Just off 3rd trip the Oasis. Total lack of wow

rt1092

Staterooms 6585 to 6593 replaced the Diamond Lounge.

I think I remember there was still a small balcony that overlooked the Promenade, but I'm not sure how one could access it. I never saw anybody out there.

The Diamond Lounge that was built on Deck 4 during the dry dock has been converted back to Dining Room space.

I think I remember there was still a small balcony that overlooked the Promenade, but I'm not sure how one could access it. I never saw anybody out there.

The Diamond Lounge that was built on Deck 4 during the dry dock has been converted back to Dining Room space.

You could there there from the forward elevator lobby on deck 6. I thought the original DL was small considering the number of guests. They usually used Dazzles as the overflow for the nightly cocktail hour.

Well now, after weeding through this very funny thread I have a confession...I book an inside room, yup, gasp an inside room why because I want too, could I spring for the bigger more lavish room yup but that is not how I want to spend my vacation dollars.

With that said I have no expectation that suite passengers get different and or better perks, I expect them too, and rightfully so considering the price difference. The rub however is that in the normal venues with the masses you should not be able to demand differing service which is not part of those differences, same thing for loyalty systems whatever cruise line you are on. Last year on the new Princess ship there were so many who had achieved a level of loyalty and expected services/special this or that and screamed and argued and made life miserable for the staff that I was horrified. Really those folks work hard for you all day from the moment of arrival and to blame them for decisions made at a level so far above them is just not effective....if you want your lounge, or think entertainment is lacking or whatever your gripe is say with your comment cards, say it with a letter to HQ say it by booking with another line if that is what makes you happy. I will say that I remember the good old days of....name a topic, name a store or an eating establishment that changed and then I decided to either suck it up buttercup and continue to use/buy or attend or decided to move on. Life, death and taxes...that is pretty much all you can count on and really isn't any day above ground, on a cruise ship with the people you love away from the stinking snow (I digress!) a great one! Now please if all the haters will cancel their trip for this week on Oasis maybe the upgrade ferry will visit me and save me from my inside room :)

Staterooms 6585 to 6593 replaced the Diamond Lounge.

Got it, thanks! The deck plans show an unmarked area (probably a crew service area) just beyond those cabins so was thinking maybe that unmarked space was the old D lounge. Certainly wouldn't have remembered on my own that those particular cabins didn't use to be there, LOL.

Ok, I'm confused now. The original D lounge, built when Oasis debuted, was on deck 6 above the promenade. I was on the inaugural but haven't been back on since... are you saying that at some later time the ship went into dry dock and a new D lounge was created out of some MDR space? And now after the most recent dry dock that space is once again dining space? :confused:

Got it, thanks! The deck plans show an unmarked area (probably a crew service area) just beyond those cabins so was thinking maybe that unmarked space was the old D lounge. Certainly wouldn't have remembered on my own that those particular cabins didn't use to be there, LOL.

Ok, I'm confused now. The original D lounge, built when Oasis debuted, was on deck 6 above the promenade. I was on the inaugural but haven't been back on since... are you saying that at some later time the ship went into dry dock and a new D lounge was created out of some MDR space? And now after the most recent dry dock that space is once again dining space? :confused:

During the recent dry dock, the old DL space was converted to cabins. Though unexpectedly short-lived, a new DL was created out of MDR space during the same dry dock. Evidently, they learned they need that space for dining (also reported accessibility issues), so it was quickly turned back into MDR space. Now the DL is the CL.

Edited by Starry Eyes

Everything new is old again

...Ok, I'm confused now. The original D lounge, built when Oasis debuted, was on deck 6 above the promenade. I was on the inaugural but haven't been back on since... are you saying that at some later time the ship went into dry dock and a new D lounge was created out of some MDR space? And now after the most recent dry dock that space is once again dining space? :confused:

It was during the latest dry dock that a new DL was created out of MDR space. The MDR was also modified to accomodate the change to Dynamic Dining. If I recall correctly, there was some use of the new DL after the dry dock. At some point, for whatever reason, they decided to change that space back into dining room space, and instead took over the former CL for the new DL.

Well now, after weeding through this very funny thread I have a confession...I book an inside room, yup, gasp an inside room why because I want too, could I spring for the bigger more lavish room yup but that is not how I want to spend my vacation dollars.

With that said I have no expectation that suite passengers get different and or better perks, I expect them too, and rightfully so considering the price difference. The rub however is that in the normal venues with the masses you should not be able to demand differing service which is not part of those differences, same thing for loyalty systems whatever cruise line you are on. Last year on the new Princess ship there were so many who had achieved a level of loyalty and expected services/special this or that and screamed and argued and made life miserable for the staff that I was horrified. Really those folks work hard for you all day from the moment of arrival and to blame them for decisions made at a level so far above them is just not effective....if you want your lounge, or think entertainment is lacking or whatever your gripe is say with your comment cards, say it with a letter to HQ say it by booking with another line if that is what makes you happy. I will say that I remember the good old days of....name a topic, name a store or an eating establishment that changed and then I decided to either suck it up buttercup and continue to use/buy or attend or decided to move on. Life, death and taxes...that is pretty much all you can count on and really isn't any day above ground, on a cruise ship with the people you love away from the stinking snow (I digress!) a great one! Now please if all the haters will cancel their trip for this week on Oasis maybe the upgrade ferry will visit me and save me from my inside room :)

I am not giving up my balcony this weekend. So, I am not contributing to the upgrade fairy's chances for you!!!!:p See you on board.

jc

The is no more "concierge lounge" per se, on Oasis. The old C.L. is now called the Diamond lounge and is for D, D+ and P guests. There is a new suite lounge for suite and P guests. Not sure what they've done with the old Diamond lounge that was above the promenade.

So is the new diamond lounge larger than the old diamond lounge?

Any time we have been on Oasis/Allure the nightly cocktail hour was held in Blaze on Deck 4

They no longer use that venue as overflow. To me it was like drinking in a closet (the Concierge invited us in one evening even though it was the cruise where we didn't become diamond until completion of the cruise. It felt like drinking in a closet to me)

Everyone has their own notion as to what is a good cruise, We became D+ sometime near 2008. Absolutely loved being D+ back then..and the perks were great. LOved Loved Loved Oasis Concierge lounge and the lunch breakfast served there. We have enjoyed free suite upgrades, cheaply priced suites, paid a lot for suites and stayed in many many inside and balcony cabins over the years. We have done cruising from many angles....still love it and yes miss some things are very much missed and love some new things......Such as the drink package.. now gladly pay for the package so I am not a "slave" to a DL or CL. Nothing is static... change will come whether you are comfortable with it or not! embrace the positive.

Above all never lose sight that RCi is a for profit entity.....and your vacation $$$/spending is at your discretion.

It was during the latest dry dock that a new DL was created out of MDR space. The MDR was also modified to accomodate the change to Dynamic Dining. If I recall correctly, there was some use of the new DL after the dry dock. At some point, for whatever reason, they decided to change that space back into dining room space, and instead took over the former CL for the new DL.

Thank you, I had no idea there had been an "interim" (as it turns out) DL in what had been dining space. I was only aware that the original DL was no more, and that the CL had ultimately become the new(est) DL. Wonder where it will be moved next, LOL?!?!

Thank you, I had no idea there had been an "interim" (as it turns out) DL in what had been dining space. I was only aware that the original DL was no more, and that the CL had ultimately become the new(est) DL. Wonder where it will be moved next, LOL?!?!

That's one reason I'm very interested in seeing what they do to Allure during the upcoming dry dock, having had the experience with Oasis.

Everyone has their own notion as to what is a good cruise, We became D+ sometime near 2008. Absolutely loved being D+ back then..and the perks were great. LOved Loved Loved Oasis Concierge lounge and the lunch breakfast served there. We have enjoyed free suite upgrades, cheaply priced suites, paid a lot for suites and stayed in many many inside and balcony cabins over the years. We have done cruising from many angles....still love it and yes miss some things are very much missed and love some new things......Such as the drink package.. now gladly pay for the package so I am not a "slave" to a DL or CL. Nothing is static... change will come whether you are comfortable with it or not! embrace the positive.

Above all never lose sight that RCi is a for profit entity.....and your vacation $$$/spending is at your discretion.

Love your attitude....so many complainers.....like the drink package....love Oasis....if ya don't like it.....try a different kind of vacation!