NEW Suite Upgrades....

I clicked on this above link posted by jonj.

Thanks. I looked at the first version of the same brochure and it is the same as the website.

It will be interesting to see, but this is probably a good thing unless they are seriously upgrading the Thermal 'Room'. I am sure they will have 'upgrade' offers for the whole week if desired.

If I get just one day, I am sure going to use it on a port day to avoid the crowds.

Thanks. I looked at the first version of the same brochure and it is the same as the website.

It will be interesting to see, but this is probably a good thing unless they are seriously upgrading the Thermal 'Room'. I am sure they will have 'upgrade' offers for the whole week if desired.

If I get just one day, I am sure going to use it on a port day to avoid the crowds.

What if the cruise is more than 7 days. :what:

What if the cruise is more than 7 days. :what:

Here is one area where Steiner Leisure / RCI have been somewhat generous.

They normally leave the rate the same for longer cruises. This probably will not be the case for Anthem though, while Oasis and Anthem have mostly 7 night sailings.

I was able to purchase 13 day Oasis Thermal suite on the October TA from Rotterdam for just $99.

They were trying to get $149 when I boarded Quantum the following weed for a 8 night sailing though.

Here is one area where Steiner Leisure / RCI have been somewhat generous.

They normally leave the rate the same for longer cruises. This probably will not be the case for Anthem though, while Oasis and Anthem have mostly 7 night sailings.

I was able to purchase 13 day Oasis Thermal suite on the October TA from Rotterdam for just $99.

They were trying to get $149 when I boarded Quantum the following weed for a 8 night sailing though.

Could you tell me what the themal suite is and what you have access to there? Never had the privledge of going. Thanks so much in advance

Do all ships have a thermal suite, or is this unique to Quantum and Oasis class?

Is this the area with the heated, tile loungers and pretty ocean view? Is there anything unique about that area on Q & O classes?

RCI added their version of the Thermal Suite paid area with Oasis/Allure.

It was also added to Quantum Class, but surprisingly RCI actually reduced the 'footprint' of this area and reduced the number of saunas and showers.

The Oasis Class is completely interior. The Quantum Class has a window into a hallway for some natural lighting.

They have a very nice version on some of the Radiance class ships that were added in the revitalizations of these ships. These have ocean views.

RCI has done nothing like what NCL and MSC have done in this area. They are more like having a private solarium with ocean views and many loungers.

Edited by MADflyer

I bet they will continue to fine tune the program for a while. The verbiage for example on the fitness class went from plural n the initial release to singular on this most recent brochure. This is normal especially since they haven't officially started selling this program (Sept 8th).

My gut tells me that after the launch of the program in May they will start upgrading the soft goods (mattress toppers etc.) part of the suite program on some of the other ships outside the Quantum and Oasis class

Just got off phone with RCCL. The new program applies to new bookings only. I've been booked about 6 weeks now for a cruise on Allure next Sept in a JS. They told me I would NOT get the new amenities. Said I could have my TA cancel then rebook but at the current price, which just happened to go up $500 over the weekend. Nice [emoji15]

This is inaccurate information! Anyone previously booked in suites prior to the rollout do get the new suite perks per Dan, superviser in Loyalty Resolutions 1800-526-9723. Our family is booked in a 2 bedroom suite in jan 2017 and we are getting star class ammenities!

Could you tell me what the themal suite is and what you have access to there? Never had the privledge of going. Thanks so much in advance

RCI Thermal suites only have a few tiled heated loungers and on Oasis class one dry sauna and two steam rooms. This includes access to the relaxation room for the spa treatments. They have two rain/mist showers and the focus is on relaxation. Quantum class only has a dry sauna and a steam room and one shower. Most ships have a full locker room close by with many showers. On Quantum they only put one.

These rooms can become quite advanced on other lines, but RCI have opted for a basic version without pools and without ocean views on most ships. This is why you will see many spa customers going up on deck to the solarium or whirlpools in bath robes as it is normal for a thermal suite guest to go from sauna/steam/whirlpool/showers as a part of a circuit.

Thermal suites on Freedom and Voyager class were not put in place and they have the traditional steam/sauna in each locker room. Here they also have access to the whirlpools on the same deck and one deck up to the soon to disappear St. Tropez outdoor relaxation deck. On these ships you do not 'officially' have access to the relaxation rooms for spa guests as you have not paid the fee.

The problem is simply that the number of Star Class suites is so ridiculously small.

I think this is what's bothering me. The vaunted new perks are only available to a handful of people, and practically impossible to get if you're a couple.

if there are really only 28 rooms in the sky class suites, it wouldn't cost royal much to give those rooms at least some of the amenities of star class, especially the more expensive sky class rooms like CLs and OSes. Maybe it could be a choice between prepaid gratuities, free drink package, or free specialty restaurants, rather than all of them like star class get.

as someone who bounces pretty regularly between balcony rooms, GSes, OSes, and CLs, i'd be fine with the more expensive OS and CL rooms getting more perks than the GSes. if anything, this makes me more likely to just book a GS than shell out more for an OS or CL - i don't know why, as it's not like the perks differed before, but i think that under the new program i was just expecting more for the more expensive suites.

as i said to DH last night, nothing like shelling out big bucks for a CL and then being made to feel like a second-class citizen. i was joking, but only sort of.

Following this thread for awhile.

Been tracking the prices on our L2 for next August. Allure 7, 2016

We booked this two weeks ago Aug 1st. during the bygo1/2 sale (not) while on Oasis.

Today it increased by $360 for the suite. (party of 4).

I check daily for reductions before final payment, prior to this always got them, wonder if it will ever happen again.

Like I posted somewhere else, reductions will probably happen after final payment and I will not be eligible.

Bye

I think this is what's bothering me. The vaunted new perks are only available to a handful of people, and practically impossible to get if you're a couple.

if there are really only 28 rooms in the sky class suites, it wouldn't cost royal much to give those rooms at least some of the amenities of star class, especially the more expensive sky class rooms like CLs and OSes. Maybe it could be a choice between prepaid gratuities, free drink package, or free specialty restaurants, rather than all of them like star class get.

The 28 suites in Sky Class is for Quantum Class ships; I count 75 Sky Class suites on the Oasis Class ships. However, the number of Star Class suites is the same in both classes at 11 (there might be 1 more or less on the new Harmony since it has a slightly different layout on deck 17 from the Allure and the Oasis and it has the 4-bedroom family suite that is not on those ships). Interestingly, more of the Star Class Suites are available to couples on Quantum Class ships since the Quantum Class ships do not have multi-bedroom family suites in Star Class.

If I read it correctly being in the second lever suite class we will get free internet, water which we do not know if it is daily or just on day one, welcome amenity, upgraded beds, nicer toiletries. Everything else was already part of booking that level suite.

While I appreciate these items I think throwing in a lower level drink plan would have been nice. The free internet, for me, is a nice perk not enough to book a suite just because of it but I need to check in with the office and therefore very helpful

The water is provided on Day 1 and only once. It's a 1 liter glass bottle of Evian. I have read from other CC posters that wine and beer are served throughout the day in the CK lounge. The Sky category will additional amenities that I would welcome-internet, thermal room access, CK, and others I have been accustomed to-priority reservations for specialty restaurants, suite sun deck, cocktail hours, exclusive lounge. I will still book the GS category because I enjoy the additional square footage and the benefits that came with it. The additional perks under the new program are a bonus.

I asked about the water during a webinar yesterday morning and the person who responded to my question said that the water will be replenished on demand (that was how I phrased the question).

And the person leading the webinar said that anybody booked before the start date would get the benefits of the new program. Not that she admitted it, but it's pretty silly to announce that the launch of the booking part would be in September - they accelerated it to this week some time.:rolleyes:

And how about laundry? I'm gobsmacked that the Sky class isn't getting anything, not even a wash & fold bag. Princess gives all suites complimentary laundry and cleaning.

Personally I'm really disappointed. Nothing really extra at all in 'the new sky class'. Only really benefits a very tiny percentage of staterooms per ship. We sail in GS's or OS's. A load of hype for nothing if you ask me. Not impressed.....

I agree. Not impressed at all with these additional "perks" or enhancements.

100% agree with you. I personally think either free laundry for one day during a 7nt cruise, 2 days during a longer cruise while the star class has it daily. ONE complimentary specialty restaurant while Star class can dine there daily, and a choice of either a free drink package or gratuities. Or a lower priced drink package

Something on a sliding scale would be nice

100% agree with you. I personally think either free laundry for one day during a 7nt cruise, 2 days during a longer cruise while the star class has it daily. ONE complimentary specialty restaurant while Star class can dine there daily, and a choice of either a free drink package or gratuities. Or a lower priced drink package

Something on a sliding scale would be nice

I'll bet a Lava Flow that after the program has been in effect for a few months they will add some additional perks to the Sky class. Things like laundry service etc for that many people in addition to those that choose to "pay as they play" is something that requires a bit of personnel and logistical planning. I am guessing they are rolling out every perk available to the Star class at first to make sure they can handle those few passengers first and then see what they can handle. What they have to avoid is having people that have been promised something start complaining because RCI just can't handle the demand of what they committed to. The Star Class is a huge departure from anything that has been offered on RCI ships before and I bet they are a little nervous on just what they will find when launched.

In reality, every class of suite did get some type of additional perk but in the world of comparison the Sky looks weak compared to Star. Again, i really think they are playing it safe by testing the waters with the few Star Class suites first and them adding options to Sky class

I'll bet a Lava Flow that after the program has been in effect for a few months they will add some additional perks to the Sky class. Things like laundry service etc for that many people in addition to those that choose to "pay as they play" is something that requires a bit of personnel and logistical planning. I am guessing they are rolling out every perk available to the Star class at first to make sure they can handle those few passengers first and then see what they can handle. What they have to avoid is having people that have been promised something start complaining because RCI just can't handle the demand of what they committed to. The Star Class is a huge departure from anything that has been offered on RCI ships before and I bet they are a little nervous on just what they will find when launched.

In reality, every class of suite did get some type of additional perk but in the world of comparison the Sky looks weak compared to Star. Again, i really think they are playing it safe by testing the waters with the few Star Class suites first and them adding options to Sky class

Would be interesting to see if this indeed happens, however the ones that will be at the beginning of the program will not benefit of any additional items that MAY be added later. For some, myself included, the suite is a splurge and not something booked on every cruise.

I know laundry for Sky will probably be added sooner or later, but all that are Diamond Plus and above get a free bag of laundry per week already and some that stay in suites are Diamond Plus so that may be taken care of now. Some of the lower level cruisers who are staying in a sky suite would like the free bag of laundry per person

RCI had to establish a start date. These upgraded amenities do not happen overnight. Those booked in suites after 5/1/16 are happy, and those booked prior to May 1 are unhappy. Unfortunately, that's life. That is a nonissue, IMO. We have 4 cruises on Oasis class booked prior to May 1, and 4 booked after May 1. Yes, of course I would prefer to have all my sailings qualify, but I understand the logistics.

Edited by travelgoddess1

RCI had to establish a start date. These upgraded amenities do not happen overnight. Those booked in suites after 5/1/16 are happy, and those booked prior to May 1 are unhappy. Unfortunately, that's life. That is a nonissue, IMO. We have 4 cruises on Oasis class booked prior to May 1, and 4 booked after May 1. Yes, of course I would prefer to have all my sailings qualify, but I understand the logistics.

Karen you might have missed this, but Jean mentioned that in the webinar it was confirmed that those already booked in the eligible suites on the participating ships prior to May 1 will be included in the new suites program when it goes into effect.

Karen you might have missed this, but Jean mentioned that in the webinar it was confirmed that those already booked in the eligible suites on the participating ships prior to May 1 will be included in the new suites program when it goes into effect.

I believe Karen was pointing out that if you sail before May 1 your cruise falls under the "Suite Life" program and not the Royal Suite Class.

I agree you have to start somewhere and at a specific point. The program will almost certainly will evolve after May 1st how fast is the question?

I personally got lucky because I only sail every 2-3 years because I want to have a suite and have a family of 5 and I just by chance booked for June 12th....

I believe Karen was pointing out that if you sail before May 1 your cruise falls under the "Suite Life" program and not the Royal Suite Class. I agree you have to start somewhere and at a specific point. The program will almost certainly will evolve after May 1st how fast is the question?

I personally got lucky because I only sail every 2-3 years because I want to have a suite and have a family of 5 and I just by chance booked for June 12th....

Yes, that is what I intended, although I might have said "sailing" instead of "booked," to clarify.

This is inaccurate information! Anyone previously booked in suites prior to the rollout do get the new suite perks per Dan, superviser in Loyalty Resolutions 1800-526-9723. Our family is booked in a 2 bedroom suite in jan 2017 and we are getting star class ammenities!
I believe Karen was pointing out that if you sail before May 1 your cruise falls under the "Suite Life" program and not the Royal Suite Class.

OK, I see where I got confused.:o if you have an existing booking that departs after May 1, you do qualify so it's not for new bookings only.

Edited by cruisenfever