Bit of a blog - Britannia day visit - Sunday 8th March 2015

NorbertsNiece

I think its very hard to really judge from some photos. It looks like there is a theme and this will dictate a feel or atmosphere and that can only be judged by being on-board. I see youve been on Eclipse before like we have and some of the decor does look pretty similar to me.

We are on the cruise before yours so we will just go and enjoy. We like the look of the decor since it is so different.

You're absolutely right, Kevin, I may feel totally different when we get on board. I did like Eclipse so we'll have to see.

Gill

Hi Linda, (Norbert's Niece)

I hope you don't mind but I shared a link to this thread on another Forum. I did say they weren't my photos but didn't want to put your name on without your permission.

Would you like me to have them shown as Norberts Niece or left as they are.

I should have asked first but the person I emailed wanted some photos to put on a file showing cabins and I shared before thinking.

Kind regards

June

What a beautiful ship! I'd love to get a chance to sail on her someday.

Speaking of P&O, we were docked next to the Ventura last month in St. Maarten and were greatly entertained by their 'farewell' when they left the dock...or should I say, bye, bye baby, baby bye bye....LOL! The passengers were all on the top deck waving British flags and singing the Four Seasons hit song. Hilarious! We were on the 14th deck of the Oasis of the Seas. (click on the photo)

th_MVI_3778_zpsqeswl64v.mp4

Speaking of P&O, we were docked next to the Ventura last month in St. Maarten and were greatly entertained by their 'farewell' when they left the dock...or should I say, bye, bye baby, baby bye bye....LOL! The passengers were all on the top deck waving British flags and singing the Four Seasons hit song. Hilarious! We were on the 14th deck of the Oasis of the Seas. (click on the photo)

Some find the 'Sailaways' a bit cringeworthy but we've joined in a few and they can be a great fun singalong. This one made me smile. Thanks for posting it.:D:D

Hi Linda, (Norbert's Niece)

I hope you don't mind but I shared a link to this thread on another Forum. I did say they weren't my photos but didn't want to put your name on without your permission.

Would you like me to have them shown as Norberts Niece or left as they are.

I should have asked first but the person I emailed wanted some photos to put on a file showing cabins and I shared before thinking.

Kind regards

June

I'd appreciate knowing where they are please. My real name has to be shown on each image. I have my own website and accord this privilege to those who share their images there.

I've posted snips from the live naming ceremony as streamed by P&O here

I'd appreciate knowing where they are please. My real name has to be shown on each image. I have my own website and accord this privilege to those who share their images there.

Hi Linda,

I've emailed you using your web site.

June

This is a fabulous blog and must have taken ages. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Nooooooo I've been blogging here for years now..... got it off pat! You can tell by the times on the posts how long they actually took to upload.... much quicker than actually touring!!! PLUS home wifi is fast..... now onboard blogging is a whole different kettle of fish!! Lol

i'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

Based on Britannia's contemporary design, furnishings and decor I have decided to try P&O again after an absence of 10 years and booked B515 yesterday!

Can it beat Princess and Celebrity though? Britannia will have to be really special to achieve that but I'm willing to give the ship a try (and P&O another go).

Come and join us on the roll call :D:D

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2016101

P&O and Celebrity are just different - accept that and you will have a great time. :):D

Bit confused then. Your real name has to be shown on each image but it isnt shown on any image you have posted here? How would anyone know not to link to your stirling work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This made us smile tonight - people having fun. Thank you. Some people don't like it but there is little harm in this surely and everyone was having a great time. :):D

Yes that song gets quite a hammering on a lot of the "Great British Sailaways" on P&O, the version you heard though was probably the UK hit by the Scottish band the Bay City Rollers, quite a bit later and a very 70's group with short flared tartan trousers, but they did quite a good cover.

Please post any questions you have or pics you'd like me to take and I'll do my best to respond. Checkin at 1030, 1100 embark for self guided tour followed by 3 course lunch, 1430 disembark. Travelling down from London by train. They are providing shuttle transfers from the station.

Beautiful ship on the outside, not so sure about the inside. Ultra modern, awful art, even staff said this to us on our visit. A great deal was made about the designers being top hotel designers, but when I go somewhere the hotel needs to be functional, as it is the destination I have come to see. I felt the Britannia was functional but lacked style. Will suit cookery programme and strictly viewers I am sure.

I gave no doubt we will try the Britannia for a cruise, and hope to be won over, but as the title suggests, my wife and I remain unsure.

Beautiful ship on the outside, not so sure about the inside. Ultra modern, awful art, even staff said this to us on our visit. A great deal was made about the designers being top hotel designers, but when I go somewhere the hotel needs to be functional, as it is the destination I have come to see. I felt the Britannia was functional but lacked style. Will suit cookery programme and strictly viewers I am sure.

I gave no doubt we will try the Britannia for a cruise, and hope to be won over, but as the title suggests, my wife and I remain unsure.

While I totally agree with you regarding the interior decoration I have to disagree regarding the outside of the ship, personally I don't like it at all. To me it looks like a car transporter and lacks style. I much prefer the slightly more traditional lines of Aurora and Oriana.

One of the most stylish cruise ships that I have seen in recent years was Le Boreal a small French cruise ship that was berthed alongside the Aurora when we were in Palma a couple of years ago. It just oozed style and made me yearn to cruise on her.

Edited by AchileLauro

I think its very hard to really judge from some photos. It looks like there is a theme and this will dictate a feel or atmosphere and that can only be judged by being on-board. I see youve been on Eclipse before like we have and some of the decor does look pretty similar to me.

We are on the cruise before yours so we will just go and enjoy. We like the look of the decor since it is so different.

What a great attitude...'so we will just go and enjoy'.

Exactly what I say. I've been reading some pretty potty statements about Britannia on another UK forum. Most of those commenting will never cross a P&O gangway.

You really couldn't make it up.

I couldn't get a pic of the Room service menu. Reception photocopied it for me hence the edges are missing :mad:

There is a Spa brochure. I have scanned the prices.

11046812_10155313778675352_3609111957085829680_n.jpg?oh=aa63127f5dffbaae7d98319cd06164a4&oe=5574B445&__gda__=1438191187_9e6487212f742e6ad50857e3f83a6ca6

10437620_10155313778750352_3736379250118662438_n.jpg?oh=3a1c1a8a8d28b2fbef779578a868f498&oe=5578ED69

11009891_10155313778735352_3158572746775081432_n.jpg?oh=7566a9a0f47053775f5f56f6bcdf4f0a&oe=5589FDE9

11061687_10155313778710352_899664276052969901_n.jpg?oh=7c246ed65b3b8c1003bbbd7088f24d96&oe=558D7823&__gda__=1434076933_0d513c6b62d26a4dbec17bfaecb8fe6f

Happy with that. An Italian Pint Grigio and an Australian Shiraz - Billi Billi.

Many thanks for the all the pics. You've done a fantastic job! To me, she looks very stylish and glamorous, but slightly lacking in warmth. I'll reserve judgement, however, until I sail on her - which is rapidly approaching YAY!!