Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Just got 2 $500's.

How long does it generally take to get the cards?

About a week +/-. I have never had them take more than 9 days, and have had them in as few as 5.

If you order the $ 500 cards they will be sent UPS "signature required", so keep that in mind.

Good luck!

Well, I just switched my phones from Verizon to AT&T last night, so I guess I'll have to sign up at AARP to continue purchasing gift cards. Probably should've gone online and spent my tens of thousands of points on some sweepstakes just to use them up! Oh well. Too late now. Just hope they didn't cut me off before the two cards I bought the other day shipped.

At my advanced age, I suppose I really should join but they insulted me when they started sending me membership info when I turned 40! :p

Well, I just switched my phones from Verizon to AT&T last night, so I guess I'll have to sign up at AARP to continue purchasing gift cards.

You don't have to be a member of AARP to sign up for "AARP Rewards For Good". Also, if you happen to have Allstate Insurance, you can sign up for Allstate Rewards, which has the same items as AARP Rewards does.

As a non-Carnival AARP side note, Rewards for Good has a $5 Chick-Fil-A gift card for $0 and 500 points as Saturday's Daily Deal, and the same deal for Toys R Us on Sunday. The deals go live at 3:00 PM Eastern Time each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally figured out how to get to the gift cards without joining and just took a couple of quizzes to get my point total over 5k. Now I can order a $500 card (they're currently available). I'm guessing the shipping is like it was with Verizon - $100 cards via USPS, $500 cards via FedEx or UPS w/signature? I'll have it delivered to the office since I'm typically not home during the day.

I usually only get multiples of the $100 cards but since I have a large balance due on the Pride Journeys (sailing solo is expensive), I figured I'd get a $500 card to apply to that balance and use the smaller cards I already have to pay off Splendor and take with me for onboard expenses.

I'm guessing the shipping is like it was with Verizon - $100 cards via USPS, $500 cards via FedEx or UPS w/signature?

NCTribeFan, that is correct. Typically, the first time you order anything over $500, they will contact you to validate the shipping address. Don't miss that email :)

I received an email confirmation of the purchase but it just says they'll send an email when it ships. They didn't ask for confirmation of the address. I did check my spam folder just in case there was something there but there wasn't.

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

I received an email confirmation of the purchase but it just says they'll send an email when it ships. They didn't ask for confirmation of the address. I did check my spam folder just in case there was something there but there wasn't.

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

I've Never been asked to confirm an order. Never once and I have been getting all amounts for 2 years. I think it depends on your bank. If you see a shipping confirmation then you're good.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nothing else, yet. I imagine it takes a couple of days to process the order. I'm not in a huge rush.

I do wish these places would offer the e-cards! The first couple of times I got them from Verizon, they were electronic and I had them almost immediately. It was so simple.

Oh well. I'll deal with paying the tiny amount for shipping/postage and waiting a week or so to get a 10% discount for nothing, really!

I got the shipping confirmation from AARP (or the clearinghouse for their GCs anyway) and got the card two days later. I placed the order on a Saturday and had them by the next Wednesday. Except for the UPS guy screwing up and delivering it to my house rather than my parents it went off without a hitch. Sorry you're having delays.

Alrighty. I did receive an email this morning asking me to call and confirm the order before they'd ship. Just off the phone and it's good to go.

I don't have a problem with any business confirming an order, especially when it's more than a few dollars. Rather have that than have it delivered to the wrong address.

I had a Verizon order for a couple of $100 cards get put in a neighbor's mailbox. Thankfully, they brought it over rather than throwing it in the trash!

Some people have great mail delivery. I don't. I'm constantly getting other people's mail in my box and worry every time I order cards that come USPS.

So, I ordered the $500 card on Wednesday and even with the need to call and confirm, it shipped yesterday via UPS. I'll post when it arrives to give others who may be new at this an idea of what to expect currently.

I ordered mine on Saturday, July 16 (1 -$500 and 5 -$100) and received them Thursday July 21.

I've ordered them four times so far.

The first time, I ordered 4 100$ cards specifically to avoid the required signature at delivery for $500.

Unfortunately, I did it right before I left town, and missed the e-mail asking for confirmation. I was able to have the order reactivated when I returned, and the cards took about a week to show up via USPS.

On the rest of the orders, I get an email that they have been sent, and the cards arrive via USPS ~ a week from the time of ordering.

I live out in nowhere, north Florida, and we commonly have USPS delivery times that are about 2 days slower than normal.

Good luck!

Wendy