Concierge Class - Boarding

Hi there, just got the call/recording from Celebrity re boarding times and according to their website with CC you get priority boarding. We don't want to wait until 2:30 or 3 to board so thought we would arrive around Noon. Perhaps these times are only suggestions for traffic flow. Thanks for any input you can provide...six sleeps to sailing.

I got the notice today from Celebrity for this Sunday. As we are on Deck 11 they want us to show up 2:30 to 3pm. In the past we have showed up between 2pm to 3pm and you just sail right on. It was great. I'm planning on getting there after 1pm, cabins seem to open up about 1 to 1:30pm.

We have CC, too. We're sailing on Equinox on March 6th. We were told 12-12:30 pm. It's a common statement on the boards that the time is "a suggestion" and people can arrive whenever they want. What Celebrity authority told passengers the arrival time is "a suggestion" and that we could arrive whenever we want? Just curious. It seems that everyone arriving whenever they want defeats the purpose of arrival times. Of course they're not going to turn you away, but that doesn't mean they're happy to have a massive crowd all at the same time.

We have CC, too. We're sailing on Equinox on March 6th. We were told 12-12:30 pm. It's a common statement on the boards that the time is "a suggestion" and people can arrive whenever they want. What Celebrity authority told passengers the arrival time is "a suggestion" and that we could arrive whenever we want? Just curious. It seems that everyone arriving whenever they want defeats the purpose of arrival times. Of course they're not going to turn you away, but that doesn't mean they're happy to have a massive crowd all at the same time.

Common sense makes it a suggestion. Suppose you are local, and don't get to the port until 2pm, but your suggested boarding time is noon. They won't turn you away for missing your suggested time. In reverse, if your flight arrives at 9am, and the Celebrity bus brings you to the port at noon, but your suggested boarding time is 2pm, they won't turn you away for being early either. It's nice if people can try to follow the suggestions, but totally impractical for Celebrity to make it a requirement. As long as you arrive before boarding closes, all will be well.

They started sending out emails before I sailed Reflection back in

November.....cabin category xxx at this time...then they put if you

are a suite pax, Elite + and Elite at whatever time you like......

I just received an email for my upcoming cruise (Saturday:D) and now

it says, board between 12-3.... My flight arrives at 10:30 and I am

taking a cab to the ship....not waiting at the airport:rolleyes:...so if I

am at the ship around 11--11:15....so be it...I will wait inside the

terminal:D

Hi there, just got the call/recording from Celebrity re boarding times and according to their website with CC you get priority boarding. We don't want to wait until 2:30 or 3 to board so thought we would arrive around Noon. Perhaps these times are only suggestions for traffic flow. Thanks for any input you can provide...six sleeps to sailing.

Concierge and Aqua classes have priority boarding. You can arrive whenever you want.

We just came off of the Feb 15th sailing (still suffering from withdrawal!!). We were given a boarding time of 12:30-1:00 (deck 9), according to the texts/calls, etc that we received the week before boarding.

Admittedly, I am one of these ppl that wants to board ASAP (my vacay doesn't start until I am ABOARD the ship!! :)

We left our hotel at 11:00, were at the terminal at approx. 11:30 and I kid you not, we were on board by 11:45. I have NEVER experienced a better check in (we saw no one else checking in besides us!). Yes, we were Concierge Class...and while some ppl think that means priority boarding, it doesn't. It means priority CHECK IN. However, in our case, it didn't make one little bit of difference, as there was absolutely no one else checking in beside myself and my husband. So, while we checked in to Concierge Check In because "we could", it really didn't matter, as there was no one else to check in anyway!!:D

We've checked in to a local hotel with more difficulty/wait time than this was!

They started sending out emails before I sailed Reflection back in

November.....cabin category xxx at this time...then they put if you

are a suite pax, Elite + and Elite at whatever time you like......

I just received an email for my upcoming cruise (Saturday:D) and now

it says, board between 12-3.... My flight arrives at 10:30 and I am

taking a cab to the ship....not waiting at the airport:rolleyes:...so if I

am at the ship around 11--11:15....so be it...I will wait inside the

terminal:D

Hi Lois:

We received the request on our Alaska cruise last week in August.

Hi Lois:

We received the request on our Alaska cruise last week in August.

Hi Don:D...oh ok...so they started emailing them out last summer;)

Just sailed on Eclipse out of Miami. I got several emails a few days before sailing telling me to come at specified time. I did come at that time. I was on a high deck. The crowd was outrageous. I am elite and was in a concierge cabin. There was no difference until you got past the security checks. The line moved slowly and stopped just as I got to the check point. It did not move again for an hour. No explanation. It was hot and uncomfortable. Not a great way to start a vacation. When it did move again, the check in was quick. There were lots of check in counters. If I were sailing out of Miami again, I would wait until after 3pm to board.

8 days pre-cruise, we each received two texts, two phone calls and one e-mail with our suggested boarding time for the 2/13 Equinox sailing...time that we were requested to board was between 2 & 3; however, arrangements had already been made for a hotel pick-up at 11am, which got us to the terminal by 11:15. No lines; no problems; on the ship in a flash.

Enjoy!

I think if I was Joe Blow tourist and I got all these calls and emails telling me what time to show up, thats when I would show up!! I would probably assume that if I showed up earlier, I would be turned away or, eft standing in some corner awaiting my 'proper' time. Just another reason CC is so great!

Just sailed on Eclipse out of Miami. I got several emails a few days before sailing telling me to come at specified time. I did come at that time. I was on a high deck. The crowd was outrageous. I am elite and was in a concierge cabin. There was no difference until you got past the security checks. The line moved slowly and stopped just as I got to the check point. It did not move again for an hour. No explanation. It was hot and uncomfortable. Not a great way to start a vacation. When it did move again, the check in was quick. There were lots of check in counters. If I were sailing out of Miami again, I would wait until after 3pm to board.

Lately there have been 2 issues delaying boarding. Immigration has been doing a significantly more strigngent check for passengers laeving the ship. This has taken up to 1 hour more! Also Equinox has had some Noro issues and the cleaning took some 2 hours more on the last couple of cruises. I would expect getting off the ship and also airport checkin to take longer with all the terrorist issues going on today.

Bash me if you will but here goes.....

I have a problem even if it is a suggested time to saying to be there 2:30 to 3:00 as an example. From everything I've read that no one is allowed to go on the ship if they are not there 60 minutes prior to sailing. While I am certain others will report they have been allowed, I for one would prefer to not cut it that close to sailing time.