I Wish Princess Would

trinaM

I see many CCers mention asking for a top sheet. Excuse my ignorance, but are they asking for just a top sheet alone on the bed, or a top sheet placed on top of the duvet for cleanliness reasons?

I seem to recall in the past having a top sheet under the duvet without asking on Princess, but I could be wrong.

They don't have top sheets any more unless you ask, in my experience.

I want a top sheet under the duvet. First of all, I don't like the 'feel' of a duvet--it's so thick and cumbersome and heavy. Secondly, I am either roasting (with duvet on) or cold, with the duvet off. Just a simple, tuckable blanket please! A top sheet helps, but is still often too cold by itself.

I don't like the on-again off-again with the duvet all night long as I get either too hot or too cool.

To me, a duvet doesn't seem clean--I suppose they wash the covers between passengers, but it still makes me feel like I'm covered with a bedspread.

How about having real Mexican food on the MDR menu on Mexican cruises.

Sent from my D2-927G using Forums mobile app

There are several deep water ports that need to be utilized for west coast sailings. I wish they would open up Port Hueneme/Ventura County ports to Cruise ships. Monterey and many other Northern California ports for Pacific Coastal cruises would also be a great destination. Do them like the Alaska cruises, Northern bound, then Southern bound. If we could remove the Jones Act to repeal the need to visit a foreign port, then maybe US/West Coast only sailings could happen. The way it is now we have to visit Ensenada or Vancouver to meet the requirement for the Jones Act.

They don't have top sheets any more unless you ask, in my experience.

I want a top sheet under the duvet. First of all, I don't like the 'feel' of a duvet--it's so thick and cumbersome and heavy. Secondly, I am either roasting (with duvet on) or cold, with the duvet off. Just a simple, tuckable blanket please! A top sheet helps, but is still often too cold by itself.

I don't like the on-again off-again with the duvet all night long as I get either too hot or too cool.

To me, a duvet doesn't seem clean--I suppose they wash the covers between passengers, but it still makes me feel like I'm covered with a bedspread.

They have not had top sheets for many years. We have had to ask for the last15 plus years.

How about some more reasonable pricing.....this nickel and diming on the Regal/Royal is getting old quick....How about giving Elite members access to ALL cruise promotions......All the other cruise lines have attractive offers many times during the year.....with FAR MORE interesting new ships.....

A 3rd Regal/Royal type ship would sail empty in this pppart of the world. ...Far East sounds like a good place for it.

They don't have top sheets any more unless you ask, in my experience...

Thanks. I guess the duvet covers alone must have been okay for me if I didn't notice. I do prefer a bed with top sheet, blanket and bedspread though. You have more control over temperature that way, but more housekeeping is involved so duvets save Princess $.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

I really wish Princess would roll back the basic cruise package prices to what they were 10 years ago….

Never mind….. i just realized something…. last week we booked a 15 day Hawaii cruise for about the same money i paid for a 14 day eastern caribbean cruise (similar room and time ) in 2004. How's Princess able to do that? Hmmm

Someone said more return cruises from Fort Lauderdale - so again I say the Amazon it is years since Princess did it. With the demise of the smaller ships that can sail the Amazon soon it won't be something Princess can do.

I wish they would have more 'true' 14 day cruises instead of returning to the home port after 7 days. Also, some new Caribbean itineraries would be great. Princess Cays is nice but let's shake it up a bit!:)

We totally agree! My hubby and I love 14 day uninterrupted Caribbean cruises but go on Celebrity as Princess runs back and forth to Fort Lauderdale to get a 14 day cruise and then have to do the lifeboat drill a second time. Also wish the theaters held more passengers for their evening shows.

Keep the doors closed on the cigar bars. They seem to want them open, I guess because the smoke is too thick. Especially bad on the Grand style ships. They leave the doors open, and the smoke goes into the theater.

Doug

Keep the doors closed on the cigar bars. They seem to want them open, I guess because the smoke is too thick. Especially bad on the Grand style ships. They leave the doors open, and the smoke goes into the theater.

Doug

I agree with this one!

Doug

I thought I was the only one that noticed that. It's discussing especially when I get there early for a show trying to read in peace & have to smell it. :(

The funny thing is that during the M&G when all the officers are there, I ask why this is allowed and all say that is is NOT allowed, and I must be seeing an isolated incident, but it is the same every day. I close the doors, they get opened up immediately. At the Captains Circle gathering later, I report this to the Captain and Staff captain and am again told this isnt allowed and I must just have noticed an isolated incident...blah...blah...

Doug

Out of all my "I wish" things I definitely wish they had more cruises out of SF. There are always a ton of "getaway" cruises out of LA but never out of SF. I just can't handle the 8-9 hour drive each way to get to and from LA for most cruises. It seems they could at least do some of the 7 day coastal cruises out of SF.

1. More cruises out of NY/NJ, and not just to Canada/NE. Bring back the 9 day So. Carib. ones, or anything else you want. Bermuda. Bahamas. (come on, pretty mama...), just make it out of NY/NJ. Even Baltimore would be ok. I despise having to fly to a port, when there are perfectly good ports right here. I'd really prefer not to have to choose between flying, or going on the latest Behemoth of the Seas out of NJ.

2. Better internet. Just about ANYTING would be an improvement!

That's about it. I love Princess!

You are not required to attend subsequent muster drills when on a multi segment cruise.

Mike:)

On the last back to back I was on they did not require you to attend subsequent drills. Only the first one.

Out of all my "I wish" things I definitely wish they had more cruises out of SF. There are always a ton of "getaway" cruises out of LA but never out of SF. I just can't handle the 8-9 hour drive each way to get to and from LA for most cruises. It seems they could at least do some of the 7 day coastal cruises out of SF.

Princess has cut the "getaways" out of LA way back this year--far fewer than last :(.

When I lived in the Bay Area, I felt the same way that you do about not enough cruises originating there. My TA at the time said she felt the reason was that flight connections and fares are often better to LA than SF for the many pax that fly in to cruise, and SFO has more fog delays than LAX.

Now that Pier 27 is operational, perhaps cruises to SF will pick up; I imagine the obsolete Pier 35 was an issue for cruiselines as well.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

Have sailed Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Princess.. they ALL have pros and cons. If asked for advice about their cruises, regardless of ports.. I would tell Princess to make sure all ships have an outside promenade deck, one of my favorite things is to walk that deck. I also hope they are working on their production shows.. they have some good themes, but the costumes and the dance moves could definitely be classier. On the plus side, I think generally their food is better, love the International Cafe and that there are multiple options for snacks though out the cruise. I think we all say we want longer cruises, say 11 days, but realistically the cruise lines would do that if they could fill them. Many folks just don't have the time and then turning the ship becomes a logistical issue.. how many folks will start a cruise mid-week? But yes, I would like it being I am now retired and can be flexible as to time.

Please, Princess add sofa or love seat area to cabins in all categories like HAL, Carnival, etc. 1 chair or sitting on the bed is not comfortable. We have to book mini-suites plus to get a sitting area that is not on the bed.

The funny thing is that during the M&G when all the officers are there, I ask why this is allowed and all say that is is NOT allowed, and I must be seeing an isolated incident, but it is the same every day. I close the doors, they get opened up immediately. At the Captains Circle gathering later, I report this to the Captain and Staff captain and am again told this isnt allowed and I must just have noticed an isolated incident...blah...blah...

Doug

This is one of the reasons that the staff don't show up sometimes to M&G's. :rolleyes:

I wish they would have more 'true' 14 day cruises instead of returning to the home port after 7 days. Also, some new Caribbean itineraries would be great. Princess Cays is nice but let's shake it up a bit!:)

One hundred percent agree. We opted for "X" in Dec 16 because of a Princess lack in this area.