Bit of a blog - Britannia day visit - Sunday 8th March 2015

NorbertsNiece

Thanks for the great photo's. You must have been dashing round like a mad woman!

I was surprised to see you start a blog on here, so used to reading your great post and pics on Royal Caribbean. I would imagine there were some big differences. Was the ship as brown and beige as it appeared?

All the meals looked good, did your table mates comment on taste?

Thanks again Linda

Who the devil decided on the decor. It's all browns, beige and all zigzags. Personally I think it looks awful.

Who the devil decided on the decor. It's all browns, beige and all zigzags. Personally I think it looks awful.

From what was said in speeches at the lunch the design of the interior was influenced by cruisers.... I wonder who they asked.... it's subdued.... I missed a cheery element.....

I'm boring and like it. Have been to a hotel with a similar colour scheme and it looks great and feels stylish. If this feels the same then it is a good choice.:)

Some of the areas look quite nice and very tastefully done, whereas some areas actually looked rather cheap and kind of unfinished. A little too "cold" for my tastes. I've not been aboard any ships yet, but from what I've seen online, I'm actually quite glad I'm going on Ventura soon instead. It's all a matter of personal taste though, like viewing a house and thinking which bits you'd change....

Thanks for the superb photos NN.

Some of the areas look quite nice and very tastefully done, whereas some areas actually looked rather cheap and kind of unfinished. A little too "cold" for my tastes. I've not been aboard any ships yet, but from what I've seen online, I'm actually quite glad I'm going on Ventura soon instead. It's all a matter of personal taste though, like viewing a house and thinking which bits you'd change....

Thanks for the superb photos NN.

I agree but I wouldn't change anything.

Linda - Thanks for the photos.

Edited by tjwa

The other thing I found with the colour is that it all looks the same, no red port corridor and green starboard, every lift area is the same so can't remember if its the same one you got last time and which end of the ship you are.

I also found every venue to be the same e.g. modern glass, metal, grey, beige which could get a bit boring on a 14 day cruise.

However we did have a great visit yesterday and enjoyed lunch, but probably wouldn't choose Britannia over other ships - but that is my opinion!!

Gillian :)

The other thing I found with the colour is that it all looks the same, no red port corridor and green starboard, every lift area is the same so can't remember if its the same one you got last time and which end of the ship you are.

I also found every venue to be the same e.g. modern glass, metal, grey, beige which could get a bit boring on a 14 day cruise.

However we did have a great visit yesterday and enjoyed lunch, but probably wouldn't choose Britannia over other ships - but that is my opinion!!

Gillian :)

I suppose we will compare Britannia to the Celebrity Silhouette when she was new. She was much of a muchness and everywhere looked the same ...... stunning!

Getting lost on the ship is part of the fun ;)

I think the biggest thing I've noticed is that it looks like a hotel instead of a cruise ship, and I don't think that's a good thing. I noticed that they recently renamed the Purser as Hotel Manager or something too. I'm soon to embark on my first cruise, and I booked this holiday because I wanted to go on a cruise ship, not because I wanted to go in a hotel that floats.

I appreciate that might sound pedantic, but I hope you can understand what I mean by that. I'm seeking more than just the standards of accommodation, food, drink and entertainment. I want to feel like I'm on a big ship, and I want it to feel different/special because of that.

I thought it was just me. Every picture is just brown, brown and more brown. I don't particularly mind it . But it seems so dull.

The icing on the cake, is it's even Captained by yes - you guessed it Captain Brown. Lol!!!!! RAOFL!!!!!!!

Sue

P.s Thanks for taking the time to post so many photos

Edited by Suebiker

Hey Morgans, the areas for babies and toddlers was so cute and lovely there was a room of little day beds and cots for nap time, some soft play areas, lots of toys and fancy dress. Lovely, lovely staff whom we spoke to for a while. All children have to be signed in and out for child protection. I didnt see a kids pool actually but the ship is so big i could have easily missed it. The staff said that for children up to 5 there is one member of staff to 3 children so I have no doubt that they will be safe and well entertained :) x

I have not sailed P&O so can't compare, but personally I don't like the colour scheme - its too cold and clinical. Especially the cabins which look very uninviting to my eyes. There was one picture of a bar which looked like a 70's pub - brown tables and hard wooden chairs. Like another poster said, we sail to experience some special and this just does not do it for me. Just my opinion.

NorbertsNeice

Thank you for the pictures of the single cabins both inside and outside

I was specially intrigued to see the size of the balcony for the outside cabins but it appears plenty big enough... well it will be just me on there so !!

Cruisefan2012

Thanks for taking the time to produce this for us Linda, a mammoth effort. Great pics and they give a really good overview but I'm not sure I like it :eek: which is an awful shame as we're on the April 11th cruise!!! Hopefully I'll feel differently when we get on board.

Gill

Thanks for taking the time to produce this for us Linda, a mammoth effort. Great pics and they give a really good overview but I'm not sure I like it :eek: which is an awful shame as we're on the April 11th cruise!!! Hopefully I'll feel differently when we get on board.

Gill

I think its very hard to really judge from some photos. It looks like there is a theme and this will dictate a feel or atmosphere and that can only be judged by being on-board. I see youve been on Eclipse before like we have and some of the decor does look pretty similar to me.

We are on the cruise before yours so we will just go and enjoy. We like the look of the decor since it is so different.

Based on Britannia's contemporary design, furnishings and decor I have decided to try P&O again after an absence of 10 years and booked B515 yesterday!

Can it beat Princess and Celebrity though? Britannia will have to be really special to achieve that but I'm willing to give the ship a try (and P&O another go).