Elite/Plat Nightly Event

jamesnnb

What is the cost of drinks on the Crown for the nightly Elite/Plat event?[/QU

We just got of the Diamond in Australia and I can tell you the drinks were $5 each night with night goodies to munch on. We did have a couple of repeats but that was fine with us. We were in Skywalkers each night before dinner (and at sail away). I know the Skywalker's is gone on the Crown. We wnjoyed the $5 specials very much. Enjoy!

Cheers, Kenn

Why is it different on each ship?

For something like this they should be the same. Would really like to see Princess have a free happy hour like RCI and Celebrity rather than a bar setup.

I know the Skywalker's is gone on the Crown.
It is? Must have just fallen off. :) I was on the Crown in January and Skywalker's was definitely still there.

The ONLY ship to have Skywalker's removed was the Grand and that was for hull/materials/design issues that were corrected when the next ship, the Golden, was built.

Edited by Pam in CA

$5 drinks offered were El Mejor Margarita, Chivas Regal Rob Roy, Chairman of the Board, Mojito, Brezza Marina, Japanese Slipper, Cosmopolitan, and Pimm's Cup. Then they were repeated. The pre-dinner hors d'oeuvres were also repeated after 8 days.

Why is it different on each ship?

To an extent each ship is it's own business. Thus, the incentives for each senior management team to manage the ship for profit so it can lead to some rules being more or less stringently enforced. Of course Corporate oversees the profits from each ship as well...so there is pressures to hit targets and be the most profitable ship etc...

On the Crown in January and they told us only the drink of the night. We saw others getting a choice of $5. drinks. Asked the waiter and she said she would have to o.k. it with supervisor. I wish they would offer all 6 drinks each night.

I like the event, but find it irritating to pay about $7 for a glass of wine. Can't believe they can't do a glass of wine for $5.00 if they can do the daily cocktails for that.

They could do many things cheaper - but they are a business with shareholders who want dividends.

At least the event and the food is free…

I like the event, but find it irritating to pay about $7 for a glass of wine. Can't believe they can't do a glass of wine for $5.00 if they can do the daily cocktails for that.

Wouldn't it be that price elsewhere on the ship, too?

They could do many things cheaper - but they are a business with shareholders who want dividends.

At least the event and the food is free…

What do you mean the 'event and the food is free?' Do they charge you for food in the MDR, Buffet, IC? Sorry, don't agree with you. Sure they are in business, but don't say something is for free when it is not. Drinks are $5 and food can be obtained at other venues. RCI and Celebrity do much more for their Free Event (Happy Hour 5-7 on X and 5-8:30 on RCI) with much more selection of FREE Drinks and much more selection on Food.

This is the only thing I am comparing between the 3 cruise lines.

What do you mean the 'event and the food is free?' Do they charge you for food in the MDR, Buffet, IC? Sorry, don't agree with you. Sure they are in business, but don't say something is for free when it is not. Drinks are $5 and food can be obtained at other venues. RCI and Celebrity do much more for their Free Event (Happy Hour 5-7 on X and 5-8:30 on RCI) with much more selection of FREE Drinks and much more selection on Food.

This is the only thing I am comparing between the 3 cruise lines.

I don't recall hearing the PES lounge billed as a "free" event.