Last time with Princess. EVER!

wrm1701

Many hotels in Europe and other overseas areas do not furnish washcloths. Reasons stated were they are just too personal. We pack a few old ones and discard if we want or put the wet ones in a little plastic bag. Never had a problem on cruise ships tho.

Thanks. Good to know what to expect on a cruise. My DH usually travels with his own but didn't expect to have to do so in Australia!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on this exact cruise. The biggest surprise to us was the huge number of college kids on Spring break! I would never have thought college kids would take a cruise, especially Princess. However, having said that Princess offered a drink package and reduced fare for 3/4person in a room so it makes sense now. After talking to some of the kids they said that the bar staff were getting fed up with them. They all use the Internet constantly, which would cause a slow down for everyone.

As for wash cloths, we had at least 4 everyday in our room, so maybe they need to be distributed more evenly.

We were told by our steward (excellent) that there is a shortage of lotion, bar soap because of the slow down at ports. But if you asked, you got what you needed.

The magician, the 2 comics, the disco party were wonderful.

Was it my best cruise on Princess....no. CB is showing her age. I still had a wonderful time and for anyone out there thinking of taking a cruise with Princess the original post should not turn them off. Not everything can be perfect all the time. This time the weather was perfect 9 days of sunny, hot entertaining days where I didn't have to cook, clean or shovel snow.

We were on this exact cruise. The biggest surprise to us was the huge number of college kids on Spring break! I would never have thought college kids would take a cruise, especially Princess. However, having said that Princess offered a drink package and reduced fare for 3/4person in a room so it makes sense now. After talking to some of the kids they said that the bar staff were getting fed up with them. They all use the Internet constantly, which would cause a slow down for everyone.

As for wash cloths, we had at least 4 everyday in our room, so maybe they need to be distributed more evenly.

We were told by our steward (excellent) that there is a shortage of lotion, bar soap because of the slow down at ports. But if you asked, you got what you needed.

The magician, the 2 comics, the disco party were wonderful.

Was it my best cruise on Princess....no. CB is showing her age. I still had a wonderful time and for anyone out there thinking of taking a cruise with Princess the original post should not turn them off. Not everything can be perfect all the time. This time the weather was perfect 9 days of sunny, hot entertaining days where I didn't have to cook, clean or shovel snow.

Had a great time also. Really enjoyed Bert on the piano. Only real complaint I had was the fact that they left the deck chair pads out all the time on Deck 7 leaving most of them wet during the day. Food is a very subjective issue. I had no problem with it. final comment is that we were looking for an inexpensive cruise providing value for money spent. I believe if I have paid the money that some do for a suite maybe I would not be happy also.

On my last cruise, I would see my steward in the hallway folding

towels at 5:30. He did not run out of anything.

One of the best stewards ever. When I got to the cabin, the

shower curtain smelled terrible. I asked him if he could change.

He did, very quickly.

Later he asked me if everything was ok, and thanked me for

bringing the problem to his attention.

I just about fell over.

I think he needs to go back to steward school and learn to grumble

under his breath at requests, so he doesn't make the other stewards

on princess look bad.

We had a steward that had a personality that was only so-so. He always had a smile but would forget things at times. I'm not really complaining but we have had much better on most all of our cruises.

I was on CB in early Feb in a full suite, my first time on Princess , but about 25th overall.

I was very dissapointed in the treatment of the suite passengers as it compares to NCL or X.

I found the overall higher staff to be invisible, and unapproachable.

However after a month being home some of the neagtive thoughts have left me.

I would have liked to have gotten priority to the Sanctuary , reserved seats at the shows, these are the things that NCL does well.

The choice of food in the buffet was limited, and we had a poor meal in the steak house , we did complain, but nothing was done. On NCL I would have at least gotten a free drink or a free meal. On the flip side Sabitinis went there 2x for dinner was excellent.

Breakfast there was also a nice touch.

Having said all that --I wont be returning!! As there are better choices

I would agree that for suite accommodations Princess is lacking compared to NCL's Haven and the new suite perks with Celebrity. A suite on Princess only means a larger room.

I would agree that for suite accommodations Princess is lacking compared to NCL's Haven and the new suite perks with Celebrity. A suite on Princess only means a larger room.

And no Princess suite compares with the one shown below on a Royal Caribbean ship.

211485028_RCIQOTSRoyalLoftSuite.jpg.83c0b29802aceff483de1f9ddc69b9c1.jpg

423089902_RCIQOTSRoyalLoftSuiteBalcony.jpg.93afc2be6a6263021316b93b64dde42d.jpg

Many hotels in Europe and other overseas areas do not furnish washcloths. Reasons stated were they are just too personal. We pack a few old ones and discard if we want or put the wet ones in a little plastic bag. Never had a problem on cruise ships tho.

I wish Princess didn't assume Americans would accept European standards in regards to linens and such. I prefer a top sheet over a duvet (too hot to sleep under.) So each cruise we have to ask for a light blanket and top sheet, both of which should be standard bedding. It creates more work for the steward, as well.

I don't recall having a problem with washcloths but if Princess were to discontinue offering them, I would bring my own. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

I wish Princess didn't assume Americans would accept European standards in regards to linens and such. I prefer a top sheet over a duvet (too hot to sleep under.) So each cruise we have to ask for a light blanket and top sheet, both of which should be standard bedding. It creates more work for the steward, as well.

I don't recall having a problem with washcloths but if Princess were to discontinue offering them, I would bring my own. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

I agree gotta have washcloths. Our last Princess Cruise was March 2013 on the Emerald to the Caribbean. At that time there was rumbling on Cruise Critic that Princess was doing away with washcloths unless you requested them from your Cabin Steward. That wasn’t the case on our Cruise. We always had them and we never had to ask for them.

A lot of US hotels are going with duvets, too. They feel to me like the lead apron the dentist puts over me for X-rays.

I agree' date=' Keep to valid complaints (don't harp on things that are subjective because your credibility about the hard sell, maybe the credit card hold (even though this may not be the fault of the cruise line....I don't know all the details, but we haven't had a problem but then our only major post-final-payment expenses would be any shore excursions we may buy through Princess). You can certainly say that having the hard sell takes away from your experience of "coming back new." You understand this is a corporate policy and not the fault of the crew, etc.

And please, have someone proofread your email or letter first. The typos in your posts as well as some of your sentences take away from easy reading on the part of Princess.[/quote']

It helps, too, to throw in a compliment here and there:p As you said, it wasn't all bad.

I agree' date=' Keep to valid complaints (don't harp on things that are subjective because your credibility about the hard sell, maybe the credit card hold (even though this may not be the fault of the cruise line....I don't know all the details, but we haven't had a problem but then our only major post-final-payment expenses would be any shore excursions we may buy through Princess). You can certainly say that having the hard sell takes away from your experience of "coming back new." You understand this is a corporate policy and not the fault of the crew, etc.

And please, have someone proofread your email or letter first. The typos in your posts as well as some of your sentences take away from easy reading on the part of Princess.[/quote']

Subjective things can and should be discussed on here, both good and bad. Systematic problems can also be discussed and probably should be. I don't know that anybody claimed the CC fiasco was the fault of the crew. So, I guess I do not understand your post at that point.

We know the OP was heated when he wrote the post and he calmed down. I would not be so critical of his grammar. People post on many boards just to get the words out. Proof reading is good, but not always important. I think you were a little rough on the OP there.

Subjective things can and should be discussed on here, both good and bad. Systematic problems can also be discussed and probably should be. I don't know that anybody claimed the CC fiasco was the fault of the crew. So, I guess I do not understand your post at that point.

We know the OP was heated when he wrote the post and he calmed down. I would not be so critical of his grammar. People post on many boards just to get the words out. Proof reading is good, but not always important. I think you were a little rough on the OP there.

I didn't say the credit card problem was the fault of the crew. I was just suggesting that the hard sell of wine tastings, etc., are not the fault of the crew as it comes from Corporate.

And yes, it does help to have a complaint letter checked over by a friend who has a good command of the language. My hubby will often have me check his emails that he sends to a higher up (he's just a couple steps below assistant general manager) or even to his workers. I used to be a professional proofreader, but I like others to read my correspondence, newsletters, etc., as I might miss my typos. The time I sent a complaint letter to Princess, I had a couple of people from the same sailing read it before mailing it.

I wish Americans would realize that many Princess passengers are not American, Princess ships do not sail exclusively out of US ports, and that Princess ships are British registry, and that the owner of Princess is both American and British.

So why should everything be done to an American standard? And Princess are happy to accommodate special requests without any problem.

I wish Americans would realize that many Princess passengers are not American, Princess ships do not sail exclusively out of US ports, and that Princess ships are British registry, and that the owner of Princess is both American and British.

So why should everything be done to an American standard? And Princess are happy to accommodate special requests without any problem.

Bermuda

Bermuda

And who do you think owns Bermuda? Its handy, being at the same time both British and outside the EU.

Have a look at the flag on the back of any Princess ship next time, its the British Merchant Navy ensign , the "Red Duster".

Easy for Americans to travel on one of their own USA flagged seagoing cruise ships where no doubt everything will be comfortingly just like home.

But of course the only ocean you'll travel in will be for a week around Hawaii.

And who do you think owns Bermuda? Its handy, being at the same time both British and outside the EU.

Have a look at the flag on the back of any Princess ship next time, its the British Merchant Navy ensign , the "Red Duster".

Easy for Americans to travel on one of their own USA flagged seagoing cruise ships where no doubt everything will be comfortingly just like home.

But of course the only ocean you'll travel in will be for a week around Hawaii.

I have gained some knowlege on this thread. Support the customs of the ships registry. Does that mean no more tipping?

And pretty much everyone expects the rest of the world to accept US standards. Sheesh.

I have gained some knowlege on this thread. Support the customs of the ships registry. Does that mean no more tipping?

The original scheme of tipping cruise ship staff originated on the White Star Line, whose ships were decidedly British, and had a British Flag on thier sterns.

I also have that concern. What need a duvet in the Caribbean, especially when the air conditioning isn't all it could be? I also ask the steward for a light sheet (I omit the blanket, and have him get rid of the duvet). I wish there was some way to put this in a preference somewhere, so I didn't have to.

Please see my comments above. Not everything was bad. But when calling the 800 number several times to get things resolved and were pretty rude this time.

I agree. Cruise companies are only nice when you call to book it, if you have any problems afterwards, they don't care. I have cruised with 7 different cruise lines and out of all 7, Celebrity and Disney are my favorites!!!

The original scheme of tipping cruise ship staff originated on the White Star Line, whose ships were decidedly British, and had a British Flag on thier sterns.

Just a qustion not trying to argue. Why do cruisers on European cruisers pay more for their cruises. Including the British, they say it is not their system to tip. I do know that about half the culture in Bermuda tips or charges a service charge. However Brits are not allowed to buy through American Companies supposably for that reason.

This thread reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask for some time.

We keep the a/c on the coldest setting just about every cruise, usually inside cabins. It's always fine during the day, but

some time during the early morning hours, the room gets much too warm for me. They must turn the a/c or generators down throughout the ship automatically. If it weren't for my little fan I'd have to give up cruising!

Anyone else experience this problem? I'm beyond the hot flash stage, but we do keep our bedroom a/c very low at night. Don't often have this problem in hotels.