1/2 off deposit

romandog

It starts today but why would this matter because you still have to owe it and later on it just means you have to pay that much more? I always find this 50% deposit thing a huge gimic....we still need to pay it so early or later doesn't matter.....its not a bargain, I would more rather wait for a good price for the cruise.

It starts today but why would this matter because you still have to owe it and later on it just means you have to pay that much more? I always find this 50% deposit thing a huge gimic....we still need to pay it so early or later doesn't matter.....its not a bargain, I would more rather wait for a good price for the cruise.

I'd have to agree with you here 100%.

Harriet

Well, it is a matter of funds right now. I have 2 other cruises booked and as I see it, it is better to give them as little money as possible. I always pay with income tax funds, so it is not a problem paying on the other end.

One of the reasons I would like the half price deposit is splitting our group into two rooms...we are booking a 2017 cruise so why would i want to tie up more of our money than we needed?

The better question is, why would anyone care how you spend your money? :confused: For that matter, why would anyone think members here want financial advise from them or that others care how they choose to spend their money? Message boards never cease to amaze me.

yeah, I see it as a gimmick too.

new mgmt is looking more and more like PT Barnum.

(ie: higher auto-tipping charge for suites vs lower class rooms, and double dipping on tipping in specialty restaurants)

wonder what other fast ones they're going to pull in the future and make it look like a customer 'benefit'?

The beauty of having so many cruise lines to choose from is that if we don't "like" something that a particular line is doing, we can try another line on for size. Personally, we've been cruising NCL for over 25 years now and we have tried other lines - but keep coming back "home" to NCL. No other line treats their suite passengers as well as Norwegian and unless/until that changes we will continue to enjoy each and every cruise that we take. I've never felt that NCL nickel and dimed us - we have the choice to buy or not buy.

A better alternative to 50% off (if you have one, or after your next cruise) is to buy and use a Frequent Cruise Certificate for $250 which is accepted as full deposit for the cabin. Additionally, you get $100 OBC when you buy one.

yeah, I see it as a gimmick too.

new mgmt is looking more and more like PT Barnum.

(ie: higher auto-tipping charge for suites vs lower class rooms, and double dipping on tipping in specialty restaurants)

wonder what other fast ones they're going to pull in the future and make it look like a customer 'benefit'?

I agree, its a gimmick. I like your comment about the new NCL/Barnum company.

The cruise prices are the same, I have a FCC, but the deposit is not what is keeping me from booking a cruise now, its the higher prices, which started about 6 months ago Am not interested in the other promotions, would not take advantage of them.

I agree, its a gimmick. I like your comment about the new NCL/Barnum company.

The cruise prices are the same, I have a FCC, but the deposit is not what is keeping me from booking a cruise now, its the higher prices, which started about 6 months ago Am not interested in the other promotions, would not take advantage of them.

Almost all marketing is a gimmick. I do like the half off deposit sales because it allows me to reserve a cruise for less, leaving more money in my pocket longer. Plus it is usually easier to come up with $250 than it is $500 (and when our whole family sailed it was even more drastic). That being said, CCL is also having a half off deposit sale right now and their sailings are about $800 less than what NCL has to offer for similar itineraries. Offering the Freestyle Choice doesn't close that gap for us.

Booked my Escape cruise for 2017!! Balcony room Port side. I hope we can see the fireworks from the Balcony. We will be on Deck 11 aft.:D

Wow! Thats great! So glad I got the email and was able to let you know.

Have a great trip!

This kind of promo is totally lost on me, but I always book within a month or two of sailing and generally go solo. I can't fathom planning a vacation far enough in advance to make a partial deposit. Just not my style. Happy that it is a good deal for others, though,

Edited by kollegekreed

The better question is, why would anyone care how you spend your money? :confused: For that matter, why would anyone think members here want financial advise from them or that others care how they choose to spend their money? Message boards never cease to amaze me.

Nobody does care. It's about the claim of a "sale" which isn't the case with a reduction in deposits.

I completely agree. In my case the deposits mean nothing to me- it's the total end price that I want a "sale" on. :)