Europe 2016 and beyond

rafinmd

I just picked the attached up from the future cruise desk. Michael confirmed the misprint that the Konigsdam's TA is October 24, which I think puts her in Ft. Lauderdale for November 9. I also noted that Oosterdam is booked to sail to Tampa. I thought since the Vista based Carnival Pride is temporarily home ported in Tampa the Vistas should be able to get under the bridge, and this seems to be confirmation.

I also was surprised to learn that if I have an outstanding future cruise deposit it can be applied to an onboard booking.

I expect to leave the Maasdam in August with no future cruises booked. I have an early March cruise booked in South America on the Crystal Serenity. I really don't want to fly out of Baltimore close to the date of that cruise, so I may fly real early in time to try one of Konigsdam's solo cabins (and also get some cushion space for a flight to Buenos Aires). Sounds like a possibility.

Roy

europe16.pdf

Very interesting, thanks. I wonder what Eurodam is doing between June and October. I had hoped to do the Viking Passage next year.

I checked, and it looks like there will be no Viking Passage next year.

Edited by Vict0riann

Very interesting, thanks. I wonder what Eurodam is doing between June and October. I had hoped to do the Viking Passage next year.

I checked, and it looks like there will be no Viking Passage next year.

If I'm looking at the schedule correctly, the Zuiderdam is listed for a Viking Passage from Copenhagen to NY on Aug, 21, 2016.

I've learned from postings on the HAL CC board that this is a really good cruise; very tempting. :)

LC

If I'm looking at the schedule correctly, the Zuiderdam is listed for a Viking Passage from Copenhagen to NY on Aug, 21, 2016.

I've learned from postings on the HAL CC board that this is a really good cruise; very tempting. :)

LC

Thanks so much for that. Will look into it. I am disappointed, though because we love Eurodam best! We had planned to do it this year, but DH decided we should put it off for next year, and then things changed! Oh, well, Zuidy is nice, and last time we were on her we got a really nice upgrade, so maybe she will be lucky for us.

It is. :)

This was my first trans-At, on the Amsterdam at the time. It's a nice balance of sea and port days, unlike the trans-At from the Med to Ft. Lauderdale. That one is port-intensive at the beginning, followed by all those sea days (nice in their own right, but very different).

The Passage alternates port and sea days, with only a couple of either at a time. Interesting, less frequently visited ports, with lots of great scenery.

It is. :)

This was my first trans-At, on the Amsterdam at the time. It's a nice balance of sea and port days, unlike the trans-At from the Med to Ft. Lauderdale. That one is port-intensive at the beginning, followed by all those sea days (nice in their own right, but very different).

The Passage alternates port and sea days, with only a couple of either at a time. Interesting, less frequently visited ports, with lots of great scenery.

Thank you, RuthC, for the thumbs up for this cruise. Will definitely be looking into it. We are doing the TA from Athens this fall and I am already exhausted just planning the port visits! :D

If I'm not being too presumptuous, I see that you are doing that cruise, boarding in Rome. Sure would love to meet you. :)

LC

If I'm not being too presumptuous, I see that you are doing that cruise, boarding in Rome. Sure would love to meet you. :)

Thank you for saying that. I hope to get more involved in planning for that cruise as time goes on.

Right now I'm planning for my upcoming cruises in April-May. Can't look too far ahead anymore. My little brain just doesn't work as well as it used to. ;)

Thank you for saying that. I hope to get more involved in planning for that cruise as time goes on.

Right now I'm planning for my upcoming cruises in April-May. Can't look too far ahead anymore. My little brain just doesn't work as well as it used to. ;)

:):) And, not too many days to wait for that chocolate from your valentine!

(Sorry, OP, for the thread highjacking. :o)

LC

:):) And, not too many days to wait for that chocolate from your valentine!

(Sorry, OP, for the thread highjacking. :o)

LC

Hijack? The idea of this thread was to start discussion of potential future plans. I haven't seen anything in the thread that doesn't do that.

Roy

Do they happen to have a sheet like this for 2016 Alaska. We want to do the 14 night on Maasdam next year and are wondering if it will be a regular itinerary or just a couple select sailings.

It is fairly safe to assume she'll do these most all summer. Starts on May 23 and you can extrapolate from there. :)

I just picked the attached up from the future cruise desk. Michael confirmed the misprint that the Konigsdam's TA is October 24, which I think puts her in Ft. Lauderdale for November 9. I also noted that Oosterdam is booked to sail to Tampa. I thought since the Vista based Carnival Pride is temporarily home ported in Tampa the Vistas should be able to get under the bridge, and this seems to be confirmation.

I also was surprised to learn that if I have an outstanding future cruise deposit it can be applied to an onboard booking.

I expect to leave the Maasdam in August with no future cruises booked. I have an early March cruise booked in South America on the Crystal Serenity. I really don't want to fly out of Baltimore close to the date of that cruise, so I may fly real early in time to try one of Konigsdam's solo cabins (and also get some cushion space for a flight to Buenos Aires). Sounds like a possibility.

Roy

Thank you so much for the Europe 2016 schedule!! :) :)

I see, Zuiderdam is going to sail "Fjords & Highlands" the 17th of May and 22nd of June, 2016, and "Northern Isles" the 16th of July, 2016.

But those itineraries are currently not showing up on the HAL webpage...

Does anyone have information about these particular routes and might provide and links for those itineraries?

Thanks in advice! :)

Celebrity_fan, I would expect that within the next month or so. I see somebody has already picked up on the Maasdam 14-day Alaska, I thought that might be news:

I was probably misleading about the “and beyond” in my thread title; all I had in mind was where the ships were going after the European Season. Based on yesterday’s Alaska presentation, this is what I think the fleet is doing next summer:

Prinsendam: Europe, TA, and Amazon as usual

Maasdam: 14 day Round trip from Seattle

Veendam: New England and Canada (Bermuda?)

Rotterdam: Europe and VOV

Zaandam: Vancouver-Seward

Amsterdam: 7-day Seattle Round Trip

Volendam: Vancouver R/T connecting to Skagway cruise tours

Noordam: Vancouver R/T connecting to Skagway cruise tours

Westerdam: 7-day Seattle Round Trip

Oosterdam: Europe returning to Tampa

Zuiderdam: Europe to Viking Passage and fall Canada/New England

Nieuw Amsterdam: Vancouver-Seward

Eurodam: Europe returning to Ft. Lauderdale

Konigsdam: Europe returning to Ft. Lauderdale

All subject to change and my misinterpretation

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
One misspelling caught

Celebrity_fan, I would expect that within the next month or so.

Ok, thank you very much so far... :)

So maybe the Northern Isles and Highland/Fjord itineraries, planned for Zuiderdam, are new so that they must be finally "created/planned" until they get added onto the HAL website - maybe it happens soon, in the next few weeks...

First when I saw the gaps in Zuiderdam's 2016 summer schedule, I thought the ship would be chartered :mad: - but if there are planned itineraries besides HAl, everything is fine - let's hope they will be released soon... :)

Celebrity_fan, I would expect that within the next month or so. I see somebody has already picked up on the Maasdam 14-day Alaska, I thought that might be news:

I was probably misleading about the “and beyond” in my thread title; all I had in mind was where the ships were going after the European Season. Based on yesterday’s Alaska presentation, this is what I think the fleet is doing next summer:

Prinsendam: Europe, TA, and Amazon as usual

Maasdam: 14 day Round trip from Seattle

Veendam: New England and Canada (Bermuda?)

Rotterdam: Europe and VOV

Zaandam: Vancouver-Seward

Amsterdam: 7-day Seattle Round Trip

Volendam: Vancouver R/T connecting to Skagway cruise tours

Noordam: Vancouver R/T connecting to Skagway cruise tours

Westerdam: 7-day Seattle Round Trip

Oosterdam: Europe returning to Tampa

Zuiderdam: Europe to Viking Passage and fall Canada/New England

Nieuw Amsterdam: Vancouver-Seward

Eurodam: Europe returning to Ft. Lauderdale

Konigsdam: Europe returning to Ft. Lauderdale

All subject to change and my misinterpretation

Roy

A few changes according to HAL's Schedule at a Glance:

NA is doing R/T Vancouver.

Zaandam is doing the one-ways and Volendam R/T from Vancouver.

Ok, thank you very much so far... :)

So maybe the Northern Isles and Highland/Fjord itineraries, planned for Zuiderdam, are new so that they must be finally "created/planned" until they get added onto the HAL website - maybe it happens soon, in the next few weeks...

First when I saw the gaps in Zuiderdam's 2016 summer schedule, I thought the ship would be chartered :mad: - but if there are planned itineraries besides HAl, everything is fine - let's hope they will be released soon... :)

I got the itinerary for the Fjords & Highlands cruise today.

Lerwick May 17: Depart Copenhagen 16:00

May 18: Oslo 10:00-18:00

May 19: Kristiansand 8:00-17:00

May 20: Stavanger 8:00-17:00

May 21: Lerwick 8:00-17:00

May 23: Greenock (Glascow) 7:00-16:00

May 24: Portree (Isle of Skye) 10:00-18:00

May 25: Invergordon 8:00-17:00

May 26: South Queensferry (Edinburgh) 10:00-23:00

May 27: Newcatle upon Tyne 8:00-17:00

May 29: Copenhagen 7:00

Lerwick, Portree, and S. Queensferry are tender ports

It took the cruise consultants longer than I expected to pull this up, so I think you'll need to be patient on the other cruise.

Roy

I got the itinerary for the Fjords & Highlands cruise today.

Lerwick May 17: Depart Copenhagen 16:00

May 18: Oslo 10:00-18:00

May 19: Kristiansand 8:00-17:00

May 20: Stavanger 8:00-17:00

May 21: Lerwick 8:00-17:00

May 23: Greenock (Glascow) 7:00-16:00

May 24: Portree (Isle of Skye) 10:00-18:00

May 25: Invergordon 8:00-17:00

May 26: South Queensferry (Edinburgh) 10:00-23:00

May 27: Newcatle upon Tyne 8:00-17:00

May 29: Copenhagen 7:00

Lerwick, Portree, and S. Queensferry are tender ports

It took the cruise consultants longer than I expected to pull this up, so I think you'll need to be patient on the other cruise.

Roy

Great, thank you very much!! :)

But there are still no information about the "Northern Islands" cruise in July 2016?