigger ship. More profit.

They can do Norway and the Baltics and also Iceland

Maybe Adventure. Brilliance is commanding high prices this year, so maybe a slightly bigger ship. More profit.

They can do Norway and the Baltics and also Iceland

Hmm, for Harwich, IMHO, just Adventure and Brilliance are the two remaining possibilities, although the latter one seems to head to Barcelona in 2016 for sure, more or less... :confused:

Serenade from Harwich, I would exclude, since I do not see RCI abandoning Copenhagen...

Adventure could well be - she is not too large for Baltic ports and has been sailing Baltic/Norway/Iceland in 2013 and 2014... [emoji5]

Just try to figure out which ship does what and which one(s) remain to be possible candidates for Harwich:

-Harmony:

Med from Barcelona; TA; Caribbean from FL/PC

-Ovation:

Caribbean from FL (replace Indy on summer 2015 runs), winter 6/8 nights OR

Med from Southampton; TA; Caribbean from FL (6/8 nights)

-Anthem:

Bermuda, Caribbean, Bahamas, Canada/NE from Cape Liberty

-Quantum:

Asia

-Allure:

Caribbean from FL

-Oasis:

Caribbean from PC, heading to Asia in fall??

-Independence:

Med/Canaries/Western Europe from Southampton; TA; Caribbean from FL (short) OR

Caribbean from FL (summer 7 nights, winter short runs)

-Liberty

Caribbean from Galveston

-Freedom:

Caribbean from SJU

-Jewel:

Alaska from Seattle; Panama Canal; Caribbean from SJU

-Serenade:

Norway/Baltic from Copenhagen; TA; Canada/NE from Boston or Cape Liberty - Québec; Caribbean from FL (longer)

-Brilliance:

Baltic/Norway from Harwich; TA; Canada/NE from Boston or C. Liberty - Quebec; Caribbean from Tampa OR

Med from Barcelona (longer); TA; Caribbean from Tampa

-Radiance:

Alaska North/Southbound; Hawaii/South Pacific; Australia/NZ or Panama Canal and caribbean from Tampa

Radiance was rumored to leave Australia/NZ

-Mariner:

Asia

-Navigator:

Med/Baltic/Norway/Western E. from Southampton; Suez Canal; repo to Asia/Australia

-Adventure:

Baltic/Norway from Harwich; TA; Caribbean (??) OR

Bahamas from Miami/PC OR

Med from Barcelona (longer); TA; Caribbean (??)

-Explorer:

Australia/NZ; Asia

-Voyager:

Australia/NZ; Asia

-Vision:

Med from Venice; Suez Canal; Dubai/Emrates or TA and Caribbean from Tampa

-Rhapsody:

Med from Venice (longer) and Rome; TA; South America - or 12 night Med runs from Barcelona

-Enchantment:

Bahamas short rund from PC or Miami

-Grandeur:

US East Coast; Bermudas; caribbean from Baltimore OR

Bahamas short runs from PC or Miami

-Legend:

Australia/NZ; Asia

Edited by celebrity_fan

Hmm, for Harwich, IMHO, just Adventure and Brilliance are the two remaining possibilities, although the latter one seems to head to Barcelona in 2016 for sure, more or less... :confused:

Serenade from Harwich, I would exclude, since I do not see RCI abandoning Copenhagen...

Adventure could well be - she is not too large for Baltic ports and has been sailing Baltic/Norway/Iceland in 2013 and 2014... [emoji5]

Just try to figure out which ship does what and which one(s) remain to be possible candidates for Harwich:

-Harmony:

Med from Barcelona; TA; Caribbean from FL/PC

-Ovation:

Caribbean from FL (replace Indy on summer 2015 runs), winter 6/8 nights OR

Med from Southampton; TA; Caribbean from FL (6/8 nights)

-Anthem:

Bermuda, Caribbean, Bahamas, Canada/NE from Cape Liberty

-Quantum:

Asia

-Allure:

Caribbean from FL

-Oasis:

Caribbean from PC, heading to Asia in fall??

-Independence:

Med/Canaries/Western Europe from Southampton; TA; Caribbean from FL (short) OR

Caribbean from FL (summer 7 nights, winter short runs)

-Liberty

Caribbean from Galveston

-Freedom:

Caribbean from SJU

-Jewel:

Alaska from Seattle; Panama Canal; Caribbean from SJU

-Serenade:

Norway/Baltic from Copenhagen; TA; Canada/NE from Boston or Cape Liberty - Québec; Caribbean from FL (longer)

-Brilliance:

Baltic/Norway from Harwich; TA; Canada/NE from Boston or C. Liberty - Quebec; Caribbean from Tampa OR

Med from Barcelona (longer); TA; Caribbean from Tampa

-Radiance:

Alaska North/Southbound; Hawaii/South Pacific; Australia/NZ or Panama Canal and caribbean from Tampa

Radiance was rumored to leave Australia/NZ

-Mariner:

Asia

-Navigator:

Med/Baltic/Norway/Western E. from Southampton; Suez Canal; repo to Asia/Australia

-Adventure:

Bahamas from Miami/PC OR

-Explorer:

Australia/NZ; Asia

-Voyager:

Australia/NZ; Asia

-Vision:

Med from Venice; Suez Canal; Dubai/Emrates or TA and Caribbean from Tampa

-Rhapsody:

Med from Venice (longer) and Rome; TA; South America - or 12 night Med runs from Barcelona

-Enchantment:

-Grandeur:

-Legend:

Australia/NZ; Asia

Looks to be not far away. I know everybody on here wants a big ship on there own back yard.

I've been looking at pricing and the Med out of Barcelona, Baltics and Norway from Copenhagen and Harwich is commanding high prices.

Navigator was in Rome a few years and they were the cheapest cruises in the Med, so I only see Rome being part of a Multi port. Some might use it short term for a time though.

As for Venice, Serenade done it for a few years. I don't think a bigger ship will allowed up the canal.

I'm planning a Panama Canal for 2016 and a river cruise from Passau the following year. I usually just check for any cheapies in between.

I hope the Panama is released next Monday

Edited by bigeck

L

I've been looking at pricing and the Med out of Barcelona, Baltics and Norway from Copenhagen and Harwich is commanding high prices.

Navigator was in Rome a few years and they were the cheapest cruises in the Med, so I only see Rome being part of a Multi port. Some might use it short term for a time though.

As for Venice, Serenade done it for a few years. I don't think a bigger ship will allowed up the canal.

I'm planning a Panama Canal for 2016 and a river cruise from Passau the following year. I usually just check for any cheapies in between.

I hope the Panama is released next Monday

Yeah than Rome MIGHT be used as turnover port for Rhapsody otS, if she is not going to sail on the longer runs from Barcelona.

I hope so too that enough stuff is going to be released next week - any information whther C&A members get access to the new itineraries prior to the public??

-Adventure:

Bahamas from Miami/PC OR

-Enchantment:

-Grandeur:

So with seemingly almost all ships "spoken for" Miami is down to these 4 choices: Grandeur, Enchantment, Adventure or nothing.

Baltimore - really doubt they are abandoned. Only Eos and GoS can fit under the bridge, and again I really doubt they bring back EoS after moving her out of there for PC. So Baltimore I really feel is Grandeur again as a lock.

Miami - A lock for one choice is EoS for sure at either PC or Miami. Now what about the final choice? It's either Adventure or nothing!!!!! And now all we'd need to know is which itinerary makes more money for Goldstein: Bahamas 3/4 or Europe itineraries? Answer this question and we'll know where the ship is going.

The Port of Hi Lo Hawaii has been updated and shows Radiance of the Seas visiting 17 September 2016.

So it appears Radiance will stay in Oz for 16/17 season. Sydney Ports show Radiance of the Seas arriving 9 October 2016.

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/harbors/files/2013/01/hilo-cruise-2016-02-24-15.pdf

Also on 25th April. Looks like Jewel and Radiance again in Alaska

Edited by bigeck

The Port of Hi Lo Hawaii has been updated and shows Radiance of the Seas visiting 17 September 2016.

So it appears Radiance will stay in Oz for 16/17 season. Sydney Ports show Radiance of the Seas arriving 9 October 2016.

http://hidot.hawaii.gov/harbors/files/2013/01/hilo-cruise-2016-02-24-15.pdf

Excellent, thanks for sharing.

Together with the Sydney port entries, I think we can take this as confirmation that Radiance will be coming down under for at least one more year as expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Legend will remain in the fleet until around 2018, when she will be due for Dry Dock. Hence with the Vision Class slowly disappearing until around 2020, will we see RCL soon releasing plans for a new class of ships with a size somewhere between Vision and Voyager Class?

I think Legend will remain in the fleet until around 2018, when she will be due for Dry Dock. Hence with the Vision Class slowly disappearing until around 2020, will we see RCL soon releasing plans for a new class of ships with a size somewhere between Vision and Voyager Class?

Here's to hoping they don't design a smaller ship with a lot of cabins. :o

That's an excellent point LXA350. Will Royal walk away from markets that can not accommodate large ships, either because of port related restrictions or market size? Their recent approach has been to do deals to expand terminals and channels and bring in the biggest hardware possible. Of course this can't work in all markets. Will they build some new boutique ships and put them under the Azamara brand instead? I think so.

Edited by geoff2802

That's an excellent point LXA350. Will Royal walk away from markets that can not accommodate large ships, either because of port related restrictions or market size? Their recent approach has been to do deals to expand terminals and channels and bring in the biggest hardware possible. Of course this can't work in all markets. Will they build some new boutique ships and put them under the Azamara brand instead? I think so.

Surely something will leave the fleet when Oasis 4 comes into service.