Harmony of the Seas

Midwestgal

MIAMI, March 5, 2015 – Voted the best cruise line in the Caribbean for 12 consecutive years and the top large-ship cruise line for families, Royal Caribbean International today announced the upcoming Caribbean openings for the cruise line’s new 2016-17 Adventure Collection. Vacationers can book an unforgettable Caribbean cruise aboard 15 of the world’s most innovative and award-winning cruise ships, sailing from nine convenient U.S. homeports to 39 spectacular ports of call in 18 Caribbean countries, and Bermuda and Canada. The new Caribbean adventures will mark the Quantum class’ maiden call and season in Bermuda with Anthem of the Seas, and offers a choice of three industry-acclaimed Oasis-class ships, including the new record-setting Harmony of the Seas. Royal Caribbean’s new 2016-17 Caribbean Adventures Collection will open for booking starting March 2015.

Royal Caribbean’s new Adventure Collection encompasses the cruise line’s 2016-17 cruise vacations aboard unrivaled ships, which will sail exciting itineraries across six continents. Vacationers can choose between the industry’s newest, biggest, and best ships, which sail in the Caribbean, Europe, Alaska and beyond. On most Caribbean cruises, guests will enjoy more than 400 total acres of pristine beaches, exhilarating thrill rides and activities, and plenty of opportunities to relax under the Caribbean sun during a call at Royal Caribbean’s private island CocoCay or its exclusive beach destination Labadee.

Caribbean, Bermuda, and Canada & New England Adventures from Northeast U.S.

Quantum-class Anthem of the Seas will continue year-round sailings from Cape Liberty Cruise Port in Bayonne, N.J., and make its maiden season at Bermuda. Vacationers have a choice of five-night Bermuda or nine-night Bermuda and Caribbean itineraries throughout the summer, and eight- to 12-night Bahamas, Eastern, Western or Southern Caribbean cruises during the winter.

Throughout September and October, Anthem of the Seas will sail nine-night Canada and New England cruisesfrom Cape Liberty, and Serenade of the Seas will offer seven-night Canada and New England cruises from Boston, Mass.

Grandeur of the Seas will sail five-night Bermuda, nine-night Bermuda and Bahamas, and nine-night Canada and New England cruises throughout the summer. In the winter, the ship will sail nine-night Southeast Coast & Bahamas and 12-night Southern Caribbean cruises.

Everywhere in the Caribbean, conveniently from South Florida

From Miami, Enchantment of the Seas will sail three- and four-night short Bahamas getaways year-round, while Navigator of the Seaswill alternate five-night Bahamas and Mexico with nine-night Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Labadee cruises in the winter.

Oasis of the Seasand Allure of the Seas will sail a Western Caribbean and two new Eastern Caribbean itineraries in summer 2016, all seven nights in length and departing from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale. Allure of the Seas will then be joined by the next groundbreaking, Oasis-class cruise ship Harmony of the Seasto offer a seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itinerary for winter 2016-17. Oasis of the Seas, meanwhile, willreposition to its new winter home of Port Canaveral along Florida’s Coast.

In the winter, Independence of the Seaswill follow a sequence of four- and five-night short Western Caribbean itineraries from Port Everglades, while sister-ship Freedom of the Seaswill alternate a six-night Western Caribbean with an eight-night Eastern Caribbean itinerary. For a longer vacation, Serenade of the Seas alternates a 10- and 11-night Southern Caribbean itinerary.

‘Out-of-this-world’ Caribbean Vacations from Florida’s Space Coast

Freedom of the Seaswill continue alternating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries during the summer 2016, and then reposition to Port Everglades for its new winter season.

For the winter 2016-17, Oasis of the Seaswill inaugurate Oasis-class adventures from Port Canaveral, alternating a seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itinerary. Rhapsody of the Seas will take over three- and four-night Bahamas cruises from Enchantment of the Seas.

Vacationers also can choose quick four- and five-night Western Caribbean cruises throughout winter aboard Brilliance of the Seasfrom Tampa, Fla.

Mexico and Southern Caribbean from Galveston and Puerto Rico

Liberty of the Seaswill continue its year-round deployment sailing from Galveston, Texas, offering vacationers a wide selection of seven-night Mexico and Western Caribbean cruises.

Vacationers also can choose seven-night, Southern Caribbean itineraries, sailing year-round from San Juan, Puerto Rico, aboard Adventure of the Seas. In the winter, Jewel of the Seas also will homeport at San Juan and sail to the Southern Caribbean.

There is a guy on the FB Crown and Anchor page that claims he is friends with someone in upper management confirming that it will be Oasis in PC and that the announcement will be made soon. You know how that goes though.

Ill believe it once I read the official word from RCI.

The press release linked above confirms that Oasis is coming to PC.

Just saw that. I noticed this: "Oasis of the Seas, meanwhile, will reposition to its new winter home of Port Canaveral along Florida’s Coast.

New winter home implies a different home for summer. Maybe Europe?

I hope its a permanent replacement to Freedom. I will finally sail on an Oasis class ship. I cant imagine them giving up the 7 night cruises out of PC for part of the year? :confused: hasnt there been a ship there doing Eastern and Western 7 night routes for many years now? If Oasis goes across the big pond for summer, wonder what would take her place in PC?

This is what I noticed:

Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will sail a Western Caribbean and two new Eastern Caribbean itineraries in summer 2016, all seven nights in length and departing from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.

Wonder what the new itineraries are?

I hope its a permanent replacement to Freedom. I will finally sail on an Oasis class ship. I cant imagine them giving up the 7 night cruises out of PC for part of the year? :confused: hasnt there been a ship there doing Eastern and Western 7 night routes for many years now? If Oasis goes across the big pond for summer, wonder what would take her place in PC?

It just may be that the new schedule only goes out to Apr 2017, and we will have to wait a year to see what happens in PC at that time. PC has had a 7 day Caribbean itinerary since at least 2003 when Mariner arrived there.

Edited by clarea

I am wondering the same thing, we may be just reading it wrong when it sais Winter, I cant see them pulling out the 7 day cruises out of Canaveral, but this is very exciting never the less.

It just may be that the new schedule only goes out to Apr 2017, and we will have to wait a year to see what happens in PC at that time. PC has had a 7 day Caribbean itinerary since at least 2003 when Mariner arrived there.

They do have more quantum class and oasis class ships in the pipeline, so my guess is there will be more shuffling when those come on line. It is entirely possible that one of the new builds will replace Oasis in PC in 2017:confused:

They do have more quantum class and oasis class ships in the pipeline, so my guess is there will be more shuffling when those come on line. It is entirely possible that one of the new builds will replace Oasis in PC in 2017:confused:

Very good point, I LIKE IT!

Just saw that. I noticed this: "Oasis of the Seas, meanwhile, will reposition to its new winter home of Port Canaveral along Florida’s Coast.

New winter home implies a different home for summer. Maybe Europe?

Winter in PC works for me:D

This is what I noticed:

Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas will sail a Western Caribbean and two new Eastern Caribbean itineraries in summer 2016, all seven nights in length and departing from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.

Wonder what the new itineraries are?

Right now on RCI website OASIS is doing a 9 night March 17/16 after a charter on the ship. Two ports listed are San Juan and St Kitts along with the usual ports she has visited before

Edited by emmy

Harmony for Winter 2016 in Florida, so Europe for the summer Months and first Sailings ????????????? :eek:

Has that been confirmed where Harmony will start her sailings in Europe and then to Port Everglades?

I guess the China rumor for the Oasis is just a rumor.

I don't think so according to crew members. They don't have a specific time but it appears its still on to Asia

Edited by setsail

Yayy!! Now let's hope Harmony gives us some new itineraries... or is that not possible because of her size?? Puerto Rico, DR, St. Kitts, Aruba, Tortola.. something different.

I'd say that's what keeps these Oasis class ships out of some of these places. But I would think that these countries have to be noticing that they're missing out on 6,000 passengers coming in 1 or more times a week and that's a lot of $$ to miss out on.:eek:

Has that been confirmed where Harmony will start her sailings in Europe and then to Port Everglades?

It will not be 'confirmed' until RCI release their European deployment, but all the bookings are in place under the ship name 'Allure' for Europe deployment.

The crossing is booked as follows:

A Transatlantic would leave Barcelona on Sunday the 23rd October 2016

23 Oct Barcelona

24 Oct Palma de Mallorca

25 Oct Cartagena, Spain

26 Oct Gibraltar

27 -

Friday the 4th of Saturday the 5th arrival at PE speculated.

It seems RCI is hinting that while they will introduce Harmony and Oasis 4 in Europe in 2016 and 2018, Oasis could cross from PC for summer of 2017.

This can only be speculated based on the information available at this moment.

I don't think so according to crew members. They don't have a specific time but it appears its still on to Asia

Crew members don't always have good info. There was a time when the crew members on Radiance were telling people that Seaview was being replaced with Johnny Rockets... and we know how that turned out. :D

RCI deployment email link states for European deployment:

Culture, romance, and new products sailing the Old World. 2016 Europe itineraries coming soon.

While there is evidence of Harmony bookings at European ports, there is currently not much evidence showing Ovation in Europe.

The choice of 'new products' does indicate more than one new ship in Europe though.

AND the Freedom moving from PC to PE! Wow, and doing 6 & 8 nights, great idea! Only disappointment for me is same AOS & Jewel in PR...could use maybe a Freedom ship in there.......Enchantment in Miami good move IMO..Majesty was tired & too small..now, we just have to wait for where the OVATION is going- PE is my guess because they need a Quantum class in Fla after messing up the first 2 ships- remember the Anthem originally was announced to home port in PE, then was switched to NY....

Big Al