We vaped on the balcony, snuck booze, removed auto tips.

czechmate001

Just kidding, we sail on the Excastcy on Friday. We don't vape, we can afford to buy our drinks, and always prepay our tips when we book , and leave extra if the room steward is nice. Very excited, Looking forward to a weekend get away with my hubby. This makes cruise number 4 on Carnival. I might want to try a more upscale cruise line next time any suggestions?

Just kidding, we sail on the Excastcy on Friday. We don't vape, we can afford to buy our drinks, and always prepay our tips when we book , and leave extra if the room steward is nice. Very excited, Looking forward to a weekend get away with my hubby. This makes cruise number 4 on Carnival. I might want to try a more upscale cruise line next time any suggestions?
Princess! We love Carnival with our kids but we really enjoyed Princess without them. Lots of adult areas, more sophisticated dining and several upscale bars/lounges including dedicated wine bars. It was a very relaxing trip and I look forward to the next one!

-Kelly

It really depends on what you like to do on ship, and where you want to go. What is it about Carnival that you like, and what do you dislike? Each cruise line has its own niche. I like Holland America (because it is more quiet), and I have friends who swear by Royal Caribbean. Do you research, and whichever one you choose...remember to have fun!

Nobody will ever know if you vape in your room or balcony, so go ahead and break that rule! [emoji2]

Another vote for Princess! Absolutely wonderful 1st experience. Feel free to click on my photo review below in my signature.

I love Princess and Celebrity, but they are not for everyone. What do you want in a cruise how old are you, where do you want to go, can all impact on what's best for you.

As a side with the smoking, smuggling, vapeing [whatever that is] and tipping I hope you wore swimming trunks and flip flops to the MDR on elegant night [i think that's Carnival's name but sometimes get them mixed up so sorry f have].

It's so interesting that everyone has such different tastes. My closest GF married last year and has cruised before with Carnival and RCCL, but decided on a 10 day with Princess for her honeymoon. She loved the ship but came back 5lbs lighter because she loathed the food and said she'd never go back.

We've sailed everything but HAL, Princess and the QM's of the sea and for the price, we'll stick with the less expensive lines, cruise 3-4 times a year, vape on the balcony, smuggle on booze because I don't want to trudge down every night for a pre-dinner drink or pay ridiculous amounts to have a bottle I don't even like very much delivered to the room and tip extra for the outstanding service that I receive on RCCL, Carnival and NCL. :D;):p

DH and I did agree that when we're a bit older we may give HAL a try, though. We'll see.

Edited by Kristi Williamson

Try Royal. I've been on both Carnival and Royal. Neither one was bad, just different. Granted, my Carnival was a short/small (the Sensation) and the Royal was the Freedom of the Seas 7-night. I think you'll have fun and find that there's good/bad things on both lines depending upon your tastes. I found Celebrity pricing to be a bit high for my current situation, but I would not be opposed to any other cruise line (well except Disney only because I can't afford $4,000 for a Balcony on the itinerary I want, where the other lines are around $1400).

I think I go with the itinerary and then price.

I liked your title, although I personally don't have an issue with vaping (cigar/cigarette smoke does bother my allergies quite a bit).

Both Princess and Celebrity are good choices. You won't know what you are missing until you try them!

i agree with everything you said!

In the title ;)

Nice subject line - it certainly got me to look!

Carnival markets to the young which means adults with children. Therefore there usually is a large number of them aboard. I have not had a problem with the kids on my past CCL cruises. I like Princess the best because kids are few and many pax are in my senior age group. HAL was certainly nice but I do believe it is for the very aged or those who think they are. I have never seen such little activity aboard after dinner. It was like a ghost town with just a few pax and the bar staff. RCI is nice but I don't like the layout of their ships and all the fancy climbing walls, surf riders, ice skating etc are now in my past.

RCI has partially solved the chair hog (chog) problem. Pax check out towels giving their cabin number and if it is not returned, they charge $25 for the towel on your folio. I am not sure how well they enforce it but the postings I have seen on cc seems to indicate it is enforced with pax getting surprises when the final bill is presented. Maybe on my next RCI cruise I will go around collecting seemingly abandoned towels and turn them in. :rolleyes:

Love your title , but please please .....its the morning after the Oscars . People are still not sure which joke or remark during the ceremony they should be more outraged at. Don't send them into over drive . *LOL*

Back on topic, whichever cruise you choose have a great time with DH and enjoy your alone time. :)