Celebrity Cruises (official) - important

ghstudio

Just stumbled across this thread and I am TOTALLY confused as to why anyone would want to upgrade their drinks package?? We got our classic drinks package included on the 123 promotion are we going to have problems with it?? Very worried now.

No worries....this whole issue surrounds upgrading from Classic to Premium and if you aren't doing that then this thread has no impact in your case.

Upgrading means you get better selections in more expensive wines and drinks with higher premium alcohol...such as Kettle One vodka.

Just stumbled across this thread and I am TOTALLY confused as to why anyone would want to upgrade their drinks package?? We got our classic drinks package included on the 123 promotion are we going to have problems with it?? Very worried now.

You will be fine. People upgrade only to have a more extensive selection of premium alcohol.

Some of us prefer the martinis or the better wines and call vodkas that are available with the premium package. We have only done 2 Celebrity cruises and upgraded on both. Well worth our while and we plan to upgrade on our next. See you are new to CC, there are many Bedfords, I teach in one, where are you?

Thankyou Celebrity Rep. I think the final step in all this is to reassure us that this information has been passed on to all the ships for cruises that go into 2017 under those booking conditions because this thread re-ignited a couple of days ago when your confirmation wasn't heeded by the ship crew as per their written instructions.

If there is confusion onboard I don't think our statement that we read this on a forum is going to carry any weight.

Some here scoffed at my suggestion that a confirmation letter that we could print off would be a good thing in such situations. And would have helped the poster who reported the confusion currently on the ship.

We sail next week on the Solstice and plan to upgrade using OBC, so have been watching this thread with interest. Thank you Celebrity for sorting out the confusion quickly, but please let the ships know asap.

No but I would stop shopping with them if they bold face lied to me.

It's not as easy for us to say just upgrade before the deadline. Canadians have a 28% exchange rate to add in the mix. Just wish this thing would get solved once and for all if it's $16 then fine, I'll cancel my $1,000 OBC and just pay it but make a freaking decision already and make sure the fleet has the info. :eek:

If you can cancel OBC I assume you purchased it - the rate has been 10% not 28% like the banks in Canada.

I upgraded my "123 Go" supplied classic package tonight to premium for $82.60 for a 7 day cruise by calling Celebrity. 7 days times $10 - $70, plus 18% gratuities. No issues whatsoever.

Sure, but not everyone is in the USA.....

I am glad you all got your answers, but like the other poster, I get everything on the Classic I want and so does hubby. We love the free bev pkg - bottled water is bottled water, I don't need a particular brand. Love the sodas are in cans, not a gun. And I drink Miller Lite and a occasional glass of White Zin both of which are included. Hubby drinks Jack/sprite or beam/sprite which is included. Once in a while a frozen specialty drink, which is included. he get his specialty coffee included. So for us, the Classic Free Pkg is wonderful!!!;)

Long story short for everyone just getting to this. They raised the package of the drink packages. At first, we were told by the Celebrity Official who came here to give notice about the prices increases, that the cost of upgrading would be the difference between the old price (of your existing package) and the new price of the package you wanted. BUT if you paid for the upgrade by X date, you would be able to do it for $4 (non-alcohol classic to non-alcohol premium) and $10 (classic alcohol to classic premium).

Everyone got up in arms, and said it should be $4/$10 regardless of when you do the upgrade. Half-way through a very long thread, the Celebrity Official came back with the official word that it would be $4/$10 regardless of when you did the upgrade. WOO HOO! But then, some members got onboard and were told differently.

The cruise critic celebrity official (also concerns@celebrity - good to know that!) confirmed that it is in fact $4/$10 and its all being sorted out with the ships.

In the meantime, if you are sailing in the next few weeks, take pictures of the "Official Celebrity" responses on your cellphones (including the date and time stamp from the corner of your computer) so that you can present them to CSR at Reception to ensure pricing is adjusted correctly.

Although we may not want to accept this, communication has bottlenecks and all the correct information does not always get to the front line employees.

Let's try to get from "blaming" to "informing".

That is the list that is supposedly the most current but That list doesn't list any whiskey!?? Crown isn't shown in either package. I found a list from 2014 that has Crown in the classic package. I can't believe that Celebrity doesn't serve Crown, Canadian Club or VO anymore! :eek:

Maybe the Celebrity Officials have a more complete list.

Thanks for your help!

Keep in mind that the classic (or premium) package doesn't cover liquor by brand....it covers all drinks up to a price. The list you see is not necessarily complete.

Additionally, a drink is included or not in a package based on it's regular price....that means that even if a drink is $10 normally but on special for the day or happy hour at $7, it is not covered by the classic package. A little known (in advance) ugly twist....

Edited by ghstudio

Additionally, a drink is included or not in a package based on it's regular price....that means that even if a drink is $10 normally but on special for the day or happy hour at $7, it is not covered by the classic package. A little known (in advance) ugly twist....

Well that stinks.

Well that stinks.

It's been that way for a long time. If you look closely at the fine print on a table top advertisement for the drink of the day, it mentions that the drink is not covered by the Classic Package.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Keep in mind that the classic (or premium) package doesn't cover liquor by brand....it covers all drinks up to a price. The list you see is not necessarily complete.

While disappointing, I do understand that the business looks at it as combining 2 special offers on the same item. Around here, there are often coupons that can't be applied to sale items. CVS gets me on that frequently. Oft times the sale price is better than the coupon. I look at this the same way: free classic drink vs discounted special. You can still choose to have the 'special', if it's worth it to you to pay the happy hour price.

Jane

It's been that way for a long time. If you look closely at the fine print on a table top advertisement for the drink of the day, it mentions that the drink is not covered by the Classic Package.

Since we've never had a drink package I guess that's why I never knew that.

Since we've never had a drink package I guess that's why I never knew that.

I don't always have a drink package.

However, one day at the bar near the pool area, I went to go order a drink. Couldn't decide what I wanted, but saw the table top advertisement for the drink of the day. I decided to give it a try but the bartender had to get restocked for something he didn't have at that moment. While I waited, I picked up the table tent to read it. That's when I discovered the "fine print".